MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

starting a eurorack with hertz donut & double andore
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author starting a eurorack with hertz donut & double andore
c3400
First post here, looking for some advice.
As my first step into the modular world would this be a horrible idea?
Ive been making my own patches in the G2 and Reaktor for years now, I have my head around basic synthesis and I worship harsh digital sounding stuff. Adding a happy ending kit and an expert sleepers to this would pretty much be my budget for a bit, the basic thing I am missing is a filter which I could get in a bit as it looks like just the two module combo will keep me occupied for a bit ( until then Im assuming I could deal with using my G2 ).
Any opinions on this?
Thanks
bsmith
Welcome, and man, I think that sounds like a fantastic idea for what you're saying you're into. The donut has all kinds of different sound waiting to come out (and can be used as 2 independent oscillators if desired), and the da with 2 really interesting envelope generators and vcas - you could really go nuts with just those 2 modules. Go for it!!
thumbs up
qu.one
Welcome... w00t (I mentioned when we met for the MD that you can definitely test mine out thumbs up )

I think that is a great start (i'm sure you'll hear otherwise) - and maybe just add a multimode filter to taste.
the83
You can't go wrong with that setup.

When you have more , add a filter, mixer, Maths, and a couple controller modules, and you'll be set.
c3400
bsmith
Awesome thanks! I'm fairly certain I'm going for it!
qu.one
Cool yeah I'll hit you up this week. the MD is fantastic BTW and the OT/MD combo is brilliant. I reversed the pro modular ends so that it was more vertically mounted, and thought good god I'm a genius, which quickly followed with a wait a second it's not me who's a genius, It's the design that's genius!!!
Thanks again!!
the83
thanks man! I think that's my plan
swordsect
i have a double andore for sell, PM me if interested
shred
do it. it's a great idea! also be on the look out for the new filter coming out soon Bionic Lester. those three together will be horrific.

welcome! Guinness ftw!
c3400
swordsect
PM'd
shred
Thanks! That Bionic Lester does look sick
rico loverde
I have a DA and HD and they are really fun together. I think you will have a blast with it esp with silentway. Buy swordsects thats a great price on an Andore! The Harvestman The Harvestman The Harvestman The Harvestman The Harvestman
c3400
rico loverde
awesome man, thanks!
My buddy made the sculpture that is your icon, I got to see that one as it was being made, Chris does amazingly detailed work its great stuff
rico loverde
c3400 wrote:
rico loverde
awesome man, thanks!
My buddy made the sculpture that is your icon, I got to see that one as it was being made, Chris does amazingly detailed work its great stuff
Oh wow that is so cool, a buddy of mine who does sculptures of humans with typewriters showed me it and i loved it instantly...would love a link to see more of your friends work!
c3400
rico loverde wrote:
Oh wow that is so cool, a buddy of mine who does sculptures of humans with typewriters showed me it and i loved it instantly...would love a link to see more of your friends work!

http://www.microbotic.org/ is his site
The 'eyes' of that sculpture actually display video. It's sick. There was one point he was trying to do some video feedback in the eyes but just went with the video. His work is insanely detailed it's really great stuff.
Soy Sos
Welcome also.
If you want to keep it all Harvestman, also consider the Polivoks filter.
Low pass, band pass, 2 inputs, attenuverter CV in and gnarley tones!
Otherwise there is a wide world of filter options.
c3400
Soy Sos
The polivoks look cool as helll, was thinking about doing that actually.
bsmith
Fuckin iPad, I had the pedantic pontificating butthead post to end all going and safari took a dive. Oh well - just wanted to say that yeah, tote, you are going to want a filter followed by - well just you wait, buckle in - but since you're just getting going with the modular scene and are starting with a donut and a da it would be kick ass quality time to *not* have a filter around initially, at least for like a day or so. It'd be like fm laboratory time with all that is going on with those two.
c3400
bsmith
Ive been thinking the same thing..

thanks to qu.one's suggestions about this forum and what modules to purchase I just went with it! Im psyched, analog haven has happy endings kits again so im placing that order today. I have a steiny mr816 ( so it does not look like I can output CV ) and I am contemplating an es 2-2 as my main control interfacing, do you guys think thats best? basically to incorporate with the likes of the lemur iOS app, octotrack and cubase, im sure this will change once I start using so to speak.
bsmith
You understand the es-2 is a module that takes cv input from you modular to take to your daw - right? maybe you want this, but i'm kind of guessing not at this point at least. make sure you grok the difference between it and the es-1, es-3, es-4 modules....
c3400
bsmith
thank you for taking the time to point this out, i was thinking it was a bidirectional communication for some reason, until i thoroughly read the es1 description and your post. not 100% certain im going to go with expert sleepers now, might just do a doepfer midi to cv or experiment with the MD outputs for now, going to do some more research now, i hate when pulling the trigger becomes the william tell routine.
bhenry1790
I got the HD as my first module a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier with the choice! I can't speak about the DA, but the HD sounds awesome unfiltered and has a surprising range. Some complain about aliasing in high frequencies, (it does) but I like it!

Right now my only filter is a TipTip 2040 and it has a nice character, but I also recommend routing the HD output into your computer and using software filters you are already familiar with.

Expert Sleepers works with MOTU 828 (cheap on the bay) and just requires a modified 1/4" to 1/8" cable to drive the CV.

Best of luck!
c3400
A buddy of mine has an apparently busted 828 mkII so im going to try to see if it will work for adat conversion and in turn if the ES software will work through that setup.
Actually thinking about making some nord modular g2 patches for mixing and fx and what not till i figure out where i want to go
I wound up ordering a polivoks when I ordered my HEK. I am more than assuming this setup will keep me busy for a bit though smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1