MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

who own a Chimera?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Author who own a Chimera?
sungja
Those pictures are from several years ago when he initially announced the aluminum BC16.

Nothing to see here, move along people!!
Chimera Synthesis
sungja wrote:
Those pictures are from several years ago when he initially announced the aluminum BC16.

Nothing to see here, move along people!!

Wrong. These are new.

The first unibody units were purely milled, anodised black and have a cut-out for a DC jack. These never made it into production as we couldn't get the finish right (they had stripes across the face - you can see it on my avatar).

The current bC16mk5 (which is shipping shortly) is turned and milled and painted.
coilsandco
Whether these pictures are old or new is irrelevant.

Same old bullshit, Ben.

Ship orders or refund money. Anything else is just hot air.
RoyNeary
Supposedly all people owed bC16s have been contacted.

I haven't.
Chimera Synthesis
Hi Roy Neary,

Please email me (ben@ichimera.com), with your name and email address, and I'll try and see why you haven't been contacted.

thank you.

Ben
Nuuj
Ben,

It would actually help your credibility if you stopped showing pictures or details of any builds or products in progress, as for someone with your reputation it actually does nothing to build credibility or confidence.
You should only show pictures of completed products being shipped out the door to the customers that you still owe goods to.
Feinstrom
Whoa, I had completely lost track of this thread, had to dig through quite some pages...
Yes, indeed: Thanks a lot to Muffs to keep this thread open!

I think that there is some progress being made right now.
Ben is doing exactly the things he announced he would do, he is giving out his address for communication, providing pictures (the only thing to do if people don't believe you!) and he is reacting to questions and remarks on this forum.
We all don't know what the future might bring - let's just wait for it and let Ben do all he has to do.

Someone raised some suspicion about people defending Ben and not writing about anything else. I don't know if that was addressed at me, but if it was: I might not be the most active poster here on Muffs (I simply don't know too many things about modular stuff, so I'm more of a silent reader), but I DO post about other things, and I am a more active poster on other forums like Gearslutz or Sequencer.de, always under the same nick "Feinstrom".
I am not related to Ben other that I know him personally, I have discussed the matter with him, and I am waiting for him to deliver some instruments to me.
I simply believe what he says, naive little guy that I am.
And I have reasons to do so.

Cheers,
Bert
snufkin
Feinstrom wrote:
Whoa, I had completely lost track of this thread, had to dig through quite some pages...
Yes, indeed: Thanks a lot to Muffs to keep this thread open!

I think that there is some progress being made right now.
Ben is doing exactly the things he announced he would do, he is giving out his address for communication, providing pictures (the only thing to do if people don't believe you!) and he is reacting to questions and remarks on this forum.
We all don't know what the future might bring - let's just wait for it and let Ben do all he has to do.

Someone raised some suspicion about people defending Ben and not writing about anything else. I don't know if that was addressed at me, but if it was: I might not be the most active poster here on Muffs (I simply don't know too many things about modular stuff, so I'm more of a silent reader), but I DO post about other things, and I am a more active poster on other forums like Gearslutz or Sequencer.de, always under the same nick "Feinstrom".
I am not related to Ben other that I know him personally, I have discussed the matter with him, and I am waiting for him to deliver some instruments to me.
I simply believe what he says, naive little guy that I am.
And I have reasons to do so.

Cheers,
Bert

Hi Bert while your post is pretty reasonable I don't think it's helpful. Ben has done this multiple times not just with the synth community but with robotics too, lets not wait and see what Ben might do, lets prevent anyone else from buying in to his scams until he completely makes good on the fact he has essentially stolen money from a bunch of people over and over again.

Updates and pictures are irrelevant

we should ignore anything but Ben making good without resorting to taking more money from more people which is an obvious false economy d'oh!
Feinstrom
If you had read the whole thread, you would realize (apart from knowing my name is Bert, not Burt) that he is not taking money from people for things he hasn't built yet any more.
He is building synths and shipping them to waiting customers.
And afterwards he is selling the synths he has left over to pay refunds.
He has openly confessed to all his former mistakes, and I am certainly not waiting for things to happen, but I am in contact with him and I'm (kindly) kicking his ass all the time, because I want
a) my synths
b) all others to receive their synths or refunds
c) Ben to make more synths.

Cheers,
Bert
dubonaire
I'm with Feinstrom. Regardless of what might have transpired before I find the incessant judgementalism and 'wise words' to be bordering on bullying.
snufkin
Feinstrom wrote:
If you had read the whole thread, you would realize (apart from knowing my name is Bert, not Burt) that he is not taking money from people for things he hasn't built yet any more.
He is building synths and shipping them to waiting customers.
And afterwards he is selling the synths he has left over to pay refunds.
He has openly confessed to all his former mistakes, and I am certainly not waiting for things to happen, but I am in contact with him and I'm (kindly) kicking his ass all the time, because I want
a) my synths
b) all others to receive their synths or refunds
c) Ben to make more synths.

Cheers,
Bert

sorry about the spelling mistake Bert I am really bad at that :3 while I see what your saying I really don't think he should be funding refunds by creating new customers, It just seems to be opening up a whole new set of people to being stolen from. He should be using the money he stole to pay back the money he stole, not new money from new people. Having followed this for a long time, it is a pattern that has sucked people in time and again.

dubonaire wrote:
I'm with Feinstrom. Regardless of what might have transpired before I find the incessant judgementalism and 'wise words' to be bordering on bullying.

It may come across as overly harsh but I think all the people saying similar things to me in this thread are just eager to stop Ben taking any more people for a ride, rather than stop him making synths/designing. He should keep any new products or design work completely separate from the refund process. As in let another company produce his designs for a licence fee and meanwhile either retrieve the money he owns from his own accounts or find another revenue stream if he has spent it. Remember this is not an isolated incident and he has repeated this process multiple times not just once. waah
Feinstrom
You would be right in all you are saying, if Ben were the scammer and thief some (well, most) people seem to think he is. And if you only judge him by the way he behaved during the last years (not knowing the reasons) and simply don't believe any word he says, your opinion is understandable.

My opinion, naive as it might be, is a different one.
I believe what he told me personally and in this thread. He gave you his address and phone number, and he has posted pictures of his new batch of synths, which to me are at least signs of his honesty.
And I believe that if he really were a scammer he would be the most stupid scammer I've ever seen, putting that much effort into a scam with such a few possible victims who are organized in a community of different online forums. Who on this planet could be interested in a pie-shaped analog synthesizer? Potentially about 500 of seven billions...
If I had the intention of snatching money from lots of people, I'd buy a crate full of fake cellphones and sell them on ebay or the local flea market.
But maybe I'm completely wrong - it's just my opinion, to which I will stick. Maybe because I know a few things more than you (by simply having talked to Ben for a few hours!), but maybe I simply don't want to believe my money is lost...

Please read everything that Ben has posted on this thread thoroughly, and if afterwards you haven't changed your mind, then I'm in no position to change it either.
He has tried to refund people by working for another company, he has gone through a private bankruptcy, and now he is struggling to get his feet back to the ground, doing what he does best, building synthesizers. I can see nothing wrong with that, but if you don't trust him and decide never to purchase anything from him, that's a valid opinion too.

I think I have successfully convinced Ben not to take any orders for instruments that he has not yet built - and I'm sure he knows that he will have lost all my respect the moment he does (and yes, I do think he cares for that).

In a few weeks I'll be in England for the holidays, and I hope to meet Ben again and have a long talk with him again.
I will keep you updated afterwards, and I'm sure Ben will, too.

Cheers,
Bert
snufkin
Feinstrom wrote:
You would be right in all you are saying, if Ben were the scammer and thief some (well, most) people seem to think he is. And if you only judge him by the way he behaved during the last years (not knowing the reasons) and simply don't believe any word he says, your opinion is understandable.

that's just it though we don't know the reasons, and Ben has not made any attempt to justify his actions.

Feinstrom wrote:
My opinion, naive as it might be, is a different one.
I believe what he told me personally and in this thread. He gave you his address and phone number, and he has posted pictures of his new batch of synths, which to me are at least signs of his honesty.
but these are all 'proofs' of honesty that have been available while he still scammed people, so not really anything new or a basis to renew trust

Feinstrom wrote:
And I believe that if he really were a scammer he would be the most stupid scammer I've ever seen, putting that much effort into a scam with such a few possible victims who are organized in a community of different online forums. Who on this planet could be interested in a pie-shaped analog synthesizer? Potentially about 500 of seven billions...
If I had the intention of snatching money from lots of people, I'd buy a crate full of fake cellphones and sell them on ebay or the local flea market.
all true but then we don't know Ben's motives or life situation that could cause him to act in this way

Feinstrom wrote:
But maybe I'm completely wrong - it's just my opinion, to which I will stick. Maybe because I know a few things more than you (by simply having talked to Ben for a few hours!), but maybe I simply don't want to believe my money is lost...
I would like your view to be the correct one however I think it's potentially dangerous to leave it as the last word on this thread, obviousless already made what should have been the last post in this thread on page 113. The only follwing post should be Ben providing proof he has made good to all those he is in debt to

Feinstrom wrote:
Please read everything that Ben has posted on this thread thoroughly, and if afterwards you haven't changed your mind, then I'm in no position to change it either.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just think it is potentially harmful to leave your opinion as the last on this thread as potential new customers might see it and be duped by Ben. lets hope your right though and one day he does fix things thumbs up

Feinstrom wrote:
He has tried to refund people by working for another company, he has gone through a private bankruptcy, and now he is struggling to get his feet back to the ground, doing what he does best, building synthesizers. I can see nothing wrong with that, but if you don't trust him and decide never to purchase anything from him, that's a valid opinion too.
quite the opposite I think his products are great I just wont deal with him until he has cleaned his slate and more than made up for his dishonesty, as for his private bankruptcy he seems to have been able to get together enough money to restart production and machine costly alu enclosures and build things in a new workshop, he hasn't been transparent about how much money that took or exactly how much he owes people, potentially could he have repaid everyone and just not had a business at the end of it and if so, then his action now are still dishonest as the money he owes he is using as a loan to eventually help him produce products again with no benefit to the people he stole from apart from not having their money back for years!

Feinstrom wrote:
I think I have successfully convinced Ben not to take any orders for instruments that he has not yet built - and I'm sure he knows that he will have lost all my respect the moment he does (and yes, I do think he cares for that).
good, but he shouldn't be taking orders for any instruments full stop. He should just be repaying the money he owes. Then one day maybe tool up for production again once he has got help or learnt about honesty and correct business practice.

Feinstrom wrote:
In a few weeks I'll be in England for the holidays, and I hope to meet Ben again and have a long talk with him again.
I will keep you updated afterwards, and I'm sure Ben will, too.

please don't I don't think any discussion is helpful (even mine here) all that this thread should now be is a way for out of pocket customers to contact each other, a warning for any potential customers and finally a post from Ben once he has made good. I have only posted this reply to you as I am still concerned that any opinions other the ones based on publicly available fact are miss leading

I hope you understand (mods feel free to delete this if you think it's out of line, I don't want to cause trouble)

Best

Chris
felixer
snufkin wrote:
all that this thread should now be is a way for out of pocket customers to contact each other, a warning for any potential customers ... I am still concerned that any opinions other the ones based on publicly available fact are miss leading

I hope you understand (mods feel free to delete this if you think it's out of line, I don't want to cause trouble)

Best

Chris

treading dangerous waters here ... i do hope you are not trying to tell me what to say or think. suppressing other peoples opinions may be en vogue but not on this forum please ...
fact: i ordered several synths from ben, payed me money, got me wares promptly and am still very happy with 'm.
as a tip to whose who actually own a chimera 6/8/9: they run perfectly well on a usb psu. alas no socket so you'll have to do a bit of simple soldering/modding but saves on batteries 8_) maybe something to incorporate in a next batch?
Feinstrom
@snufkin:
Sorry, my bad.
I had seen this thread as a collection of info concerning Chimera.

Cheers,
Bert
snufkin
felixer wrote:
snufkin wrote:
all that this thread should now be is a way for out of pocket customers to contact each other, a warning for any potential customers ... I am still concerned that any opinions other the ones based on publicly available fact are miss leading

Best

Chris

treading dangerous waters here ... i do hope you are not trying to tell me what to say or think. suppressing other peoples opinions may be en vogue but not on this forum please ...
fact: i ordered several synths from ben, payed me money, got me wares promptly and am still very happy with 'm.
as a tip to whose who actually own a chimera 6/8/9: they run perfectly well on a usb psu. alas no socket so you'll have to do a bit of simple soldering/modding but saves on batteries 8_) maybe something to incorporate in a next batch?

urg i'm not trying to suppress your opinions or tell anyone what to think, however I personally would like it if this thread was more heavily biased towards facts rather than opinions, (including my own)

Feinstrom wrote:
@snufkin:
Sorry, my bad.
I had seen this thread as a collection of info concerning Chimera.

Cheers,
Bert

Yes Information not opinions hopefully

my bad too

Best

Chris
Nuuj
There is a long history of Ben posting pictures and having stories which are meant to indicate progress and create hope, followed by long periods of failing to deliver product to people who have already paid for goods.

This is why if Ben really wants to be taken serious in any attempt to redeem himself, he should stop doing so.

The only thing Ben should post is pictures of finished synths being shipped to customers, followed by actual product available from respectable retailers.

Posting pictures of parts or builds in progress just creates suspicion for Chimera.

BTW, we have no idea if Ben is currently accepting any payments for the excess units he states he is currently creating.

Anyway, it's now been two months since Ben resurfaced, has anyone received a synth?
opsysbug
Nuuj wrote:

Anyway, it's now been two months since Ben resurfaced, has anyone received a synth?

...and let that be the word. You guys (same guys) can defend him all you like.
But when somebody who is OWED one GETS one (shortly). Let them post a vid.

thumbs up
dalasv
Wow, looks like a lot has happened on this thread since I last checked in. Got an email from Ben today that caused me to come back here. I see Ben has been posting as well. As I said in my email, Ben, please refund my purchase as I have been asking you to do for several years. I'm not interested in remaining involved with this. I just want out.
thebot
So has anyone received one of the new synths yet?
Fidgit
thebot wrote:
So has anyone received one of the new synths yet?

next week... lol
(that's the usual promise / announcement / ...)
construct09
1 or 2 shills will get them nodnod that's usually what happens...
seth
I guess I'm one of those "suspicious" people who only post in this thread, and I've actually been accused of being a shill for Ben here before. The reason I don't post all that much is that I much prefer mailing lists to forums, and I'm not a shill for Ben but rather a customer with perhaps infinite patience. I'll either get what I paid for (bC16) all those years ago or I won't (SM16). That money's gone, and getting it back will just cause me to spend it foolishly somewhere else, of course, so I'd rather leave it where it is.

I too just got one of those emails from Ben. I'm "happy" to wait for my sequencer, and if I get it one day, well, that's a total bonus at this point. I could ask for a refund but I'd rather have the gear. If it somehow arrives around Christmas time that'd be great. If it doesn't arrive for two years, well, that'd be a bummer.

Am I Ben's biggest fan? No, not at all. Can I see the point of those who are very pissed off? Sure. Do I have to be pissed off and convince everyone here to be pissed off as well? Well, no. Should Ben take new orders at this point? Nope nope nope. Doesn't appear his web site is accepting orders though I suppose you could call and demand to give him money if you wanted to. Not sure I'd recommend that though. Do I want to see Ben finally succeed in his synth business? Absolutely yes. Would I order again from him? Today, no. When there's been a steady stream of shipped synths, well, I might.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything here. I guess I'm just saying that I'm willing to wait because at this point I have nothing to lose by doing so. The money's long been spent, and hopefully one day I'll get my SM16.

Call me a shill if you want, or call me an naive nitwit. Whatever. Hopefully Ben can get it together and make this work. I hope so. Not going to hold my breath, but I'm also not going storm the castle either.

Seth

http://music.boxoftextures.com/
opsysbug
seth wrote:
That money's gone, and getting it back will just cause me to spend it foolishly somewhere else, of course, so I'd rather leave it where it is

eek!
snufkin
seth wrote:
I guess I'm just saying that I'm willing to wait because at this point I have nothing to lose by doing so. The money's long been spent, and hopefully one day I'll get my SM16.

Seth

Out of interest does it worry you that he did this long before synths with other companies, such as the robotics one and he never came good on those orders?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Page 46 of 48