MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugs in circulation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bugs in circulation
dustytretch15
Right, very stupid question here, how many bug systems as an estimate are in circulation. seriously, i just don't get it
I was just curious, I know this will probably be quite an unanswerable question but does anyone have rough estimate.
Im guessing it would be under 100, maybe even under 30?
otoskope
Not a stupid question at all. Tom himself answered it a few months ago, in this thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38515
He said there are about 100 rack frames out there, and that he has made around 1000 modules, estimating the number of systems to around 30. It might have grown a little since then, though.
/Palle
otoskope
And welcome to the forum! w00t I just saw this was your first post.
/Palle
dustytretch15
Thanks for the very informative reply, and welcoming me to the forums.
I got into synths when I was 12, at 13 I got a doepfer system and now I am 15 and have a euro with a wiard anti osc and some modules by asys such as the seq, quant, seq switch and reverb/chorus.
radams
hey dustystretch - good to see you here - looking forward to hearing some of your creations !
dude
wait, so i think you beat jake out for youngest wiggler? right?

awesome! good to have you here!

welcome welcome welcome!
dustytretch15
How old is Jake?
If I did beat someone, FUCK YEAH
otoskope
dustytretch15, sounds like a good start! You've come to the right place. Lots of helpful people here. I wish I had a Doepfer when I was 13... Except they weren't around then. I borrowed a Roland Juno106 at that age, hooked it up to an oscilloscope, and tried to understand each and every parameter. Then I got a sampler at 14, and now I'm 40 and have a room full of machines, and work with electronic music full time. Don't tell your parents about these unavoidable consequences of your interest! One trick: get small and very expensive machines. Then they won't fill up all your space. The cost is the same, though... hmmm.....

Looking forward to hear your music! Good luck with everything.

/palle
dustytretch15
Analogue system's website has been an amazing resource into helping me understand the modular.
And so has Bob from analogue systems, he has been great to talk to.
I did study how the modular works for months before I got the doepfer!
BugBrand
I reckon now, about 40-going-on-50 systems.
I should keep better notes...
(I could probably find out a definitive number, but would much rather spend the time doing more productive things!)
Ekofisk
BugBrand wrote:

(I could probably find out a definitive number, but would much rather spend the time doing more productive things!)

This is wise. It's peanut butter jelly time!
bkbirge
BugBrand wrote:
I reckon now, about 40-going-on-50 systems.
I should keep better notes...

Screw the notes, just release more full systems.
KNYST
dustytretch15 wrote:
Thanks for the very informative reply, and welcoming me to the forums.
I got into synths when I was 12, at 13 I got a doepfer system and now I am 15 and have a euro with a wiard anti osc and some modules by asys such as the seq, quant, seq switch and reverb/chorus.

Cool. I wouldn't have thought about getting into modulars at your age - I didn't even know what it was!
Good luck with your patching and enjoy the forum thumbs up
Oldstench
bkbirge wrote:
Screw the notes, just release more full systems.

+++1000
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1