MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

general signal to noise ratio question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author general signal to noise ratio question
circling-crane
in general do the Blacet modules have a better signal to noise ratio than the Paia modules? Not looking for ultra clean here..just in general. I notice that the Paia modules are slightly noisy, but that's all part of their character. Is Blacet a slight step up?
Cat-A-Tonic
circling-crane wrote:
in general do the Blacet modules have a better signal to noise ratio than the Paia modules? Not looking for ultra clean here..just in general. I notice that the Paia modules are slightly noisy, but that's all part of their character. Is Blacet a slight step up?

I don't have any PAiA modules,
but most Blacet modules are very clean/noise-free when you want them to be.

I think most Blacet modules are on the Cwejman level in terms of quality.
Yet they are priced at a bargain, and aimed at budding DIYers.

Blacet support is also second to none.
I bought a kit built, second hand module with a low output, and Blacet offered to send me a component to make it right. Mr. Green

we're not worthy Blacet
e-grad
True! Even though I pay a mark-up of round about 22% for import duties Blacet's cost/performance ratio remains unique! As Cat-a-Tonic wrote Blacet offers high qualtiy modules at a bargain.
BugBrand
Without knocking Paia, the design quality of Blacet is simply miles ahead.

Paia tends to be quite cheap and cheerful - the designs tend to be a bit get-the-job-done.
Blacet, on the other hand, tends towards much more involved circuitry, putting in all the stuff which I think is very necessary - eg. making sure waveforms will be consistent amplitudes, decent buffering etc. In other words, not cutting corners. And still the kits are very good value! Amazing.
darenager
I had a Paia 9700 system when they first came out, it sounded great but not ultra clean, and it was also a bit on the wild and unpredictable side (the filter at least) but it represents good value for money I think.

Blacet stuff, as already said by the fine fellows above, really is great quality, never had a single problem with my fairly large Blacet rig.
circling-crane
thanks for the input. I'm so hooked by the DIY modular thing..and my 1st electronics (anything) kit builds have been Paia. I'm super happy and inspired, just to be able to complete one and hear it work. I guess I'm starting to look more at signal quality now that I have the basic building skills down. IE: able to solder without burning myself..smile Paia by far has value, in that I have learned so much, without expending a ton of money, and Scott is so, very helpful. Once I have my initial Paia build done, I'm looking forward to Blacet kits and beyond.
noisefor
You simply can't beat Blacet for quality and affordability. The attention to detail, logic and broad functionality of design/system at the price point is impossible to rival. I have built about 15 Blacet modules now and I couldn't be happier. All I can say is I wish there were more...
werock
I wish I had room for more...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1