MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next [all]

What do you think?
It's bordering on, or is, unacceptable to me
7%
 7%  [ 101 ]
It's mildly offensive, to be honest
13%
 13%  [ 190 ]
It's immature/stupid, but harmless
15%
 15%  [ 223 ]
I don't care either way
20%
 20%  [ 297 ]
It's pretty funny! But I see the other side as well
15%
 15%  [ 215 ]
I think it rocks!
28%
 28%  [ 404 ]
Total Votes : 1430

Author Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?
lisa
If only the rest of the I think it rocks!-dudes would get a few daughters, we’d all be set. thumbs up
spotta
lisa wrote:
If only the rest of the I think it rocks!-dudes would get a few daughters, we’d all be set. thumbs up

It has been a while but i'd like to think I was more 'It's immature/stupid, but harmless' rather than 'it Rocks'
SynthBaron
spotta wrote:
11 year old thread, shit changes, now I have 4 daughters who are currently 20, 8, 6&6. They are all starting to show an interest in synthesis, it would be nice if I didn’t have to explain the name. I’d change my vote if I could.

You never had "the talk" with them?
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
My daughters are 20 and 23, and they both think that synthesizers are stupid, and everyone associated with synthesizers is stupid, especially their dad. So, I don't give a flying fuck about the name of this forum.
spotta
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
My daughters are 20 and 23, and they both think that synthesizers are stupid, and everyone associated with synthesizers is stupid, especially their dad. So, I don't give a flying fuck about the name of this forum.

In your case I can see they have a valid point.
strettara
My daughter is 22. She thinks the name muffwiggler is silly, indeed she thinks modular synths and this forum are silly, but she thinks this discussion is the silliest of all.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
spotta wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

In your case I can see they have a valid point.

Yes, I am quite stupid to be associating with the likes of you.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
But, on a less facetious point, I think you'd have to be a pretty big ninny to find the name Muff Wiggler truly offensive. Like my wife says, "with all the stuff going on in the world right now, this is what you're concerned about?"
lisa
By that logic none of the crap in the world can ever be addressed. There is always something worse going on.
Flareless
Yeah.... I think the Doc's point (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is;

Life's short - don't sweat the small stuff

or

Choose your battles

I love the name by the way! thumbs up
SynthBaron
I miss the old Internet.
lisa
Flareless wrote:
Choose your battles

Yeah, don’t choose to point out an excluding forum name. Choose to defend it instead, that’s a battle worth fighting. meh
strettara
At 40,000 members, of whom a whole 291 find it offensive - and yet are still here posting about it, so not exactly excluded - it's a bit of a struggle to see how the forum's name is excluding anyone.

I might find your avatar offensive, but hey! just look at mine d'oh!
strettara
strettara wrote:
At 40,000 members, of whom a whole 291 find it offensive - and yet are still here posting about it, so not exactly excluded - it's a bit of a struggle to see how the forum's name is excluding anyone.

I should have said "claim to find it offensive" because I don't believe for a minute that anyone really does.

Sorry for the additional post but, no editing.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Yeah, choose your battles. For example, lastnight, (actually at 5 am) when I was up with hypoglycemia, I used my wide-awake-ness to sit down and write three US senators.

Turn on the news for 5 minutes, and the whole controversy over the name of this forum should seem pretty inconsequential. I'm actually offended that anybody here has any offense space left to be offended by it.
facklr
Fallacy of relative privation.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
facklr wrote:

Where's the fun in being logical?
tesserack
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
facklr wrote:

Where's the fun in being logical?
good question.

Below is just one example of the many social benefits for using the rules of logic. Beneficial especially during internet discussions where many social cues are not present which often results in mis- communication and there for lack of understanding.

Example; If one follows the rules of logic, ad hominem attacks do not occur.
SynthBaron
If one follows the rules of logic, synthesizer sales drop by 98%.
Flareless

Test drove this before picking up my new RAM a couple months ago. If it had the big bed (and if my wife didn't hate the colour) it'd be mine now.

Don't hide in shame - the forum is called MUFF WIGGLER!!!

Say it loud and say it proud and if they don't like it they can suck it!
j450nn014n
SynthBaron wrote:
I miss the old Internet.

Which old internet? Didn't like the one I had access to in the 70s... it really didn't go anywhere useful, so I ran away from it for a decade. I liked the 1987-1993 internet cause there was people doing stuff and chatting and not causing problems. Of course to view a gif you had to download ~30 files and cat them manually, and fix up the problems... which didn't help the pr0n industry much, but the mitten-heads were elsewhere. 1994-2001 internet was nice and easy because mitten heads still had only whatever access their parents' got for them in their basement lairs (i.e. unfinished moldy drywall). Everything after that was a slur (stupid blur).
Joe.
j450nn014n wrote:
I liked the 1987-1993 internet cause there was people doing stuff and chatting and not causing problems.

Did you have access to some type of University PC's and internet? I only got to read BBS during those years, I don't think i saw a proper version of IRC until after. waah

Internet was best 1997-2003.
ignatius
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Yeah, choose your battles. For example, lastnight, (actually at 5 am) when I was up with hypoglycemia, I used my wide-awake-ness to sit down and write three US senators.

Turn on the news for 5 minutes, and the whole controversy over the name of this forum should seem pretty inconsequential. I'm actually offended that anybody here has any offense space left to be offended by it.

true. wasting time is offensive. we only get so much of it.

there's also people in the center who don't understand the edges and vice-a-versa

it's all down to not drinking enough water i think...
j450nn014n
Joe. wrote:
j450nn014n wrote:
I liked the 1987-1993 internet cause there was people doing stuff and chatting and not causing problems.

Did you have access to some type of University PC's and internet? I only got to read BBS during those years, I don't think i saw a proper version of IRC until after. :waah:

Internet was best 1997-2003.

In the 70s,as a high school dropout, I worked with early mainframes, mostly playing Crystal Cave Adventure and running tape machines. It was so stupid, I ignored computers for a decade. In the late 80s, moos, muds, IRC, gofer, archie, veronica (ping and touch, etc.) were all the rage. Ed Krols' whole internet first edition is amazing. I had a copy, but I lost it. I have second edition. That was the case up to 94, when everyone got home access and it became a shit show of people who thought they had a right to do whatever they want, because before that we knew that it could be taken away at an instance.

Off the rant.. but the historicity of the internet is an interesting and compelling path to travel.
drip.feed
Dear admins, (serious request) please create a new poll in Announcements:

"Would you leave this forum if it changed its name?"

Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next [all]
Page 46 of 47