MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
[BUILD] - CGS Euro Modules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author [BUILD] - CGS Euro Modules
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope I can get mine that shallow too... how deep is it exactly?
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dunno... and it's all patched up right now so I'm not pulling it out to check. hihi
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fair enough hihi
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll measure it tomorrow when I pull it down to add the LEDs. thumbs up
ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So... the Saw to Sine output on the VCOs. I didn't get much out of connecting the pot between SP+ and SPW - except when there was a CV in on SCV. Connecting between SP+ and SCV gives a nice variation in timbre even with a 20k pot. I haven't adjusted the Sine trim yet but it sounds good to me already, just a fair bit quieter than the other outputs.

Cheers
Blair

EDIT: Have to amend this, because it turned out to be due to the fact I hadn't trimmed the Sine output correctly. Once I did it properly by observing the waveform on my 'scope, the normal setup between SP+ and SPW worked as it should have.

Last edited by ringstone on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Monobass wrote:
I hope I can get mine that shallow too... how deep is it exactly?

It is 67mm deep, exactly. (And it looks a hell of a lot better with LEDs. SlayerBadger! )

[s]http://soundcloud.com/negativspace/minisynth-first-patch[/s]

Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great, if it had been sub 80mm I'd have been happy enough, have to build mine as well as yours now

edit: nice groove by the way thumbs up

negativspace
Manhattan Analog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. cool

I used 0.75" standoffs, then some awesome plastic I-beam stock from the architecture modelling section at the college bookstore. (My parents teach in the architecture department here, so I grew up with that kinda stuff around. Comfort zone...) The shorter plastic standoffs are 7/16" and the longer ones on the VCO stack are 0.5" to allow space for those honkin'-big tempcos. 1/16" washers are used to space other stuff where necessary.

It'd fit my skiff if it weren't angled...

lessavyfav
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bkbirge wrote:
...and here's a couple mouser projects that make ordering a LOT easier. They take the BOM from above so if you want different parts you'll need to go in and edit and hit the button to 'save as my own project'. And of course these are just the parts from the BOM that Mouser has, you'll still need to source some stuff from other places (bridechamber, ebay).

Funky Drummer, mouser costs $121.42USD+shipping
https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=5e66 c16398

West Coast Mini Synth, mouser costs $215.07USD+shipping, includes both vco's and vca's
https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=16d4 3ff73a

So I'm finally (wow) seeing some time to get cracking on my MSU and my Funky Drummer. My DIY experience is with kits that include parts. I used
to do a lot of DIY. I love assembly and testing but fear & hate buying the parts. Thanks so much for this Mouser order
but I have one question- on the Funky Drummer project there is one missing part, this Counter Shift Registers Dual Shift Register thing. It asks if I want to pick a similar replacement. I click on the button and as the page loads drool begins to pour out of my mouth and my vision blurs. Anyone know of a replacement for this bit?

Thanks for the patience.
ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lessavyfav wrote:
So I'm finally (wow) seeing some time to get cracking on my MSU and my Funky Drummer. My DIY experience is with kits that include parts. I used
to do a lot of DIY. I love assembly and testing but fear & hate buying the parts. Thanks so much for this Mouser order
but I have one question- on the Funky Drummer project there is one missing part, this Counter Shift Registers Dual Shift Register thing. It asks if I want to pick a similar replacement. I click on the button and as the page loads drool begins to pour out of my mouth and my vision blurs. Anyone know of a replacement for this bit?

Yes, you have to be a little careful with with CMOS, sometimes low-voltage parts are advised as replacements... Mouser does seem to have a suitable part for CD4015, part no. 595-CD4015BE.

Cheers
Blair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Page 29 of 48

Jump to: