MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blue Fun - not just for Serge users :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Blue Fun - not just for Serge users :)
Muff Wiggler
The bottom 3/7ths of my almost completed BugModular setup.

OMG

polyroy
Lovely stuff! Did you swap the jacks around yourself or is it a custom colourscheme from the Buglord?
Muff Wiggler
neither, that's standard BugColors.

Blue is CV in and Red is CV out

the upper three of my seven racks is mostly Yellow/Green (Audio in/out), and the middle of the seven racks is a bit of Blue/Red and a bit of Yellow/Green (it's got the envelope generators and the output mixers)
jcn7
Wow! ...and I thought my 3 rack BB modular was big d'oh! Very nice Muff! I'm loving my 3 rack system big time...and now it's going to have a PT delay friend to play with soon (even though I have 2 PRC1 delays in the system already)...and I'm really lovin my BB E350 Morphing Terrarium I just picked up. Great stuff! applause
tragedybysyntax
O M G........................ lol. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
Oldstench
That is something else. I really wish Señor Bugs would make some new systems so the hoi polloi can get in on it.
polyroy
Muff Wiggler wrote:
neither, that's standard BugColors.

Blue is CV in and Red is CV out

the upper three of my seven racks is mostly Yellow/Green (Audio in/out), and the middle of the seven racks is a bit of Blue/Red and a bit of Yellow/Green (it's got the envelope generators and the output mixers)

Ah OK, I always remember seeing Bug systems with yellow and green as well as the red and blue etc, hence my question! 7 racks of Bug is hardcore though, bet it sounds amazing. Do you get it to talk with the Wiard often?
darenager
That Portal panel is friggin' ace SlayerBadger!
KNYST
Looks spectacular Mike! SlayerBadger!

I'll hold my breath until we get to see the full bug rig w00t
Muff Wiggler
polyroy wrote:
bet it sounds amazing.

it really is something special indeed. I've had so much cool synth gear and ultimately have sold off EVERYTHING to fund the completion of my BugBrand and my Wiard. I honestly can't pick a favorite between those two blue systems, I love them both equally...although they are both utterly different. Sounds amazing yes, but the thing that I like most is how FUN it is to patch with. Really fast and immediate and 'stream of consciousness' patching when you use it, so slick

polyroy wrote:
Do you get it to talk with the Wiard often?

You'd think I would, and in fact I thought I would, but I don't. I find there's a real "BugVibe" when using it and bringing in stuff from outside the system slows that down, I really find it (and the Wiard) more rewarding to use as stand-alone systems, working within the limitations of function and module selection in each, instead of being distracted trying to circumvent them by connecting external gear.
Muff Wiggler
darenager wrote:
That Portal panel is friggin' ace SlayerBadger!

I agree!! I asked Qu.one at ProModular to make it for me and he pulled it off way better than I had expected or imagined. It's the icing on the cake for me.
Muff Wiggler
KNYST wrote:
I'll hold my breath until we get to see the full bug rig w00t

....patience....

i've been waiting a couple years now to finish this off! I've shown the bottom three racks because they're done now, but my 'vision' is (very close but) not quite yet comlete for the upper racks....
qu.one
BugBrand! lust has grown immensely.
miditerranean
Looking good Mike, I'm happy for you! So much fun to be had with all those Red & Blues. It's peanut butter jelly time! Tom is the man! BugBrand!
Muff Wiggler
Upper section sneak peek

polyroy
Do a cover of Bobby Vinton's 'Blue Velvet' or 'Blue on Blue' (even though Royksopp sampled it for that one tune) Muff, it is your destiny!
tragedybysyntax
Mike............ twisted nanners twisted nanners
I know E X A C T L Y what you mean as far as immediacy and the insane range of sounds you can EASILY acquire. I also feel ya as far as selling everything and going for a giant cockroach! I honestly told myself this past year was a great gear year and this next one... really try to not buy much of anything. Then I had to go and somehow snag 5 bug modules and start a 2 frame... son of a bitch...... I'm infected with agent blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
solitaryzen
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Upper section sneak peek

Fantastic! Hoping to get some more bug stuff myself to go with all those frac modules I got from you smile
emergencyofstate
Daaang.

It's a beautiful thing ..a bug system is.

Funny, I just paired a Serge "Blue Control" with my Bug Rig. So for me it's

Blue Control - Not just for Serge Users

lol
Fnord
I've been staring at that rig for like 5 minutes now, and I'm truly at a loss for words. It's fucking hawt.
dan_p
Yo Mike, you got a set of LP (Gen II?) Bongos, Nice, and way better sounding than a Buchla.
I see you opted for the comfort curve rim. I have the same bongos but with standard rims, I always thought comfort rims were for lady's hands.......... hihi
emergencyofstate
Here's my disjointed, limbo-state, bug in progress. I need some new racks.

I have to say BugBrand and Serge get along amazingly

BugBrand
Pretty damn fine with just Blue&Reds on the lower panels.

YumYumYummy
Muff Wiggler
dan_p wrote:
Yo Mike, you got a set of LP (Gen II?) Bongos, Nice, and way better sounding than a Buchla.
I see you opted for the comfort curve rim. I have the same bongos but with standard rims, I always thought comfort rims were for lady's hands.......... hihi

wow, good eyes on you (and you know your Bongos!)

Yeah I love the comfort curve rim - not 'cuz I'm a baby about hurting my hands, but because it allows you to slap the edge of the shell directly and you get a nice sound that way that you can't quite get with standard rims as that (painful!) edge is in the way of slapping the rim right on the corner smile

(ok I'm just justifying not wanting to hurt my hands to be honest)
Muff Wiggler
BugBrand wrote:
Pretty damn fine with just Blue&Reds on the lower panels.

YumYumYummy

wait 'till you see the top panels!! nanners

i'm so stoked on the layout i've come up with. It's slowly evolved over a couple of years of using the modules and adjusting the location of things in search of the best (for me) workflow where everything's arranged just where I want it to be. Layout and module selection have warped and warped as I try to figure out how to make the best system in the amount of space i'm using (which went through a major shift when I gave up on the three-rack system and convinced myself to expand).

You go through it all in your mind but I find the real story comes out when you sit down to patch and realize things could be arranged differently, or this module isn't needed, or another one of those is....

Anyway I've finally sorted the whole puzzle out and am just a few modules away from being there - and also gotta get the end cheeks sorted soon enough too!

But the layout that's come out of all this is not only super powerful and efficient, but also looks REALLY good. Just wait wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2