MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NIN.COM ALL GO LOOK NOW!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author NIN.COM ALL GO LOOK NOW!!!
tragedybysyntax
HEY GUYS, GO LOOK AT THE WWW.NIN.COM SITE!!!

LOOK!!! THE FUCKER FINALLY GOT INTO FRAC!!!

Noise Ring, Filthy filter i guess, and a motm module. Oh.. and bananalogue wave multiploer. neaaaaaaaaato. OOOh, ebbe and flute!!
Kwote
Muff Wiggler
filthy filter, bananalogue VCS, Wiard Noise Ring, MOTM GX Filter, Cwejman S1, Ebbe Und Flut, Vostok, Virus Ti

fortunately, he's sending me back my frac modules once he's finished with them wink
Kwote
ps: i thought you couldn't get MOTM in 3u?
Muff Wiggler
yeah there's a bunch of frac-rack MOTM modules, I've got them all...

Ladder Filter
GX Filter
Dual VCA
Looping ADSR

and the VCO is apparently shipping soon for Frac as well 8)
tragedybysyntax
I'm thinking about buying an ebbe and flut this coming year..... badass piece of gear it seems. Wish I could find some clips
Muff Wiggler
Mr. Schipmann is a member here at the forum - shoot him a PM, I'm sure he can help out with samples 8)
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
yeah there's a bunch of frac-rack MOTM modules, I've got them all...

Ladder Filter
GX Filter
Dual VCA
Looping ADSR

and the VCO is apparently shipping soon for Frac as well 8)

are they on analoguehaven.com? i keep hearing people talking shit about MOTM's delivery times. aka over a year, etc.
Muff Wiggler
they sure are! AH is the only way to get MOTM frac modules, luckily! And they keep them in stock.

There's no way in hell I would put up with the stupid waiting/guessing/bumping game that's required to get 5U MOTM modules. I can't believe anyone tolerates it, because in this case tolerance equals endorsement of the system.

But yeah, you can get the 3U modules at the same speed that AH gets other stuff to you

http://www.analoguehaven.com/motm/
Kwote
cool! that EG is well priced and looks cool. how does it compare to the blacet EG? are these modules 1/8" jacks?
Muff Wiggler
yep 1/8" jacks

don't read too much into the 'looping' feature, it's just looping A/D, and you can get the same thing out of the Blacet EG module

however it is very nicely priced. You lose CV control of the ADSR parameters. VC'd Decay in particular is something I use a lot.

But it's very nicely priced.

Only real downside - it peaks at 5v, not 10v like a Blacet EG does. It won't fully open a Blacet VCA unless you run it through a pre-amp type module first.

However for driving the MOTM Dual VCA, it's perfect.

You can also drive the MOTM Dual VCA from a 10v-peak Blacet EG, because the MOTM Dual VCA has an input CV attenuator control that can scale the voltage down to 5v for you.
Kwote
hmmm. sounds like i'd rather have the Blacet. i dunno. haha. i just haven't gotten to the point of buying other manufacturer's yet. i think metalbox will probably be the first.

there were a lot of great ebay auctions for blacet that recently passed. buying used has become a great way to acquire stuff i'm finding.

my blacet VCO was used off analoguehaven. it's funny cuz i couldn't find a used one at the time i bought it and literally the next day they had one up. so i got em to swap the new for the used and refund the difference. it might as well be new. i honestly wouldn't be able to tell. smooth performance like a baby's backside(no pedo).

i think that midi-cv MOTM that's gonna come out in frac will have to be copped though. the polyphonic capabilities entice me. not that i would build a MUFF monster but i could definately stand 4x VCO's, VCA's, Filter's and 8 EG's.
thermionicjunky
One little discussed feature of the MOTM Dual VCA is the fact that it uses discrete transistors rather than ICs. If I ever expand to this format, I would love to hear the difference.
tiny333
*sob* cry
felix
I really like the Vostok. I don't think I'd plop down $3k for it, but it's pretty cool.
J.w.M.
The only reference I've seen to the Vostok is on Analogue Haven...

Am I wrong in thinking that it's maybe meant to be used in some of the same situations as the Synthi?
tragedybysyntax
yeah... 3K... dunno. It's a nice looking russianesque suitcase modular (semimodular maybe like the ms20?)

Definatly sexxy. smile
GeneralBigBag
tragedybysyntax wrote:
I'm thinking about buying an ebbe and flut this coming year..... badass piece of gear it seems. Wish I could find some clips

I've got one, and yes it is badass. What do you want to hear (bearing in mind that I don't have a modular system so don't use the CV stuff to its full potential)?
Muff Wiggler
J.w.M. wrote:
The only reference I've seen to the Vostok is on Analogue Haven...

Am I wrong in thinking that it's maybe meant to be used in some of the same situations as the Synthi?

seems to me the vostok is geared towards more standard subtractive synth voicings, whereas EMS instruments tend towards FX and sound creation and processing

but they share a pin matrix, which is a good idea. i keep waiting for someone to create a modular pin-matrix. just surround the thing with 1/8" jacks for i/o in and out of the matrix. i'd buy one.
J.w.M.
Muff Wiggler wrote:

but they share a pin matrix, which is a good idea. i keep waiting for someone to create a modular pin-matrix. just surround the thing with 1/8" jacks for i/o in and out of the matrix. i'd buy one.

Gulp. That sounds amazing. Hmmm... I wonder how DIY-able that would be.
Maybe (once my system gets big enough to actually make standard patching a pain) I'll start doing some DIY scheming in that direction.
Muff Wiggler
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i keep waiting for someone to create a modular pin-matrix. just surround the thing with 1/8" jacks for i/o in and out of the matrix. i'd buy one.

yeah, built into a dope-ass stained walnut tabletop enclosure.
J.w.M.
Ya know-- I'll bet someone with some nice woodworking skill and some serious spare time could sell something like that.
tragedybysyntax
Edit... the Bananalogue module in Trents rig is a WVX not the VCS.
synthetic
Quote:
are they on analoguehaven.com? i keep hearing people talking shit about MOTM's delivery times. aka over a year, etc.

The MOTM ship times are exaggerated. I won't say that they're a myth, because I know that some people have placed big orders for assembled (hand-built by Paul) modules and had to wait a long time for them. There were also people who ordered kits right before they were discontinued and on sale, and he sold something like 30x more than expected and is still catching up with that backlog. But he's been working overtime on catching up, which is why we haven't seen any new modules this year.

I've always ordered kits and gotten them quickly (in weeks). I just ordered some parts for new modules. Even though I had missed the shipping deadline for 2007 (he takes a few weeks off for the holidays), I got an email that he'll do his best to ship anything he can this week. I think the ship time reputation comes from a vocal minority of purchasers. People rarely post "I got the stuff I ordered as expected," but almost always post, "where the heck is my stuff?"
zerosum
Quote:
People rarely post "I got the stuff I ordered as expected," but almost always post, "where the heck is my stuff?"

Very good point.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2