MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module Library & Module Maker for Rack Planner
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Module Library & Module Maker for Rack Planner
BananaPlug
Two reasons start this thread: To make the existence of these resources obvious and to have a space for feature requests, announcements, etc. Here's the basics:

Home - Basic info, a link to Doug's download and readme page, a few files for racks in the various formats

Module Maker - Easiest way to make a zip file for the RackPlanner. All you do is upload an image and fill in a small form. You can donate your module to the library. It can also help you discover if the module's already there.

Module Library - Hundreds of modules in five different formats. Picture previews. Download one by one or grab a collection.

EDIT: Updated link for the library.
BananaPlug
We got a nice contribution of nearly 20 Oakley modules. A significant boost for the MOTM section of the library.
kopplog
loaded up one module of "krisp1".
he does eurorack format modules occasionally.
guess it´s one nice ringmod as this schematic is based
on the same the ARP2500/ ARP2600 uses.
BananaPlug
Thanks for that but I already have it in the library as Oakley_E_RM4014.zip
Anybody have opinions as to which is more correct?
a100user
Both definitions are correct.

The design is Tony Allgood's = Oakley
Krisp1 is the builder and supplier
BananaPlug
I realize that. I was wondering if people had a preference for how it's listed in the library.
BananaPlug
Somebody just contributed a bunch of Buchla modules. We're up to 16 now. Thanks.
sonicwarrior
In the Library Browser I can't get the Eurorack view by clicking on 'Euro/Other' when I have switched off Cookies. Are Cookies really needed for this? confused

Edit: Btw.: I'm missing the Dotcom (Moog) Format which also used by Curetronic and some others. Isn't Modcan B = MOTM? confused
BananaPlug
sonicwarrior wrote:
In the Library Browser I can't get the Eurorack view by clicking on 'Euro/Other' when I have switched off Cookies. Are Cookies really needed for this? confused

Edit: Btw.: I'm missing the Dotcom (Moog) Format which also used by Curetronic and some others. Isn't Modcan B = MOTM? confused

The cookie tells the browse.php page which formats to display. This cookie goes away at the end of your session.

The Modcan B category was specifically for Modcan B and the MOTM category was for all other 5U modules. Mostly this is because I added Modcan B before the 5U crowd discovered RackPlanner. People kept putting other 5U modules in Modcan B and seemed not to notice all the MOTM, Oakley, etc. modules already sitting in MOTM. To resolve this...

Singer Now all 5U modules, MOTM, Oakley, Modcan B (not A), etc. are together in "5U" and will have the letter "M" in the zip filename.
sonicwarrior
BananaPlug wrote:
Now all 5U modules, MOTM, Oakley, Modcan B (not A), etc. are together in "5U" and will have the letter "M" in the zip filename.

Doesn't make much sense to mix Dotcom and MOTM but you're the boss! hihi

---------

I have used the Euro modules a bit and found some smaller errors/superfluous files:

The Doepfer A-144 is included twice:
Doepfer_E_A-144 Morph Control
Doepfer_E_A144 Morph Controller

The Doepfer A-145 is included, twice, too:
Doepfer_E_A145 LFO
Doepfer_E_A-145 LFO

The Doepfer A-147 is included twice, too:
Doepfer_E_A-147
Doepfer_E_A_147Low Frequency Oscillator LFO 1 (irritatingly this includes the A-145 which means the A-145 pic is included three times)

There are more duplicates, but now I'm too lazy to completely list the filenames:
Doepfer A-104
Doepfer A-110 (the duplicate is named 'something A-100 Standard VCO')
Doepfer A-138x
Doepfer A-143-2
Doepfer A-190-2

It would be really helpful if the names have a strong convention, e.g. most Doepfer modules have the name scheme Doepfer_E_A-1xx where others miss the last hyphen which results in a total different position in the java file browser and makes them a bit hard to find.

The Doepfer A-132-2 has the wrong module number 'A-132-3' in it's filename.

The Elby CGS 721 has the wrong module number 'CGS735' in it's name (that's the synthacon filter).
BananaPlug
Quote:
Doesn't make much sense to mix Dotcom and MOTM but you're the boss! hihi

Please explain. I don't really know the 5U world very well. I'm lumping them together because I think they all have the same footprint and will fit in the same RackPlanner racks.

Quote:
I have used the Euro modules a bit and found some smaller errors/superfluous files:

The names come from the people submitting the modules. I can change them but it's kind of tedious so I don't catch all of them. Mostly I weed out duplicates. People often create modules we already have in spite of the lists that pop up on either side of the ModuleMaker form.

Since this has been based on user contributions from the very start, there were no conventions in place and now we have different naming styles in different areas. I've done some "normalizing" here and there but...

I intend to make it possible to have moderators for each section and get some of the wigglers to curate the collection in a more intentional way.

Thanks
dougcl
BananaPlug wrote:
I intend to make it possible to have moderators for each section and get some of the wigglers to curate the collection in a more intentional way.

Awesome.
sonicwarrior
BananaPlug wrote:
Please explain.

Ok:

MOTM/Modcan B:

Single width: 1.75"

Dotcom (Synthesizers.com)/Moog/COTK/etc.:

Single width: 2.125"

Height is the same but the mounting holes are not compatible, too.

Drawings:
Dotcom
MOTM

You can also see the difference here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124634#124634
BananaPlug
Okay, I should split it then. Call the new one "Dotcom" and go back to using "MOTM" for the stuff that's multiples of 1.75" wide? Then we'd have:
'Dotcom'=>'D', 'Euro'=>'E', 'Frac'=>'F', 'ModcanA'=>'A', 'MOTM'=>'M', 'Buchla'=>'U'

We've got modules in what's currently "5U" from:
Bridechamber
Catgirl
Fritz
MFOS
MOTM
Modcan
Oakley
sonicwarrior
BananaPlug wrote:

'Dotcom'=>'D', 'Euro'=>'E', 'Frac'=>'F', 'ModcanA'=>'A', 'MOTM'=>'M', 'Buchla'=>'U'

That would be nice (in my eyes). You can mix MOTM and Dotcom when you have a wooden cabinet but people who want to mix these formats can copy & paste the needed modules into the different folders if they want to.
I think most people stay in one format ("judging" from the 5U pic thread).

BananaPlug wrote:

We've got modules in what's currently "5U" from:
Bridechamber
Catgirl
Fritz
MFOS
MOTM
Modcan
Oakley

AFAIK most of these frontpanels are made by Bridechamber except for MOTM and Modcan and they are partly available in both Dotcom and MOTM format, but many only in MOTM. As far as I could see the pictures included in the library are from the MOTM versions as these are the only ones visible on the Bridechamber website.
BananaPlug
Quote:
AFAIK most of these frontpanels are made by Bridechamber except for MOTM and Modcan and they are partly available in both Dotcom and MOTM format, but many only in MOTM. As far as I could see the pictures included in the library are from the MOTM versions as these are the only ones visible on the Bridechamber website.
So, are you saying I should add the "Dotcom" category but there's nothing in the library yet that belongs there?
sonicwarrior
BananaPlug wrote:
So, are you saying I should add the "Dotcom" category but there's nothing in the library yet that belongs there?

Yapp, currently not. But as pictures are available from Moog, Dotcom, Curetronic, COTK, MOS-Lab and the other Dotcom manufacturers I'm pretty sure the library for Dotcom will fill up very quickly.
dougcl
Having a space for Wiard 300 would be nice too.
BananaPlug
Quote:
I had a space for Wiard for many months and there no contributions at all so I got rid of it to make more room for the others.
dougcl
BananaPlug wrote:
Quote:
I had a space for Wiard for many months and there no contributions at all so I got rid of it to make more room for the others.

Aren't you glad you started this thread? razz smile
BananaPlug
Now with SEVEN FORMATS! applause

Thanks to input from sonicwarrior and dougcl we now have a new spot for Dotcom, and others of that Moogy proportion, and I've brought back the Wiard category (use 'em or lose' em).

FYI:
5U · MOTM, Oakley, Modcan B (not A), etc. (widths are multiples of 1.75"). Will have the letter "M" in the filename.
Dotcom · Synthesizers.com, Moog, COTK, etc. (5U tall with widths that are multiples of 2.125"). Will have the letter "D" in the filename.
sonicwarrior
Yum, yum!

Thanks! we're not worthy applause

I've uploaded the currently available Curetronic modules. Then some Dotcom modules and there I've made my first mistakes (Q105 Slew Limitier => Limiter; on the 'Power Control & Interface Module' I forgot the Q137; maybe more as my eyes are now tired). During the Dotcom upload I became lazy and skipped some modules (like the banana interface & the blank panels). Drunken Homer Simpson

Edit: Btw.: Nice, stable programming: Even blanks and & in module names are working without a problem! thumbs up
BananaPlug
Hey thanks for that massive contribution! I noticed it coming in but then I had to go out for a while. As of a few minutes ago the rest of what you entered has been added to the library.

There's now 2.7MB of Dotcom format module zip files.
sonicwarrior
Can someone please rename
Doepfer_E_A-132-3 Quad VCA.zip
to
Doepfer_E_A-132-2 Quad VCA.zip
?

Got an A-132-3 which is definitely the Dual not the Quad VCA. wink
BananaPlug
sonicwarrior wrote:
Can someone please rename
Doepfer_E_A-132-3 Quad VCA.zip
to
Doepfer_E_A-132-2 Quad VCA.zip
?

Got an A-132-3 which is definitely the Dual not the Quad VCA. wink

Fixed it. Thanks. What I found is that the Doepfer_E_A-132-3 Quad VCA.zip file actually contained a module which calls itself "A-132-2 Quad VCA"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3