MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34, 35, 36  Next [all]

What do you think?
It's bordering on, or is, unacceptable to me
6%
 6%  [ 83 ]
It's mildly offensive, to be honest
11%
 11%  [ 151 ]
It's immature/stupid, but harmless
15%
 15%  [ 201 ]
I don't care either way
20%
 20%  [ 256 ]
It's pretty funny! But I see the other side as well
15%
 15%  [ 196 ]
I think it rocks!
29%
 29%  [ 380 ]
Total Votes : 1267

Author Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?
sduck
Welcome to the forum! Yes, there have been numerous threads fairly recently about that post. https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110719 is the main one. Note that it's been locked. Please respect that.
inner_light
I just want to add, this place is wonderful in all other ways!
dude
i am certainly finding this place offensive of late.
Muff Wiggler
Yep. Me too.
inner_light
It was not my intention to be offensive, I was hoping a healthy dialogue would be in everyone's interest. I wish that other thread showed up in my searches before I posted on this one.
ignatius
inner_light wrote:
It was not my intention to be offensive, I was hoping a healthy dialogue would be in everyone's interest. I wish that other thread showed up in my searches before I posted on this one.


there's other shit going on. it's not you who's being "offensive" thumbs up

welcome to the forum.
PrimateSynthesis
inner_light wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on here, but it sums up the general "boys club" vibe on here to a tea.


It's "to a T", which is short for "tiitle".


Heh-heh, I said "tit" hihi
inner_light
Adapt or perish, Dad
PrimateSynthesis
inner_light
Ok I'm off to talk about synthesizers!
Id be happy to talk to you about them too.
I'm going to extend you the benefit of the doubt and put this obvious baiting down to boredom.
I wish you a good day!
Xo
FredJM
To be honest, I dont give a damn about the name or find it offensive - But I do think its an unfortunate choice.

Why? - Well, because it has nothing to do with the content here - And because it has kept me away from this site, not because It was "offensive" but because I thought (due to the name) that it would be some crappy juvenile forum that would be of no value or interest.

I also think its unfortunate for reasons already given - Work access, misunderstanding from those who dont know the content but just see the name and jump to the wrong conclusions.. I design / develop electronic musical instruments - I often refer clients to websites at which they can examine subjects or assess demand for particular products (and hopefully commission me to design these)..

There are some clients I certainly would never "send" to "muffwiggler" ! woah

Oh, there are some clients I might - Some musical products I have had some part in designing would even be too raunchy to describe here! - But that's a different story, and these products aren't in the "public domain" anyway - they are crafted often to outrageous specifications using precious metals and jewels, sold privately to / commissioned by wealthy musical Celebs (or at least the one with a "synth" built into it was) and the name "muffwiggler" could almost be a trade name for them!


Mr. Green
ignatius
so far.. these first few months working for muff wiggler shop.. it's quite apparent that at least in portland people like the name. mostly women stop and take pics next to the signage on the door. they take selfies w/the name in the background.. then giggle w/their friends and walk away.

i've had numerous conversations w/various other businesses and when giving them contact info they all say "what's the name of the business? can you say that again?" and now and then they laugh and say "i love it"

this isn't of course some scientific poll.. it's just anecdotal stuff from day to day things..

i'd say most people don't even consider the name in any way.. good or bad.. they don't care.. they just walk in and start playing w/the synths and drum machines.

but.. listen to the podcast mike did a while ago. lot's of info there about where the name came from and thoughts around the name yada yada yada..

i don't have the link for the podcast.. you'll have to dig around. it's been posted around a lot though. FB and the forum here and stuff.
slovo
so, so, so, so, sosososo glad yall kept the name. It's an epic portmanteau. Nobody will miss whatever stuffed shirts are avoiding the joint because oh noes, their reputations. SlayerBadger!
CJ Miller
FredJM wrote:
I do think its an unfortunate choice.

Why? - Well, because it has nothing to do with the content here


As has been explained, they are the names of effects pedals. And pedals which are quite esteemed by synthesists. Back in the day, there were no effects modules such as distortion, flangers, or delay. Until recently, we still needed to use pedals for those.
BadBadger
slovo wrote:
so, so, so, so, sosososo glad yall kept the name. It's an epic portmanteau.

Frankly, I find the word portmanteau offensive. sad banana
CJ Miller
BadBadger wrote:
slovo wrote:
so, so, so, so, sosososo glad yall kept the name. It's an epic portmanteau.

Frankly, I find the word portmanteau offensive. sad banana


I use the portmanteau "dorkmanteau" to refer to offensive portmanteau. Which of course means all of them, making this somewhat recursive.
BadBadger
CJ Miller wrote:
I use the portmanteau "dorkmanteau" to refer to offensive portmanteau.

applause
CJ Miller wrote:
. . . making this somewhat recursive.

Reminds me of the fact that if you enter recursion in Google, it asks, "Did you mean: recursion?"
daverj
BadBadger wrote:
Reminds me of the fact that if you enter recursion in Google, it asks, "Did you mean: recursion?"


And it continues to ask you, even if you click it. hyper
rdomain
Quote:
It's pretty funny! But I see the other side as well


Yes. I see the other side as well but do I care what that other side think? NOPE. Guinness ftw!

When I'm at work I just scroll the page I'm on up a little bit to hide the word MUFF at the top. hehe


zvuku
I think it raises eyebrows and it has stopped me from coming here when I,m on a work computer - just in case. But maybe that just a symptom of the politically correct world we find ourselves in.
CJ Miller
I also think we should ban those awful Jack Lemmon movies. I know what "Jack Lemmon" means! I wasn't born yesterday!
ignatius
last week a lady told me "i love the name.. love love love the name!"
J KAY
I just read through the origins and the comments in relation to, IMHO the best name for a site ever!!!

I personally find it hilarious

My misses says I spend all day looking at slutz and muffs !!! hihi
Neekau
To be honest, it took me ages (i.e. a couple of days) to figure out what the name was about. I knew for sure that it meant something SlayerBadger!
Sometimes the limits of your native language are there. Sometimes.
AEJOTZ
Only an improperly indoctrinated human unit would even ask such a question.

Levity of any kind is insensitive to the humor impaired.

Let's just implement zero tolerance for everything and get it over with.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 34, 35, 36  Next [all]
Page 9 of 36
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group