MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Wiard NR Clock In Mod? (Details inside)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Frac Wiard NR Clock In Mod? (Details inside)
rezzn8r
Has it only been done once in Frac-land?
I would love to have clock in on my Noise Ring
Anyone have additional details?
haricots
Rezz, check with Todd Fletcher.
solitaryzen
I'm very keen to have this mod as well. Anyone in Australia that could assist? Is Todd Fletcher the one from MFOS?
Mood Organ
help
solitaryzen
Mood Organ wrote:
help

Anybody? sad banana
Babaluma
someone once sent me a photo of their wiard 1200 NR that was modded for clock in by grant himself, i think, but you couldn't work out anything from the photo, it was a mess.
sandyb
Babaluma wrote:
someone once sent me a photo of their wiard 1200 NR that was modded for clock in by grant himself, i think, but you couldn't work out anything from the photo, it was a mess.

that was me!

i have a modded frac noisering that originally belonged to mono-poly. i don't know who did the modification but i'm sure mono-poly or Grant could shed some light on the details.
Babaluma
ah yes, thanks sandy! someone should pm monopoly or grant.
slow_riot
mono-poly told me Grant did the modification himself after m-p suggested/requested it. Apparantly he kept hold of the module for a little while for himself before it was sent back!

The pin outs are listed on the NR datasheet, they might shed some light?

Nothing in the Wiard Yahoo group?
rezzn8r
sandyb wrote:
Babaluma wrote:

that was me!

i have a modded frac noisering that originally belonged to mono-poly. i don't know who did the modification but i'm sure mono-poly or Grant could shed some light on the details.

Mr. Green I'm green with envy. I'm guessing it could be the only one.

I emailed Wiard, but was informed it was not possible. Maybe I'll try Todd, or perhaps Mike @ Metalbox
Cat-A-Tonic
If one had schematics of the Frac and Euro versions,
it should be possible to figure out.

If you could examine a Euro Noise Ring PCB it might help.
Mood Organ
Grant's not into doing this mod. I asked him about it a couple of months ago.
jenamu6
I would like to do this mod to my frac ring.......any clue?...anyone?
jenamu6
Anybody ......please.
Schematics, maybe I can figure it out myself.
rezzn8r
I got a reply from Carrie @ Wiard saying that they wouldn't do it. She suggested I get a euro one from Josh.
Might be easier to convert a euro one to 15V frac? seriously, i just don't get it
Although if going the conversion route, then could also add the Cybernetics Expander hyper
Mood Organ
Yeah, Wiard is totally not into doing this mod. I really don't want to get Euro just so I can get f#&*ing clock in on my NR.

.... wait, there's something called a Cybernetics Expander?!? WTF?
rezzn8r
Mood Organ wrote:

.... wait, there's something called a Cybernetics Expander?!? WTF?

hyper hyper hyper
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52569&start=all
hyper hyper hyper

there's talk of frac compatibility towards the end of the thread, too!
solitaryzen
Yeah, the lack of a clock in on the noise ring is really frustrating - it's the main reason it doesn't get used in a lot of my rhythmic patches...
jenamu6
I'm not gonna buy a fucking expander, just to have clock in.
Or buy an euro one?
Why for gods sake, I have a frac one.

Would be a nice gesture to existing clients to give some guidance.

It can't be that hard can it.

My theory:
The clock out jack is connect to clock in on the circuit board?
So if you follow that wire, you know where the clock goes in?
cut that trace......make switch for external clock or external via a diode?

Or am I just talking out of my ass now?
jenamu6
I've been looking at the pcb for half an hour.

I've found a 7555....probably the clock
I also followed the wire from the clock output. It's going straight to the clock input of the CD4015B Dual 4-stage Static Shift Register.

My guess is that when you cut the trace going to the clock-in of the CD4015B, put a switch(for banana) or a switching jack there.....you can override the clock.
Sounds plausible, doesn't it???
Mood Organ
hyper

Good luck, man. The fate of the empire rests in yr hands.

btw I don't think the expander adds clock-in, since it was designed for Euro & the Euro models already have clock-in. So the mod is still crucial for Frac.
jenamu6
Mood Organ wrote:
hyper
btw I don't think the expander adds clock-in, since it was designed for Euro & the Euro models already have clock-in. So the mod is still crucial for Frac.

Too bad, cause the Frac edition has an expander port too......but I doubt very much there ever will be a frac expander.

Anybody has some ideas about my theory, of cutting the trace of the clock in of the shift register? (please Grant......shed some light in this darkness.)
rezzn8r
jenamu6 wrote:
the Frac edition has an expander port too.....

cool. I keep meaning to pull mine out of the rack to see if it was there.
BugBrand
The most important thing - don't feed any negative voltages into the 4015 input. A 0 to +10V clock signal should work - you need something that goes over V+/2 (ie. +7.5V)
jenamu6
I tried injecting a clock into the clock in off the 4015....it kind of works.

I did cut the trace and then connected a clock wire to the clock in.
The external clock does work.....but is still influenced by the internal clock

At least the leds are influenced......have tried the cv out yet(didn't have time this morning)

It might be that it does work, but for visual feedback, a trace before the led driver needs to be cut.

Damn......please schematics please.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4