MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

a BugBrand Delay faceoff!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author a BugBrand Delay faceoff!
wetterberg
http://www.wetterberg.dk/tracks/wetterberg_-_The_Hopeful.mp3

One of my better patches, this one :-D

Some simple screeches from an MFB osc-02 into a QMMG
fed into one PTdelay, used as a "pitch shifter"; controlled by envelopes, no feedback, extreme delay times for grit.

Fed into a second PTdelay, heavily modulated with shorter delay times and high feedback.

Both delay signals are sent to the DAW,
a bit of pan, comp, some reverb on the second delay line, and that's it.

I find it has a wonderfully musique concrete vibe to it, possibly because of the heavy delay abuse, which those cats back in the day enjoyed too.

Hope you like it!
Andreas
vurt
thats some pretty nice sounding action.
ive been thinking about adding a second delay at some point, but wasnt sure if it was worth it with the delays i have aside, but this has helped me decide a little smile together two of them does bring something to the table, especially as the idea really is that all i have to take anywhere is the modular.

dunno about musique concrete, im getting a lovely robot insects feeling though screaming goo yo
felix
very nice!!
Mood Organ
Pingy goodness. Sounds great!
wetterberg
Thanks guys! I'm desperately trying to visualize new ways of using delays in my rig, other than the obvious "audio effect", end-of-chain shit. I love the concepts involved in delay processing, including all the de-generation, and I really want to bring that non-linearity into other regions. IF anyone here could help me brainstorm this I'd be really grateful.
felix
Audio rate modulation of delay time is usually interesting. Even if the device cannot handle it well enough, interesting things tend to result.

Obviously VC of the feedback path is great, especially if you're controlling a small range around the point of self-oscillation.

I also generally like feeding a delay a sequence of off-time clicks, with the feedback turned up, so end up with this kind of cloud of clicks that sounds like synthesized rain on a roof. I do it a lot with the monomachine since it had dedicated delays for each of the 6 tracks.
wetterberg
felix wrote:
Audio rate modulation of delay time is usually interesting. Even if the device cannot handle it well enough, interesting things tend to result.
Nice! going to do some of that now!
Quote:

Obviously VC of the feedback path is great, especially if you're controlling a small range around the point of self-oscillation.
yes, these go up to just below self-osc, I totally have to spend more time overloading the feedback chain, hehe.

Quote:
I also generally like feeding a delay a sequence of off-time clicks, with the feedback turned up, so end up with this kind of cloud of clicks that sounds like synthesized rain on a roof. I do it a lot with the monomachine since it had dedicated delays for each of the 6 tracks.
very nice idea! I have a ready-to-go combo of an a-117 diginoise going to an a-162 dual trigger delay, which has the effect of slowing down the clock in a cool way (since it can't be triggered while high)

Luckily, there's also easier ways to get it;
set to slow slow speeds the BugBrand delays will break up even a totally simple pulse into shards of brown plastic exploding in the trunk of an old Datsun.
cebec
felix wrote:

Nice sounding delay! eek!

Yes, what Felix said -- those are two excellent suggestions. I especially like to put anything and everything in the feedback path and make it as circuitous as possible.
wetterberg
felix
Awesome! I started peeing myself @ 1:20
Peter Grenader

Is that the Zi6 BTW?
wetterberg
you know it! Rawk! HexEnduction pushed me over the edge - I had seen the very good review it got on TechZilla or something, and those Serge vids... man. Had to have one :-D - they're SO FUCKING CHEAP!, it's ridiculous.
ix
lovely stuff
BugBrand
Whoo - yeah - many shades of awesome.

VC-feedback is certainly planned - potential 2-width unit with more features (don't hold your breath though...)
wetterberg
from circuit-bending a DanElectro Fab Echo I remember there being ways to circumvent the rolloff on the high end with repeats - that is, a way to take out the "analogue-ness" of the delay, pretty sweet.

It would definitely be a good niche for you to keep exploring, Tom.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1