MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

who own a Chimera?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 [all]
Author who own a Chimera?
rhythminmind
Thanks for the reply. Not surprised to hear of his potential failings. I tend to believe you get what you give for the most part in this life. So it seems fitting.
felixer
rob.ocelot wrote:

If it's any consolation, it looks like Ben's karma has caught up to him somewhat.

yep, that's the thing with karma: it's inevitable.
i'm sorry and apologize for having had faith in the man: seems i was wrong and the angry ones were right very frustrating what a shame because his products were good. i still enjoy my bc6, 8, and 9 ....
tIB
Apologies for necroing this one, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on the ring mod input?
rob.ocelot
tIB wrote:
Apologies for necroing this one, but wondered if anyone could shed any light on the ring mod input?

There's a single input for modulating the amount of ring mod between OSC 1 and OSC2. There's no way to change the inputs (ie use another sound source for the carrier - so no Dalek voices here). I found this confusing at first because I expected two inputs or at least an in and an out. Because you can't independently change the tuning of OSC2 (there's a knob to change the *difference* between the two oscillators) you also have to work a bit to get something that sounds ring modulated, otherwise you are ring modding the same sound to itself, which doesn't do much.

I remember quizzing Ben about how it worked when I got my BC-16, but I can't recall if that was on the defunct Chimera forum or if it was in email. Must have been the forum because I kept pretty much everything I could about Chimera -- that included emails, manuals, pictures of the prototypes (inc. stuff that was vaporware), screenshots of forum posts when I could.

Let's just say I had a feeling that this stuff would disappear at some point if Ben decided to run off. Sure enough, he closed the forum because people were complaining about not getting the stuff they paid for and he didn't seem to care that it took away valuable information and tips that weren't even in the (not ever completed) manuals.

I wish I could have saved more.
tIB
Thanks very much - weirdly I'd been using I without knowing since I had some modulation going into what I thought was the diff of the LFO!

It's a sad tale indeed - unfortunately his design talents were far outweighed by his dishonesty.
T. Jervell
Nevermind...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 [all]
Page 48 of 48