MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

minicase
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author minicase
boothnavy
diophantine
"I can has UEG?!"
giorgio
I can grab a pic of the 5U case i had made for 1 MOTM module and post it here, once i unpack it. moving is a bitch
The Hamburglar
I want the Modcan touch sequencer in one of these!
boothnavy
The Hamburglar wrote:
I want the Modcan touch sequencer in one of these!

That's what it's for, actually... 8_)

Paging Sunspots...
EATyourGUITAR
we having matching black cats

whats the power connector look like on the back and is it detachable?
wyrtti
Wow! That case actually makes perfect sense for the touch sequencer! Very nice idea!
modularfreak
Same question here: how do you handle power (external power supply, very long cable)?

I am considering the Synthesizers.com QPS2 (with an MOTM/Modcan adapter if necessary) as a nice and affordable power solution for small case setups.

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
we having matching black cats

whats the power connector look like on the back and is it detachable?
SunSpots
Yes, mine is almost done smile Boothnavy has been great to deal with.
Def. putting the Modcan touch in it! that's the plan.
He's got the cabling dialed in. It all looks pro. Gonna get mine soon here, likely next week. Will post up some photos when it comes in... although the modcan touch isn't coming in for another few weeks... :(

ss
SunSpots
Oh, and to clarify, I am using the power in my main box. We're taking a cable to the back and going in to the distro board. Dunno if your boxes can work that way, but I'm sure you'll figure something out. It looks legit. If it wasn't late for me I would post up the cable photos, but maybe boothnavy can do that himself smile

ss
boothnavy
as promised...

From my web site:

6 pin DIN power connector, standard for Dotcom systems, or request 6 pin to your choice: 4 pin MTA, 3 pin MTA for connecting to a native power bus.

Compatible external power supply also available.
dude
fuck yeah!
nlaudadio
Awesome. applause
essex sound lab
Wow...that is insanely cool. Nice and clean power solution, too.

And I'm guessing you'd be willing to make them in other widths?
essex sound lab
Guess interest levels are high!

Edit: It's back. Lovely stuff...

Quote:

We'll be back shortly

Our servers are over capacity and certain pages may be temporarily unavailable. We're incredibly sorry for the inconvenience.
bwhittington
essex sound lab wrote:

There are these on the site:

The red two spacer is quite cute. Nice work.

Cheers,
Brian
sempervirent
That's pretty neat. But who am I kidding, one 5U module would never be enough.

5U modules look HUGE compared to that SH-101:
http://analogcraftsman.com/post/11981440406/10u-sloped-cases-in-red-to lex-and-black-ebonized
AnalogBastard
applause Awesome job on those cases, it's nice to see some love for the 5U folks.
boothnavy
essex sound lab wrote:

Most definitely! I'm talking to a gent now about a 3MU case.

The advantage of being a custom shop is that I don't have to always follow a specific product line, especially for cases as I am, for the most part, building them to order. I'd prefer to keep the modules more or less similar, but as maybe you've seen in other threads, there has been a lot of input from other wigglers. Things like adding inputs channels or attenuators, etc is quite easy to do.

The disadvantages of this business model is that I rarely get to take advantage of volume discounts, so things are a bit more expensive. Sorry, that is just the price one pays for this flexibility.

Thank you so much for all the positive comments and overall interest in these cases ( and the modules, too, for that matter!)
Thalassa
Who says that 5U format is not portable?? applause applause
fac
So cute.
Henfield
sempervirent wrote:
5U modules look HUGE compared to that SH-101:

They also sound HUGE compared to that SH-101 as well! hihi
theinnerpalm
The power cable is awesome. I was thinking about doing something like that if I end up buffering some multiples in my utility box. I will definitely be hitting you up if I end up doing that!
boothnavy
This one is built and ready to ship, your choice of power connector, $125.

goiks
giorgio wrote:
I can grab a pic of the 5U case i had made for 1 MOTM module and post it here, once i unpack it. moving is a bitch

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2