MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Duofonik dual SSM2044 board and euro adapter.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]

Would you want a dual SSM2044 board?
yes, I have some SSM2044s sitting waiting for something!
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
ye,s but only if I could get tested non fake SSM2044s for it.
53%
 53%  [ 33 ]
Yes, and Ill find the SSM2044s myself.
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
No, thank you.
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 62

Author Duofonik dual SSM2044 board and euro adapter.
Neutron7
The euroadapter order was placed. I used a different board place so i dont know what their shipping is like but thay say 8 days to make them (starting yesterday) when i get them ill do a build test, and if they are good ill put them on the site.
grizzle
Here is the Euro front panel file I used. The switch holes and the pot holes should be increased slightly as they are too tight of a fit. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the time.

Cheers,
Alex
grizzle
Neutron7 wrote:
(Do you have a very small cat?)

I did those with a stamp made for doing designs on nails... I couldn't resist...
Neutron7
Is that a v-carve pro file? I happen to have that but its not installed since i reinstalled my OS.
grizzle
Neutron7 wrote:
Is that a v-carve pro file? I happen to have that but its not installed since i reinstalled my OS.

It sure is... Should I upload another format?
Neutron7
No, that is fine for me, i have a license, i just need to find it wink

Ill post it on the duofonik page, thanks!
Neutron7
The euroadapters arrived. Already i noticed they only silk screened one side. Its not a huge deal though, just the pots and jacks go there, ill post a pic with the silk screen as a reference.

I will try and build a test one this week and put them up on the duofonik page if it checks out.

edit: i built one and it works properly and everything is lined up.
Neutron7
euroadapter BOM. easy as pie.

components and headers go on silk screen side. pots, jacks and switches go on other side.

Code:

semiconductors:
3x TL072

resistors
12X 100k

capacitors
5x 0.1uf ceramic

potentiometers
10x b100k alpha 9mm vertical style

switch
2x 0.1" spacing spdt on on toggle such as mouser 108-0048-evx

10x "earthenvar" type jacks
kobikonn or thonkiconn will work but you need to wire the ground leads to somewhere else on the board.

female header strips
(you need the same, but male for the duofonik if you want to use it with this)

3x1
2x1
15x1
17x1

thats it!
oberkorn
Quote:
The euroadapters arrived

awesome! do we order by PM'ing you or ??
just say when and how smile
Neutron7
i am just making the buttons now
Neutron7
ok they should work now on http://neutron-sound.com/duofonik.html
Zaibach
Thanks to FingerTappin, who sold me his pcb+SSM2044s, I am now a proud owner of this superb filter! I used the panel template by frozenkore and modified it a bit...

I decided not to use the adapter pcb and had to be a bit creative to mount the pcb behind the panel... but I am proud of the result cool

Do you think it's sturdy enough? hihi
Neutron7
wow that is quite the contraption, but it should be strong enough if you want to wiggle while racing off road vehicles.

your panel design is very nice as well.
sammy123
Just ordered my pcbs, got my chips, now I need to get a panel made. I have been so back and forth on this and am glad to have finally made up my mind to just go for it.
sammy123
Panel ordered. Fingers crossed on the ICs.
Dogma
Zaibach wrote:
Thanks to FingerTappin, who sold me his pcb+SSM2044s, I am now a proud owner of this superb filter! I used the panel template by frozenkore and modified it a bit...

I decided not to use the adapter pcb and had to be a bit creative to mount the pcb behind the panel... but I am proud of the result cool

Do you think it's sturdy enough? hihi

that looks great! I could fit that in my skiff almost
Zaibach
Neutron7 wrote:
wow that is quite the contraption, but it should be strong enough if you want to wiggle while racing off road vehicles.

your panel design is very nice as well.

Thank you!

Dogma wrote:
that looks great! I could fit that in my skiff almost

It's 5,5cm deep - although I didn't really care how deep it turned out. When I built my rack, I didn't economize with space so I don't need to pay attention to this. Nevertheless, I could mount the pcb closer to the panel, making it absolutely skiff-friendly cool
sammy123
FYI if anyone uses the FPD panel file on the Neutron Sound site don't forget to add mounting holes like I did.....grr.

I ended up using my 555 VCO panel as a drilling template.
Neutron7
d'oh! ill try and fix that this weekend.
sammy123
Finally finished this. I really like it so far. I have it mostly calibrated. I am not sure on the offset calibration though. Any tips?

Neutron7
that looks very good!

offset is to get the 2 filters outputting at the same level so they can cancel each other out as best they can.

just use the a input and output

turn on mix

switch the phase to "out"

turn resonance both down

make sure fm2s are centered, they are normalled to the inputs.

turn both frequency up all the way.

it should allready be pretty quiet, adjust offset to get it as quiet as you can.
sammy123
Thanks for the tip.

This filter sounds/feels excellent to me. I was not sure what to expect in a modular context. It was a risk sourcing my chips from eBay, but it payed off in the end. Thanks again for doing this one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Page 5 of 5