MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

who own a Chimera?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Author who own a Chimera?
science
Fidgit wrote:
science wrote:
The synth world needs a war, or at least some form of large scale bloodshed to thin out the numbers.

meh

ambulance

That thing I said is what's called "sarcasm", or a "joke". Look it up.
science
You guys who are "waiting" might find this interesting...

I signed up to receive info when the bC16 was next available yesterday, and almost immediately received this in my inbox:

Quote:
Hi Mike Ar,

Chimera Synthesis Ltd has requested a payment of £212.00 from you through Google Checkout.

Message from Chimera Synthesis Ltd :
Thank you for ordering a bC16 patchable synthesizer, your package will contain: 1x bC16 synthesizer 10x patch leads (various colours) 1x signal inverter 1x allen key (hex wrench) As soon as we receive payment we will process your order, when it is dispatched we will email you a tracking reference number. Estimated Dispatch Date is approx. 14 days from receipt of payment. BC, Chimera Synthesis Ltd

Payment for:
bC16 (including 10x patch leads, inverter, allen key) & delivery

Next, they sent me a follow up -

Quote:

Hi Mike,

Pls find attached a price list (soon to be updated, but we are happy to stick to this). I have sent you an electronic invoice for a bC16 (sorry we haven't got your surname).

very best,

BC

I've decided against ordering. They seem way too eager to take my money and tell me they're going to deliver the synth in 14 days, considering they already have a ton of people who have been waiting for the same thing for years. I'd be stupid to ignore everything I saw on the Chimera forums and elsewhere. It looks like a cool little synth, but nothing is cool enough to get me to put myself at risk of being stolen from to obtain.
dubchild
Yeah, I did the same thing. I signed up to receive an email from them two weeks ago to inform me when the bC16 and bC8 were back in stock and now two weeks later both have been shipped to me. Trampoline

They must have produced a large batch of the bC16s.
Mr White
Umcorps wrote:
jenamu6 wrote:
I would love to order one.........but I can't wait.

I just simply can't wait.

It gets easier after the first year.

Like prison very frustrating

same thought here....

but I'm starting to be angry with BC
Umcorps
Mr White wrote:

If I read Dubchild's post right, and if he really means that he has a BC16 right now in his hands after ordering it just a fortnight ago I'm not angry, I'm incandescent. Rage!
parasitk
If my friend gets the bc8 he ordered this week I'll let you guys know - he only ordered it about a month ago or so.
Umcorps
Cheers for that, but it's likely that he will get it as promised. It's clearly easier and more cost effective for chimera to get BC8's out of the door than it is to make the BC16s. It's telling that his recent twitter feed talks about him shifting a large batch of bc8s before getting round to the 16s despite having a sizeable number of pissed off "customers" waiting. He's doing what's easy - not what's right.

Basically, I think he underpriced the BC16 originally and underestimated the complexity of manufacturing the device in any significant numbers.

I shouldn't be surprised. Its the age old story of British synthesisers. We're quite good at inventing interesting instruments. We're truly awful at bringing them to market in a reliable way.

(actually that's probably the complete history of the British manufacturing industry now I think about it.)
ix
the best interest free business loan is the customer !

can i ask why these are so desirable ? are they really that good sounding ? or flexible.I can see it being a cool gadget .

I shouldn't be surprised. Its the age old story of British synthesisers. We're quite good at inventing interesting instruments. We're truly awful at bringing them to market in a reliable way.
(actually that's probably the complete history of the British manufacturing industry now I think about it.)[/quote]
Atticus
dubchild wrote:
Yeah, I did the same thing. I signed up to receive an email from them two weeks ago to inform me when the bC16 and bC8 were back in stock and now two weeks later both have been shipped to me. Trampoline

angry

You paid for a BC16 and BC8 less than two weeks ago and already both are on the way? Oh my.
dubchild
Umcorps wrote:
Mr White wrote:

If I read Dubchild's post right, and if he really means that he has a BC16 right now in his hands after ordering it just a fortnight ago I'm not angry, I'm incandescent. Rage!

I paid and was sent tracking numbers for both, so they are both on there way. I never knew about any of the problems people are having with pre-paid orders, since I am not on any BC forums.
dubchild
Atticus wrote:
dubchild wrote:

angry

You paid for a BC16 and BC8 less than two weeks ago and already both are on the way? Oh my.

Don't be mad at me. sad banana

I have the tracking numbers and tracking says they have shipped, so unless i receive two boxes full of rocks, i am assuming they are the bC8 and bC16 .
science
Well, I decided to take a gamble and order a bC8. He says it should ship next week. We'll see what happens.

I don't want to make any conclusions about him, since I barely know the story behind this... but hopefully it actually ships.
science
I will post and let everyone know if/when I receive my bC8.
Atticus
dubchild wrote:
Don't be mad at me. sad banana

I have the tracking numbers and tracking says they have shipped, so unless i receive two boxes full of rocks, i am assuming they are the bC8 and bC16 .

I'm not mad at you at all man. Nice one for getting them so quickly. w00t I really appreciate you telling us all as now we can see they are going out in no particular order!
Mr White
fuck.

I paid my BC16 the beginning of december....

yesterday I sent and overhelming email to BC that replyed me that he IS progressing heavily with back-orders, but, if I want a refund....

I dont fuckin want a refund now but I'm stuck of eating hope & promises.

but I'll keep him under pressure arrow

...and quote that!

Quote:
Cheers for that, but it's likely that he will get it as promised. It's clearly easier and more cost effective for chimera to get BC8's out of the door than it is to make the BC16s. It's telling that his recent twitter feed talks about him shifting a large batch of bc8s before getting round to the 16s despite having a sizeable number of pissed off "customers" waiting. He's doing what's easy - not what's right.

Basically, I think he underpriced the BC16 originally and underestimated the complexity of manufacturing the device in any significant numbers.

(actually that's probably the complete history of the British manufacturing industry now I think about it.)
Mr White
and we can use this thread to report who's getting his chimera at this point...

just to estimate a pay-get time relationship! Guinness ftw!
peh
I ordered a BC8 a few months ago. At the time of ordering I was told it was on the shelf ready to be posted. Since then zilch, nada, nothing, FA.

I don't know whether the guy is a fraud, incompetent at business or a mix of both. Whilst I'll wait for the synth rather than request a refund (at this point) I'll never buy anything else from him.

angry
peh
sungja wrote:

I think all BC8 orders are leaving this week.

YOu should read the Chimera synth forum. Its all there.

ambulance

I'm a frequent & increasingly annoyed reader of the Chimera forum..Ben "Chimera" Fisher has spun that "they are all going to be sent over X days" before and it's been bullshit in the past so I'm not entirely wetting my pants with joyful anticipation just yet ....i need a Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
mark_snipz
I asked for a refund nearly 3 weeks ago, promised a cheque twice and nothing. So on the forum I threatened to report him to his local Trading Standards authority...and the message was moderated out of existence!

May have to take a wander over to his factory (about an hour from where I live) with a couple of friends...
wetterberg
mark_snipz wrote:
I asked for a refund nearly 3 weeks ago, promised a cheque twice and nothing. So on the forum I threatened to report him to his local Trading Standards authority...and the message was moderated out of existence!

May have to take a wander over to his factory (about an hour from where I live) with a couple of friends...
uhm... or how about reporting him to his local Trading Standards authority? hmmm.....
richard
they are fascinating and original synths and they do exist smile but this customer service approach is just fucking nuts. I waited 11 months for my BC16 after being personally promised it would be 10 days, but then others have waited over a year ? and some only 2 weeks?

that's fucked up

Richard
mark_snipz
I've actually been banned from the Chimera Forum for mentioning Trading Standards!

They would be the first port of call but that wouldn't get me my money back, I'd have to take him to the Small Claims court and that can take months here in the UK. Was just thinking of a friendly knock on the door just to enquire about the whereabouts of my £210, nothing more sinister!
richard
Mark

Have you tried calling him? he does answer the phone

UK:
01473 289 004

Overseas:
+44 1473 289 004

Richard
mark_snipz
I'll try again tomorrow, left a message last week :(
KNYST
I own a bC8 since yesterday. Love it smile

Waited over three months for it, should have been two weeks. I was pissed off already after five weeks... It's been a struggle to remain sane.
I wouldn't recommend this treatment to anyone. Customer relations: MY ASS IS BLEEDING
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Page 2 of 48