MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SVCO details
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author SVCO details
terjewinther
Still building the Slim VCO. Very cool so far.
I think the D8 diode is missing from the B version part list in the builders instructions. It is on the extra board, and seems to be essential from the schematics, so I put it in. Can always cut it off if it is not supposed to be there.
Also, I didn´t have any 1uF ceramic cap, nor a polystyrene, but I found a 1uF silvered mica cap that I put in. I hope that will work fine, but if somebody informs me that is not a good idea, I will need to buy something else.
Synthbuilder
terjewinther wrote:
I think the D8 diode is missing from the B version part list in the builders instructions.

Yes, you are right. D8 should be there and it should be a 1N4148. It's there to discharge the counter's reset capacitor on power down.

I have just updated the Builder's Guide to correct this. Thanks for letting me know.

terjewinther wrote:
I didn´t have any 1uF ceramic cap, nor a polystyrene, but I found a 1uF silvered mica cap that I put in.

Silver Mica will be just fine. They're normally pretty big and expensive so I don't tend to use them unless the board has plenty of room. I take it you mean 1nF and not 1uF though.

Tony
terjewinther
Synthbuilder wrote:

Silver Mica will be just fine. They're normally pretty big and expensive so I don't tend to use them unless the board has plenty of room. I take it you mean 1nF and not 1uF though.

Good! Will use it then. And yes, I meant 1nF.
It is quite big, but it is very flat and not round, so with some easy leg bending it fits just right. There is plenty of space on the sides for it. I could maybe take a photo.

Terje
terjewinther
I promised a photo of the 1nF silvered mica in the Slim-VCO. These caps are fairly large, but slim so they fit in the designated space. There seem to be no problem using this part.

[/img]
oldenjon
I have a question about an unused pad by Q3 on the main board.
It doesn't appear to have any corresponding component, but is bigger than the vias. What is it for? Should i fill it in or leave it alone?
Synthbuilder
oldenjon wrote:
Should i fill it in or leave it alone?

Ignore it.

It's actually for allowing other types of FETs to be used should the 2SK30A-Y become really difficult to get.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1