MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KK Null
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author KK Null
rec.Koner
I like his music much more than other Japanoise

This is how he acts live

Two kaosspads, microkorg, mic. Sometimes he uses laptop or minidisc with pre-recorded material.

But i'm wondering, how to compose things like this:

And this sounds modular-kindly
tokyocat
I love his album Aurora, it's a collaboration with James Plotkin. Just layers of guitar feedback and effects, there's no drums and no vocals. But it's one of my favorite 'ambient noise' albums ever, strangely soothing and beautiful.
CJ Miller
I was lucky to experience him with Zeni Geva in Cambridge in the late 90s. They were quite hard and tight, I think my hairs were on end for the entire performance.
Babaluma
some nice tracks/related tracks on the virgin ambient:3 - isolationism compilation too.
Cybananna
I love KK Null. I got to see him in Koenji, Japan several years ago. He was great live. He had a very minimal set up. 2 kaoss pads, some sort of mic and a minidisk or some recording device. One of the most fun things I've done.
dr. jacoby
yeah, seconded on "aurora". that's a really great album, very low key and brooding. also his album with keiji haino (one of my favorites in the japanese scene).
thetwlo
yes! a god for sure.
stainers
Rocks out live! Caught him at Liquid Architecture in Melbourne on my birthday a couple of years ago
stk
He came to Melbourne/Australia in the late 90s and played a gig at the warehouse I was living in at the time.

He was doing the Nullsonic/guitar drone thing at the time.
It was intense. I had to go for a walk around the block at one point or throw up from the brutality. zombie

He influenced me to buy a Frostwave Blue Ringer (he was using two). After that I bought his album Terminal Beach, and got to relive the whole experience. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
solitaryzen
stk wrote:
He came to Melbourne/Australia in the late 90s and played a gig at the warehouse I was living in at the time.

It was intense. I had to go for a walk around the block at one point or throw up from the brutality. zombie

He influenced me to buy a Frostwave Blue Ringer (he was using two). After that I bought his album Terminal Beach, and got to relive the whole experience. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Was that the gig at Keren & JD's place (E2E4) in North Melb?? I was at that one too.

... actually, now that I think of it I'm pretty sure the gig I'm thinking of was after 2000.
stk
solitaryzen wrote:

Was that the gig at Keren & JD's place (E2E4) in North Melb?? I was at that one too.
... actually, now that I think of it I'm pretty sure the gig I'm thinking of was after 2000.

It was at "Shunyata", off Argyle just behind Brunswick st, Fitzroy. Probably around 1998ish.
We used to have heaps of gigs/parties there, you may well have played there..?

ahhh nostalgia oops
solitaryzen
stk wrote:
solitaryzen wrote:

It was at "Shunyata", off Argyle just behind Brunswick st, Fitzroy. Probably around 1998ish.
We used to have heaps of gigs/parties there, you may well have played there..?

ahhh nostalgia oops

Yes, I remember that place smile
MindMachine
tokyocat wrote:
I love his album Aurora, it's a collaboration with James Plotkin. Just layers of guitar feedback and effects, there's no drums and no vocals. But it's one of my favorite 'ambient noise' albums ever, strangely soothing and beautiful.

Right - that is a good one for sure. I need to play that one soon. It remonds me of some of the Lull releases.
nrdvrgr
Akumu! Was my "record of the year" when it came out...

http://hentai-vital.com/kk-null-akumu/
rec.Koner
Akumu? So you recommend it? mm

by the way, maybe some of you can make smth in kk null stule on ur modulars and record an a. or v. ?)

And i like these albums: Atomic Disorder, Galactic Tornado, Transgenic Nomad, Extropy, Terminal- stuff, Fertile, Ergosphere, Discoteca Plasma, Kosmista Noisea, Prime Radiant.. maybe i' ve forgotten smth.
estragon
stainers wrote:
Rocks out live! Caught him at Liquid Architecture in Melbourne on my birthday a couple of years ago

Great set, especially considering the obsessive nerd convulsing at the front of the stage for the entire duration.
timcoster
estragon wrote:

Great set, especially considering the obsessive nerd convulsing at the front of the stage for the entire duration.

I actually have video of that! He was awesome, actually the highlight of the evening for me. He'd only stop dancing to look in his bag at new merch. Such passion! SlayerBadger!
cyril
deleted
tokyocat
Just bought a KK Null album (a collaboration with deizon) the other day. Haven't had much chance to listen to it properly yet but here are some sound clips:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/deizon/deison-kk-null-not-fade-away[/s]
tokyocat
Another soundclip from the KK Null/Deison album (it's called "Into").

[s]http://soundcloud.com/deizon/deison-kk-null-18[/s]
Chrome Dinette
I saw Zeni Geva a couple of times in the 90's and they were incredible. I still listen to a bunch of their records. I don't know if he will ever come back to the US, though.
stk
ZG are great. So great, in fact, that I named my dog after them w00t

Didn't they play SF with Neurosis semi-recently?
Chrome Dinette
stk wrote:

Hmm, I thought he had visa problems. Maybe they have been cleared up. That would be great, as the footage I have seen of ZG with Tatsuya Yoshida has been top notch.
stk
Chrome Dinette wrote:
stk wrote:

Hmm, I thought he had visa problems. Maybe they have been cleared up. That would be great, as the footage I have seen of ZG with Tatsuya Yoshida has been top notch.

Maybe he did, I dunno hmmm..... I do think I recall seeing an announcement of ZG supporting Neurosis and being livid with jealously. You guys get all the good shows!
lastninja
timcoster wrote:
estragon wrote:

I actually have video of that! He was awesome, actually the highlight of the evening for me. He'd only stop dancing to look in his bag at new merch. Such passion! SlayerBadger!

Probably me, no one else dances to KK Null. Was that the show at Northcote Social Club? I had to leave early for the tram.

Video would be nice smile

I put on KK Null for an all ages show in 1998 at the Dane Center Rehearsal Studios when I was 15. Had to fax him at odd hours of the night - still have his letters asking for $100 guarantee and some amps.. he blessed my Roland JC 120 and a bass amp I hired for the show. I felt really bad, there was a short changeover intermission between guitar and microphone pieces, I turned the lights on to help the equipment changeover, and two people walked out. They'd only just paid and arrived a few minutes earlier too but I was too shocked to think to run after them and tell them it was still going lol.

I'll scan some flyers - the show I put on was with Andrew Garton (SA) and A Slow Loris (band of another member of Raped by Noise, drummer was Rob MacManus of Heathen Skulls - he was a bit of a crazy guy to me and I heard he never paid ZG for their 2010 shows... but at least he got them out here. I can't believe Tabata is no longer in the band.. I have asked him today to see if it is permanent...

stk wrote:

I did a show there around 2000 and never got my TV back after installing a static row under the stage lol. Sea Scouts / Paspalum / Foxrocket Quockenzocker / Raped by Noise and a bunch of others. Good times.

Went under the promotion name of 'The Grey Sea'
https://soundcloud.com/noisefucked
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2