MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Emu System Modular Pictures of modules!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Emu System Modular Pictures of modules!
roginator
Im cleaning my system so decided to make some pictures of modules (here and also on facebook)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/314373061929648/
a lot info on Emu modular FB group!!!

VCA 2000 module first

nlaudadio
Lovely. Just lovely.
Reese P. Dubin
Awesome, cant wait to see more. Love looking at the variety of ways things used to be constructed. Such a human departure from the yuck of Eurorack. Would LOVE to see the same kind of lens turned towards a big Driscoll system.
roginator
as owner of few modular systems .. I think emu is one of best modular designs if we talk about design and construction of modules... Most compact and very easy to upgrade sub modules smile

I think of doing some clones soon ... but I dunno if there is interest in that format and design idea...

more pictures soon!

lot more emu pictures on my Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/314373061929648/
roginator
here we go with second module VC HPF 2110 ... this one have all discrete Sub module 1111 based on 4 matched transistors pairs and 4x OTA ca3080.

later rev of this sub module is based on SSM 2040 ic.

If somebody have document on this early 1111 SUB-module ... PLEASE im looking for that data.

numan7
woahwe're not worthywe're not worthy oh what beautiful circuits you have! :swoon:
Dead Banana

cheers,
7n7
CJ Miller
Boo-tee-fuuul....

I have often wondered what was behind the panels of E-Mu modulars! Thank you so much for photos, they really are inspiring.
dougt
I have a standalone UAF but it is an encapsulated module -

Would be cool to get pics of others, especially a non encapsulated version...
roginator
I have 2 UAF modulas .. wonderful sounding filters ... one of best !

Ill post some pictures of original!
dougt
Yes it's certainly one of my favorites too, amazing resonance... Are yours un-encapsulated?
roginator
UAF - Universal Active Filter

DOUG... here it is!!!

J
WOW! cool boards!

love the curving silver coloured tracks on the blue. w00t

thanks for posting thumbs up
mono-poly
I wonder what those "hong kong" ic's are.
roginator
mono-poly wrote:

Hong Kong silver ones are AD 518 JH

small ones are AD 810 and AD 820
daverj
roginator wrote:
mono-poly wrote:

Hong Kong silver ones are AD 518 JH

small ones are AD 810 and AD 820

Based on the schematics, the Hong Kong ones marked AD518 are probably LM318 clones, and the ones marked AD810 and AD820 are probably clones of the matched transistor pairs QD402 (PNP) and QD102 (NPN). Not sure which is which, but there are four of the 402 and two of the 102 in the schematic. And two others that look the same that are dual FETs.
paults
Ahhh....is see the 1.5pf "gizmo" cap in use!
Ƶl8®
we're not worthy fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... we're not worthy
roginator
few words....

Emu is smoothest vintage modular design!!... by just replacing sub modules you can add different type of filters if you wanna make DIY !!

and few WORDs ABOUT VCOs! ... FAT, STABLE, FATTER, MORE STABLE, FATTEST OF EM ALL.. MOST STABLE ON PLANET ... just incredible

I think ill sell some small boxes and keep 2 cabinets smile ... THAT THING ROCKS!!!!!

so far ... best analog sound device i ever heard...!
MechaSeb
Time to clone it !! hyper
Thanks for the pics by the way. Guinness ftw!
dopefiend
OK, now, but lore has it the E-mu LPF was not as fat-sounding as the Moog.
What do you think?
Any sound clips for us?
roginator
dopefiend wrote:
OK, now, but lore has it the E-mu LPF was not as fat-sounding as the Moog.
What do you think?
Any sound clips for us?

they sound a bit different .. I tested A-B emu -Moog .. but really that is like 3% difference.. but wee dont need all filters to be that phatt!!

to me emu is awesome sounding .. really fat and most flexy system ... wile .. moog is pure brutality !! I loooove brutal sound of moog ... but not more than 1-2 sounds in mix!!

still of all of that LPFilters ... I love UAF more !!!

Ill do some demos ///
Nils
Thanks for posting all of this, it's much appreciated. Can't wait for the demos!
Dave Peck
J wrote:
WOW! cool boards!

love the curving silver coloured tracks on the blue. w00t

thanks for posting thumbs up

Yup, that's how we used to make all circuit board artwork in the old days.... using rolls of very skinny black tape, cutting the tape with an Xacto knife and manually applying the tape to sheets of clear plastic film. It was actually harder to make a straight line than a curved line.
roginator
Im thinking to make a 2040 LPF for EMU ...
I have 2 pcbs that I got over mono-poly and they are originally from analog metropolis!!

anybody interested in panel that looks 100% like Emu modular panels!

I can make more than 2! smile

just finishing Corel file!
roginator
here is just a quick idea!!!!

I have now in corel file 2 space module design for VC LPF , VC HPF and VCA!!

Now Ill design universal Mother PCB with same raster of jacks and knobs and switches... smile and any DIY daughter board can me mounted on that smile

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3