MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Make your own SpeakJet Synth with Blacet modules!
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Make your own SpeakJet Synth with Blacet modules!
Kent
Large Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Make your own SpeakJet Synth with Blacet modules! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O.K. I'm kinda just kidding around here; but this MP3 is an almost 100% Blacet show and it sounds like a ghetto FLAME Talking Synth.

I used an LFO from my Vostok (driven by the Blacet Binary Zone) and one of the Vostok oscillators to drive the Blacet Mini-Wave's input. If you are unfamiliar with the operation of the Mini-Wave (MW) it is simply that the MW will follow whatever wave is inserted in its input and then generate the appropriately pitched wave from its various wavetables. So, it needs to see some kind of wave to 'replicate', preferably a sawtooth; although weird things can happen with other wave shapes.

The rest of the main players are:

Binary Zone (driving the whole show)
Mini-Wave (most of what you hear)
Filthy Filtre (being filthy and having its frequency modulated by the Vostok LFO which is being molested by the Binary Zone's inverted output)
Stonz making things sound more 'vocal' and being driven by the same CV as the Filthy Filtre
Multi/Atten attenuating the CV to the Filthy
Bar Graph acting as a splitter for the FF & Stonz CV feed. And making the pretty lights dance.

I played around with the different level-accommodation switches on the BZ & the MW and then the "Pos" vs "Neg" switch on the Stonz at first. It's amazing how differently the MW behaves when you do this. Great stuff. Then there is subtle manipulation of various parameters.

The 2nd MP3 (No Modulation.mp3 The Forum posts them in reversed order.) is what the synth sounds like when there is no modulation present. I then reconnect the CVs to the MW & then to the FF & Stonz. SlayerBadger!

Last edited by Kent on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cool. i've gotten some crazy voice like stuff using both of my VCS' to modulate a ton of stuff.

the bigger the patch and the weirder the modulation the more it wants to talk to you. usually i'm guessing it's trying to say help

sandyb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool Kent!
Kent
Large Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hihi The whole point of the exercise was to test some new modules that I bought recently. I just nabbed a Quad VCA (dope!) and the Stonz. Plus I got the Doepfer A-188-2 and A-188-1D delays, a Plan B Model 23 ASR & Model 28 Tap Clock, Tip Top Audio Z5000, ASys RS500E EMS Synthi Filter, Harvestman Tyme Sefari, Zorlon Cannon & Polivoks.

Kind of a mixed review on some of these modules...
parasitk
I Play Loco Gigs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kent wrote:

Dare I ask?

dkcg wrote:
But in the end, it felt like I was playing WiiSoundMasterJedi.
sandyb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parasitk wrote:
Kent wrote:

Dare I ask?

spill the beans....
Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sandyb wrote:
parasitk wrote:
Kent wrote:

Dare I ask?

spill the beans....

take the cat outta the bag, reveal the tricks up your sleeve, etc. and so forth..

Kent
Large Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I try to be a fair guy; at least when I remember to not be an a-hole. Thus, I'll await manufacturers' (yup, plural...) responses before getting detailed w00t

Let's just say that it comes to down to build quality, quality control, and what I'll call "being suckered [my own damn fault] by product hype". That last one has a lot to do with living in France and not having anywhere to try stuff out in advance. One just has to take a risk and sell on what doesn't strike one's fancy.
futuresoundsystems
<3 CMOS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice patching Kent!!
Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good stuff! I've been able to get some very fun
vocal qualty type of tones using the Malgorithm or A-189-1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: