MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 [all]

What do you think?
It's bordering on, or is, unacceptable to me
7%
 7%  [ 101 ]
It's mildly offensive, to be honest
13%
 13%  [ 190 ]
It's immature/stupid, but harmless
15%
 15%  [ 223 ]
I don't care either way
20%
 20%  [ 297 ]
It's pretty funny! But I see the other side as well
15%
 15%  [ 215 ]
I think it rocks!
28%
 28%  [ 404 ]
Total Votes : 1430

Author Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?
Nelson Baboon
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Yeah, choose your battles. For example, lastnight, (actually at 5 am) when I was up with hypoglycemia, I used my wide-awake-ness to sit down and write three US senators.

Turn on the news for 5 minutes, and the whole controversy over the name of this forum should seem pretty inconsequential. I'm actually offended that anybody here has any offense space left to be offended by it.

so, then isn't even posting in this thread an example of what you're whining about?
j450nn014n
Nelson Baboon wrote:
so, then isn't even posting in this thread an example of what you're whining about?

You run rings around him, logically.
Nelson Baboon
j450nn014n wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

You run rings around him, logically.

well, you know, people use that argument to put down discussions that they don't like. 'aren't there more important things', etc, when there are certainly more important things than slamming the discussion itself, or eurorack, etc.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
OK, I'll lay it out for you in plain English:

Our country has adopted an official policy of kidnapping children and locking them up in cages thousands of miles away from their parents. They are doing this with our tax money.

And you are worried about the fact that the name of this stupid forum might have something to do with pussy.

There's your perspective.
Nelson Baboon
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

Our country has adopted an official policy of kidnapping children and locking them up in cages thousands of miles away from their parents. They are doing this with our tax money.

And you are worried about the fact that the name of this stupid forum might have something to do with pussy.

what i'm saying is that stuff like the above is happening in the world, yet you are worried about the fact that people are discussing things that are less important. Which means to me that you simply don't like the discussion.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
I don't mind the discussion. I just think it's a bit stupid, and a more or less complete waste of time.
Hermetech Mastering
It'd be very interesting to see the answers to this poll staggered over time/by year. I'm sure the yays have been encroaching on the nays, which I personally see as a very positive thing.
j450nn014n
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

what i'm saying is that stuff like the above is happening in the world, yet you are worried about the fact that people are discussing things that are less important. Which means to me that you simply don't like the discussion.

Agreed. And I'd add that it is the lack of these kinds of discussions that led to America having a government that is capable of such things. Language that objectifies or degrades another leads to not acknowledging the goals, interests and needs of those 'others' and in the end the potential for them to be marginalized or demonized results in policies that discriminate.

It all starts with the most simple acts of empathy and inclusion, or the lack.

But change happens over time, and considering how humans have acted over the last thousand years, I see a definite improvement.
xenosapien
you guys know about Godwin´s Law, right?

I think it´s time for a similar mechanism to be put in place any time that orange trollpuppet and/or his government of grade-B-crooks is brought into a completely unrelated discussion (well... maybe the sexism part is kind of spot on, actually) ...

Anyhow:
I volunteer "xeno´s law", feel free to use that one razz
strettara
SynthBaron wrote:
If one follows the rules of logic, synthesizer sales drop by 98%.

lol lol lol
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

We're wiggling.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 [all]
Page 47 of 47