MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Watch out! I just nuked 1-post user "gear101" after receiving five different complaints over the course of about 20mins that he's sending PMs to people offering to sell gear. Seems pretty fishy! I'm sure he'll be back under a different name but with the same old game. Be careful! Thanks to everyone who let me know about this guy.

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
advanced dubstep wobble modulation possible on analog?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author advanced dubstep wobble modulation possible on analog?
bouzoukijoe1
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: advanced dubstep wobble modulation possible on analog? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone know how to do this kind of complex modulation at around 0:21? it sounds like a combination of an LFO and maybe FM and realtime use of a mod wheel? really cool sound.

bouzoukijoe1
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

forget it - just found a good example using Make Noise Pressure Points

Smooth Operator
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you donīt need it live within one patch, iīd say sample different sounds with different modulation speed and rearrange. Gives more variety and a good flow for sth that works

bouzoukijoe1
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good excuse to get an MPC I guess hmmm.....
thanks!
withakay
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could use silent way, either by automating the silent way LFO speed or using the automation in your DAW to control
iVardensphere
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bouzoukijoe1 wrote:
forget it - just found a good example using Make Noise Pressure Points

On this video I'm using one pressure points for pitch and the other controlling a vcLFO.

The final result is the bassline in this remix I did.

http://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/track/detail/3020594/hirosh ima+burn+ivardensphere+mix
bouzoukijoe1
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice.

I was playing with some more patches and I came to the conclusion that to get that kind of variety in LFO rates from note to note, I need a LFO with a very wide range of modulation. most LFOs I think are set to narrow ranges so it won't let you jump from low frequency to near-audio rates in rapid succession. though I guess you could prepare multiple LFOs at different ranges and trigger different ones, but you still couldn't sweep that far in a single envelope trigger (unless maybe you layer LFOs - hmm).

I figure since most of this kind of stuff is done in software (Massive?), it's no problem setting many different modulation rates/ranges on the fly. much harder to do with analog gear.
iVardensphere
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly! In the video I'm using an oscillator (Cwejman VCO-2RM) as the LFO and a different oscillator (Macbeth Dual) for the audio. Using the Cwejman really opened up the range.
zap32
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello,

I am French so I hope you understand me, if this is not the case, it is the fault has google translation!

I created the same sort of subject on a French site which most users also squat on muffwigler and it is clear that one can make nasty wobble with modules but it takes quite a bit.

2 people on this link you tried to do a dubstep track with their modular:
http://www.synthe-modulaire.com/t437-tuto-exemple-de-wobble-bass-dubst ep#7457
50quidsoundboy
beneath the carpet tiles, the beach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dubstep was always a software based music - a product of either FruityLoops or NI Massive, depending on who you ask - not sure what the point is of trying to imitate this sound with hardware. seriously, i just don't get it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: