MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

who own a Chimera?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Author who own a Chimera?
science
I was told when I paid last week that my bC8 should ship this week. Hopefully I don't get screwed.
parasitk
No sign of the BC8 here... it supposedly shipped.
mark_snipz
Am still waiting for a refund...have left a number of messages now but don't seem to be able to get through to the man himself. And as I've been waiting for so long I can't use Paypal to raise a dispute...next stop Visa. Annoying!
dubchild
I have received the bC8 and bC16. Both took about 8 days to get to me from time of shipping(for those who have received "shipped" emails.) So it looks as though he is shipping them out in no particular order of priority.
richard
reportedly he's been good with refunds in the past so marks continuing saga is worrying

Its a real shame BC can't get this together. I was just using the BC16 and BC8 and they kill. Reminded me that the BC8 is remarkable and one of the best digital synths I've ever heard - more buchla than nord and the design is clearly and impressively insane. I am not surprised the guy who designed it can't keep his invoices and orders organised! He is somehow thinking very differently...

But that is not an excuse. He's someone i would like to support as he is a very creative. but he's been fucking up bigtime since he started the business - using income from sales to invest in products which don't actually exist yet. Like certain others its a shame he doesn't have a business manager leaving him free to develop things he's clearly so good at..

Richard
Mr White
dubchild wrote:
I have received the bC8 and bC16. Both took about 8 days to get to me from time of shipping(for those who have received "shipped" emails.) So it looks as though he is shipping them out in no particular order of priority.

oooh fuck.

so I have to tamp BC way more to know where the fuck is my BC16! w00t

I'm enjoying so much with the 8 but now until hertz donut lands I just want something to tweak...
richard
My posts are being censored on his forum now as well. Nothing rude in there either... I just pointed out that Peter Grenader's example of customer service is not one BC should follow hihi

so be warned its no longer a real forum

thank fuck for this place, its really necessary

Richard
Mr White
just received tonight an email from BC telling me that he is approaching my BC16 to leave... It's peanut butter jelly time!
I hope so sad banana

Quote:
My posts are being censored on his forum now as well. Nothing rude in there either... I just pointed out that Peter Grenader's example of customer service is not one BC should follow

so be warned its no longer a real forum

thank fuck for this place, its really necessary

fuck yes.

people into crazyrisky business will protect it in every way... Sniper

but dont give a fuck by now I still have awesome time bongoing the 8 throug the QMMG! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
mark_snipz
My cheque turned up yesterday smile
science
Well, I was originally told mine would ship last week, then told it would ship Monday, then today told that it will ship tomorrow... so we'll see.
science
No tracking number, and he has now stopped responding to e-mails. I guess I might have lost this gamble. Glad I didn't go for the bC16.
science
Got a response... says he confused me with someone else and now my bC8 will ship tomorrow. sad banana
science
Still no tracking number, and I can't get a response out of him again. I may have gambled and lost this time.
richard
He'll send it man. but at Chimera, the words "tomorrow" "this week" and "next week" mean nothing. Its a shame, but its how it is... relax and enjoy your modular until it comes is the only advice I can offer.

R
science
I would have been patient if he hadn't made it a point to lie to me several times and tell me each day that my bC8 would ship "tomorrow".
Mr White
sungja wrote:
I picked up the BC16 today.

I have never sent much emails to Ben at Chimera cause that wont help at all.

Just join the forum and be patient thats my advice.

8_)

totally agree!

I send him an email every 2-3 weeks, just to make some pressure! razz

this time he send me and email by himself telling that "we are soo close" Soapbox

just for curiosity, when did you paid for your???
science
All is well... shipped today.
droolmaster0
Well, I read this thread, but I'm taking a chance and I sent an email for an order. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it sounds like within a few weeks I should get a notice to pay, and then theoretically after I do, I receive my order relatively soon. We'll see.

What I'm not really that sure about, and maybe someone can can tell me quickly is - what else do I need with this thing. It looks like some cables are included, included the mini cables to regular banana? But only a few - so I should probably buy some more of each? Anything else?
Umcorps
droolmaster0 wrote:
and then theoretically after I do, I receive my order relatively soon.

The Chimera theory of Relativity.

Time (as in delivery time) being an entirely elastic and arbitrary concept bearing no meaningful relationship to anything else in the known universe.

Welcome to the masochist club. Mr. Green

Quote:
What I'm not really that sure about, and maybe someone can can tell me quickly is - what else do I need with this thing. It looks like some cables are included, included the mini cables to regular banana?

Didn't know about the mini to regular cable. Wasn't mentioned when I ordered mine. AFAIK, when it ships, the BC16 ships with 10 mini banana cables, an inverter cable, and a few spare mini banana plugs for you to make your own interconnects if you want.

Given its size, its hard to see how you would want to be using more than 10 leads at a time regularly, especially once you add a midi/power lead and the audio output into the mix.

You might want to add the mini banana to 1/4 inch jack cable to your order though. The headphone output on the BC16 is really just that - the amp is quite noisy apparently - so its better to bypass it and grab the output directly.

Probably a good idea to budget for some relaxation classes as well. Chances are you are gong to get pretty wound up between now and when you actually get what you ordered.
science
bC8 arrived today. I know what I'll be doing tonight Mr. Green
parasitk
Cool deal. No BC8 over here yet... confused
science
This thing is awesome hyper

Having a blast with it already, and I'm just using it on my tiny desktop speakers at work. Can't wait to hook it up at home and feed the modular with it.
panda30y
science wrote:
This thing is awesome hyper

Having a blast with it already, and I'm just using it on my tiny desktop speakers at work. Can't wait to hook it up at home and feed the modular with it.

I remember xart raving about them sounding just like a buchla vco. Perhaps it'll hold you over for awhile until you get the Buchla?
science
It'll definitely help.
science
Now that I've had about an hour to mess with it at home, I can see that it will definitely help keep me occupied for a while. This thing sounds great and is a hell of a lot of fun. Best $140 or so I've ever spent.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 46, 47, 48  Next [all]
Page 3 of 48