MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

who own a Chimera?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Author who own a Chimera?
Mr White
wich of you own a little of there beasts???

http://www.chimerasynthesis.com/#/onlineshop/4529104839

I have a BC8 and I'm waiting a BC16 from december... w00t
Umcorps
I've been waiting for one since June 2008 so get back in line. hihi

I think to get one quick you need to be in Depeche Mode. Otherwise, it's a long, long wait. Worth it, I'm certain, but a long wait all the same.

I see that BC has just started advertising for staff on the web site so maybe things will get moving a bit more quickly soon.

Maybe...

Mark
xart
I have a BC8. I like it AS MUCH (maybe more) as the 259e on the 200e.
This little digital box is EVERYTHING I like about Synth-Isis. The 'Playability' is as fun as a Synthi and more fun than ANYTHING with a keyboard. headbang I hook this thing up to a delay/echo, dim the lights, put on some makeup, take off my shirt and pretend I'm Brian Eno.

Mr White
xart wrote:
I have a BC8. I like it AS MUCH (maybe more) as the 259e on the 200e.

I think the sound is similar...
also the demo of HertzDonut reminded me the BC8, quite AMAZING!
I cant fuckin wait to get my BC16! hyper hyper hyper
I will definitely interface it with my EuroModular! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
mmetlay
Mr White wrote:
wich of you own a little of there beasts???

http://www.chimerasynthesis.com/#/onlineshop/4529104839

I have a BC8 and I'm waiting a BC16 from december... w00t

I have one of the first bC8 units to ship and am very pleased with it (although mine apparently wasn't engraved with a serial number, at least not any place I can spot). I have it sitting just above the pitch/mod joystick on my X-Station, in a spot that's the perfect size for it, and have it running into a spare set of inputs on the small audio interface that forms the center of my Studio B computer music rig. It's nice to add some nice tweaky analog fun to my computer tracks, and in Studio A it gets lost next to my other analog gear.

I really enjoy playing with it, although I think it has some abilities I've not yet tapped into. One of these days I'll get a bC16 and maybe the sequencer; the Chimera stuff fills a vital niche in my musical world because it's small, portable, and affordable, which are the three things I need for a patchable synth to be usable in my cramped and poor studio.

mike Mr. Green
ignatzthemouse
I have wanted a bc16 for a good long while. I like the design ethic behind the chimera stuff.
Mr White
mmetlay wrote:
I really enjoy playing with it, although I think it has some abilities I've not yet tapped into

I think the same, I've done some sine-kicks with it that I evend dont believe them! Mr. Green

ignatzthemouse wrote:
I have wanted a bc16 for a good long while. I like the design ethic behind the chimera stuff.

me too, very very much, so Buchla! w00t
evs
i was also thinking about ordering one, the bc16 really looks nice.

but i also have to say that i don´t want to give a company that just gives a fuck about their customers, my money.

i absolutely don´t like them, just look at their forums, they (chimera) are shameless...
gde
I have a bc16 and its LFO is my favorite, but i did wait 6 months for mine (I was one of the earlier buyers) and I do not like the way BC runs the business and canceled my order for the sequencer which I ordered in february of 2008 and still isnt in production

the bc16 was a completely different product from the time I ordered until the time I received it. the bc16 I have is part of the batch with a botched MIDI program, but I'd rather not have MIDI than send it back and wait who knows how long before he sends it back...

Also, there are various design flaws such as unbuffered outputs and the headphone output being real hissy, but overall for the price I paid (which was much cheaper than the current price) it has a lot of features that outweigh the overlooked design errors i would say
SoundPool
I remember reading about how that company was run by someone who had ripped off a ton of people previously. took deposits on a ton of video synthesis stuff, never made any of it, never returned anyone's money, and just vanished.
fuck buying anything from a company that operates like that.
astroschnautzer
can`t find pricing on the bc8 and bc 16, any clues?
mirri
when i ordered a bC8 this spring it was 124€ incl shipping. Never got a order confirmation or anything :(

/m
richard
I got the BC8 and BC16 and am no.2 in the list for the forthcoming BCX at which point I will most probably sell the other two. I like the BC8 a lot but its a pain to use the (amazing) sequencer live because of multibutton presses, am hoping the BCX will solve all of this and sound even better - plus it has midi control an analogue steiner inspired multimode and CV!!! The BC8 sequencer can record and sequence everything thing that happens on the synth including patch changes... (read that again and try to imagine that!)

the BC16 is nice but very fiddly and conceptually less original, also needing special cables to interface it with anything else and well, too freakin small basically...

I think BC is an amazing designer and his modular concept will be astounding if he every gets around to making it (every module have its own digital memory for patches and its own sequencer for recording knob changes etc...)

He's slow and totally disorganised on a business level but getting better. I'd be very suprised if he's any kind of Peter Grenader type crook. He seems like a decent guy to me, but I'd like to hear more about THIS very worrying comment, can someone confirm or deny
????????????????

Quote:
I remember reading about how that company was run by someone who had ripped off a ton of people previously. took deposits on a ton of video synthesis stuff, never made any of it, never returned anyone's money, and just vanished.

seriously I think a damaging comment like that needs defending with some data!!!!! or withdrawing!
evs
richard wrote:

seriously I think a damaging comment like that needs defending with some data!!!!! or withdrawing!

would be interesting, you are right.
but i don´t think its so damaging, because
its allready like ripping people what chimera do.
some people wait now over a year! they should charge interest..

and by the way, just looking at the forum, its obvious that he IS a liar.
he just tell people that their synth is ready and to beshipped the next days, but he is lying, and the people wait and wait.
sorry, but what an asshole.

why didn´t he just sell the stuff he allready did?
once a synth is ready, he can sell it. easy for everyone.
richard
BC has stopped taking orders on any new product to clear the BC16 backorders, so his selling policy has already changed along the lines of what you recommend.

Its not my job to defend him, I waited nearly a year for my BC16 and was pretty pissed about it... especially by the repeated delivery dates which never transpired. He fucked up and he knows it, but he's not an arrogant, angry, certifiably criminally insane fuck like, well, you know....

So I say give the guy a break... it looks like he's finally learning how to run a business. I believe he means well.

Richard
shamann
richard wrote:
He's slow and totally disorganised on a business level but getting better. I'd be very suprised if he's any kind of Peter Grenader type crook. He seems like a decent guy to me, but I'd like to hear more about THIS very worrying comment, can someone confirm or deny
????????????????

Quote:

I believe you'll find pertinent info if you go hunting around through the results of this search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ben+Fisher%22+zeitx

For instance:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.movies.production.sound/browse _thread/thread/fcede79e559e0837?pli=1

When the BC16 was first launched, there were all sorts of problems related to order fulfilment. As far as I can tell though, orders have always been filled, just not always in a timely manner. Doesn't strike me as a crook, more that his ambitions outpace his business acumen.
richard
Like I say, he's not a great businessman, but I don't see any evidence of criminal behavouir there. Nothing that warrants the accusations made above.

Richard
SoundPool
I only said that I recall seeing that- not that I can back it up 100% or had any personal experience. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that. I find most of the time if there are lots of rumors about previous rip offs/bad business and early hints at a repeating pattern they tend to be true for the most part.

if business has changed and people get their stuff- great! but, personal I won't buy from a company like that without a go-between like AH or Noisebug
Mr White
richard wrote:
Like I say, he's not a great businessman, but I don't see any evidence of criminal behavouir there. Nothing that warrants the accusations made above.

Richard

you're right, we have the example of "another" that for sure is not a businessman fairly more than BC!

BC at least reply to emails and DO NOT TAKE MORE ORDERS WHEN HE IS FULFILLING PAST ONES!
parasitk
Looks like we should have a BC8 sometime this week. My bassist Bret ordered one a little while back. I'm looking forward to messing with it. screaming goo yo
Mr White
I've heard by BC some news about shipment of my bc16 last week...
then nothing more...
mmmm, this start to remind me of someone...
I hope to be wrong. meh
science
I think the problem is that there are far too many of us out there trying to buy the same things. The synth world needs a war, or at least some form of large scale bloodshed to thin out the numbers.

I'm still kicking myself for not ordering one of these a while ago. Now it looks like I'll be lucky if I ever get my hands on one.
Fidgit
science wrote:
The synth world needs a war, or at least some form of large scale bloodshed to thin out the numbers.

meh

ambulance
jenamu6
I would love to order one.........but I can't wait.

I just simply can't wait.
Umcorps
jenamu6 wrote:
I would love to order one.........but I can't wait.

I just simply can't wait.

It gets easier after the first year.

Like prison very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Page 1 of 48