MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
VBrazil Systems - Aether System One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author VBrazil Systems - Aether System One
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: VBrazil Systems - Aether System One Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sup Wigglers??

This month my modular system will be ready! I got these pics from Vinicius, wich is the engineer behind VBrazil Systems! I'm gonna be posting here a lot of videos and demos for you guys, all in Full HD. His modules will be available soon, in 3,5mm and banana jack formats.

Aether Oscillator:

Each oscillator has it's own dedicated LFO with 8 waveforms. More infos soon (he's gonna make manuals for each module, then I'll translate for you guys).

LIZARD:

Lizard is a unique module. It's a morphing LFO. It can be used as a complex oscillator (when feeding aether oscillators thru it's inputs). It can be used as a "analog wavetable", you can "program" waveforms using the LFO knobs. It can be used as a step sequencer. This think is really a crazy creation, a little beast! I believe it will take some time for me to master it! I already have it's "quick start manual", I'll try my best to translate for you guys.

MULTI LFO:

It has a S&H knob that modulate the waveforms, also has a NOISE output. I have it's "quick star manual", gonna be translating for you guys soon.

SAMPLE & HOLD / QUANTIZER:

More infos soon.

RING MODULATOR:

More infos soon.

MIDI2CV:

More infos soon.

DUAL 4 INPUTS MIXER:

FORMAT CONVERTER:

Still missing the filters and ADSR modules pics. Gonna be updating this thread constantly with more info about the gear. Stay tuned!

Last edited by pointsource on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's a pretty big way to enter the market, full system all at once. Looks good thumbs up

BTW, the Aether Oscillator image is broken.

a sun spinning backwards lp/cd/digital | soundcloud | antisound.net
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

stk wrote:
Wow, that's a pretty big way to enter the market, full system all at once. Looks good thumbs up

BTW, the Aether Oscillator image is broken.

Fixed!! thumbs up

dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn.... That stuff has some killer features!
stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euro 'nanas! It's peanut butter jelly time!

a sun spinning backwards lp/cd/digital | soundcloud | antisound.net
mystico
4 million volt wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

w00t This is fun! Rasta-nana
mome rath
a dubious cube of margarine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lizard looks tasty

mome rath soundcloud
sgt. beefsteak mahoney soundcloud

Reese P. Dubin wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. As is often the case, all I need to do is publicly shame myself then take a break.
whitewulfe
Chaos beckons, I heed the call

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, those are sexy... Any chance at 5U versions? hyper
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: LIZARD Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LIZARD by Vbrazil systems

Introduction:

We can say that LIZARD is made of various modules integrated into one. It has a hybrid high performance VCO with several operation modes plus 8 VCLFO's totally analog.

VCLFO's:

LIZARD has 8 totally indenpendent VCLFO's. Each LFO has a signal output and a CV input for frequency control. It has a potenciometer to control the frequency and another one to control wave symmetry, allowing you to choose from negative saw to positive saw, passing thru triangle. Check the pics below:

The frequency of the LFO's goes from 0,01Hz (100 seconds) to 10Hz (0,1 seconds) when they are controlled using only the frequency potenciometers.

VCO LIZARD:

The sweeping oscillator is a high performance hybrid oscillator (analog/digital). It commands an analog selector wich "chooses" wich signal will be presented at the OUTPUT jack.

It has several modes/configurations of operation. The first configuration dictates how many STEPS it will work (4 or 8).

The second configuration dictates the source to be selected: LEVEL or LFO.

In LEVEL mode you can "draw" the waveform of the VCO using the LEVEL potenciometers, located above each LFO. This waveshape can have 4 or 8 segments, depending of how many STEPS you've chosen. Depending of the waveform that you've drew, the harmonic distribution varies radically, allowing a literally infinite number of timbres. The waveforms below were created using 8 STEPS:

In LFO mode, each LFO starts to be "sampled" in real time at it's respective step, creating a extremely rich "morphing wave" wich the sound cicle will be determined by the configuration of frequencies and symmetries of the LFO's, and it may take hours to change back to the same shape!!!

In this configuration, the LEVEL potenciometers will control the "participation" of each LFO in the "morphing wave". If 8 STEPS are chosen, all LFO's will be "sampled", and if 4 STEPS, only LFO's from 1 to 4 will be used, leaving LFO's 5 to 8 free to use in the modular system. And this doesn't neutralize the possibility to use the individual outputs of LFO's 1 to 4 in another aplications!!!!

SEQ / VCO mode:

The SEQ/VCO switch alters the frequency range of the main VCO, allowing to use it as a VCO (from 5Hz to 10KHz) or an analog step sequencer of 4 or 8 steps (20 seconds at 120Hz). If LEVEL mode is chosen, the CV's for each step are programmed by the LEVEL potenciometers. If LFO mode is chosen, the signal of each LFO will be presented at it's output at every step (check pic below):

WAVE mode

In WAVE mode, the first 4 steps will sample the signals presented at WAVE (1 to 4) inputs. If VCO mode is chosen, and you are feeding the wave inputs with a external VCO (aether oscillator for instance), the sonic possibilities are endless.

If SEQ mode is chosen, you can "lock" four external sequencers.

These are the VCO controls:

FREQ - frequency adjustment

FINE - fine frequency adjustment

FM - depth of frequency modulation

Inputs:

FM - frequency modulation (1V/oct)

CV - standard control voltage (1V/oct) 0~10Volts

HSYNC - hard sync

WAVE 1 to 4 - signal inputs

Ouputs:

OUTPUT - analog selector signal output

SQUARE - square ouput at the VCO frequency

Energy Consumption:

120mA @ +12volts / 60mA @ -12volts

Dimensions: Eurorack 57 HP (128,5mm x 289mm)

jenamu6
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow.......nana's

Me want.......

Any info on price/website/email?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jenamu6&search_type=&aq=f
My modular noises:
http://soundcloud.com/jenamu6
MechaSeb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here it's his website but i think it's still under construction. Anyway, haven't heard from Vinicius for a while and am really happy to see his new modules. I'm going to take an order as soon as he's ready.

Edit: better with the link

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jenamu6 wrote:
Wow.......nana's

Me want.......

Any info on price/website/email?

Nothing yet mate, this is a 1 man company, he does everything himself so, I think it will may take a couple of months for him to have his site updated. I'll check with him and get back to you guys!

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: MULTI LFO Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MULTI LFO by VBrazil Systems

MultiLFO is a module composed of three LFO's (Voltage Controlled Low Frequency Oscillators).

LFO 2 and LFO3 are exactly the same and 100% analog. Each one got it's own CV input for modulation and a potenciometer for local control. The CV input has a Width potenciometer to control the depth of CV modulation. This way you can modulate one with another and a lot of other things. They also have a SYM knob to control the symmetry of the waveform, varying from negative saw to positive, passing thru triangle. They also have a SQUARE output, wich is also affected by the symmetry knob, varying from a extremely narrow positive pulse to a negative pulse, very handy as a sync signal.

LFO 1

LFO 1 is an extremely powerful hybrid (analog/digital) LFO with 8 selectable waveforms, CV input, potenciometers, HSYNC input (with it's own characteristics), the main output and a NOISE output (with a peculiar distribution).

The controls are:

FREQ - LFO frequency

WAVEFORM - switches between the 8 waveforms - POSITIVE SAW, NEGATIVE SAW, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, SINE, EXPONENTIAL, SPIKE, NOISE (with a different frequency distribution than the indenpendent noise output)

PHASE

The phase knob distorts all the waveforms pictured above (except noise), in the speed wich 50% of the wave proceeds. This way, for instance, if you choose a triangle wave, the phase knob will act like LFO's 1 and 2 SYM knob. Check the pic below to understand better this phase distortion (first line SINE, second line NEGATIVE SAW and third line TRIANGLE):

S&H RATE

LFO 1 got it's own Sample & Hold. This potenciometer controls the S&H frequency. When set to zero (full anti-clockwise), S&H is turned off. When used in the noise waveform, it generates a random sequence. When used in the other waveforms, it generates "stepped" waveforms, check below:

CV WIDTH - controls the depth of CV modulation

SYNC MODE - this is a handy control. It dictates if the HSYNC input is ignored, if it affects only the LFO or the S&H or both!!! If you want to sync the S&H with a external clock, you only need to set the S&H rate slower than the external clock and that's it!! External sync to S&H! T

More infos soon!! The manual is incomplete, i think theres a few more tricks.

CF3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice lookin modules..... and that Lizard is woah
Are these going to be sold thru a US distributor?(AH, BigCity, etc...) ???

blz
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah the lizard looks like the sex MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

perhaps a ballpark price on that fine item?

and am i correct in thinking the lfo can pull off analog shift register style cv

http://waveformcity.blogspot.com/

I beat my brain tumor that makes me indestructible right???
pulse_divider
triangletooth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems like cool things are coming out of Brazil lately between this and the EMW stuff!
whitewulfe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My my, those are delicious and tasty looking, could almost get someone to switch formats o_O
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CF3 wrote:
Nice lookin modules..... and that Lizard is woah
Are these going to be sold thru a US distributor?(AH, BigCity, etc...) ???

I will contact him about that, I really don't know mate. But certainly he want's to sell worldwide, that's for sure! I'll tell him about those resellers. I'll post here all the info I get from him. thumbs up

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pulse_divider wrote:
Seems like cool things are coming out of Brazil lately between this and the EMW stuff!

Certainly mate! I'm so excited about this! For us, brazilians, this is really great news, cause our customs are a ripoff. This is the worst country in the world to import electronics, we end up paying double of what you pay.

I end up giving up buying a lot of stuff, cause sometimes It's just not worth paying double, even if u have the money... But sometimes the GAS is so high that you end up going bankrupt for some time lol

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Greetings,

I'm the original instigator behind this.

I'm originally a guitarist (in real life, I'm a bureaucrat, who spends his days stamping things; but in my youth, about two decades or so ago, played in various post-punk and avant garde bands, making the most horrible noise) who, recently, became curious about the bunch of wires and patches and all things analogue, which I still am attempting to come to grips with, but seems terribly fun.

Vinicius, the madcap behind these slick black panels, I got to know a few years ago. He said he could build a basic system if I could come up with the initial $$$, which I did. And as for the last two years, he has been working his sorry arse off creating these eurorack modules (at the moment, unfortunately, there will be only Euro) from the darkness of his lab, located in the outskirts of Rio. He's quite excited by this, having received a few commissions for individual modules and, recently, for any entire system (I believe it was by our fine member, from Porto Alegre, who has kindly opened this thread). Although I'm far from an expert, I can guarantee all here that the PCBs he has designed are incredibly well-built, carefully crafted, using the best he can import and find (thus, as probably noticed, these are far from cheap little toys; all crated by hand, piece-by-piece, with hours and hours pondering about the design and concept of each module). Vinicius is a very experienced engineer and who has been working with audio for over 30 years; he has been brewing modules and analogue synths since the mid 70s. In sum, he not only knows his ball game, but excells in it. Brilliant fellow, amazing really.

At the present, I'm putting these modules together with some of the more popular stuff I can get my hands on (have a few well-known modules by Doepfer, WMD, Tip Top Audio and got a Maths and a Phonogene - have my eye, currently, on a few things by 4MS) and when ready, hopefully be able to scare all my neighbors....

As for sales in the US, Vinicius will only send these abroad after tested and re-tested. But, hopefully, they will hit Analogue Haven sometime this year. We're still seeing how to do this. And do this at competitive and decent prices.

Would like to thank everyone for their enthusiasm, especially to PointSource for opening this thread, and comments are more than welcome! Please don't feel coil to criticize or comment on the units.

cheers, w., the city of san sebastian.

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey smetak, what's up? Nice post!!! I'm sure that Vinicius's modules gonna be sucessful all around the world! He certainly deserves it.

By the way, I just got this new pic:

LOW PASS FILTER

Peake
I'm in ur DIY. Filling cases with Buchla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SlayerBadger!
lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hummmmmm, I think I know wich will be my next oscillator... SlayerBadger!
It sounds really great, Vinicius sent me some samples last year, heavy sound!!!!
Hey Brazilian felows: tamo junto!!!!
smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woe! Thanks for the picture!

As my late grandfather would say: "Barbaridade Tchê!"

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe that I forgot to add here the soundcloud demos!!!! Here they go:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/as1-demo8-sequencia3[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/as1-demo7-sequencia2[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/as1-demo6-sequencia1[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/as1-demo3-assobio[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/as1-demo5-singing-taikos[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/as1-demo1[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/ao-square-with-lfo-chronos16[  /s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/ao-pulsepwm-chronos16[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/ao-pwm-pelo-lfo[/s]

LIZARD:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/lizard1-lfos[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/lizard2-pots-exp[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/lizard3-pots-semitriangle[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/lizard4-pots-voicing[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/lizard5-pots-voicing2[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/vinicius-brazil/lizard6-rev-chorus[/s]

lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guinness ftw!
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sup slutz?

There was a delay in the production of my system cause the faceplates of the modules were defective, the ink started peeling off. Now he got a new manufacturer and things are almost done!!!

He sent me a couple of pics to calm me down, cause I'm going nuts here! I ordered the system in october, I'm dying to put my hands on it! lol

He said he's gonna send some more later, along with some new audio demos!

Only need to add the knobs now!

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The production of the faceplates is killing him! Very hard to get someone decent to do this here in Rio (and even in São Paulo!).

Curiously, the main components are ready to go - he received the PCBs about months ago - stacks and stacks of them - I saw the piles myself, a small fortune in PCBs alone. Thus, with the boards and components at hand, he can finish a module in no time. But the problem is the printing - this has always been a tremendous headache.

The faceplates were to be delivered before December by the supplier - but from what I know, they weren't, which drove Vinicius up the wall. I recall that he was especially worried about fulfilling your order, which would suffer somewhat of a delay because of the faceplates. Since I last spoke to him, the supplier is finally sending the plates in a rather uneven flow.

Time in Rio marches very, very slow. As an example, I went out to order a case for the modules in the only place that does this in Rio, far out in a distant suburb of the city (not a very nice place to be; somewhat akin to the baraka market in Mogadishu...). Had to go back and forth for weeks on end so they could get this right (countless screw ups here and there) - something that was suppose to have been completed in 15 days from my initial order took over four months to receive (!!!!). During this time, aside from my order with Vinicius, I bought various modules from Analogue Haven, which have been lying in a box ever since. A real pain in the arse. But there's nothing I can do but wait. And this has worried me quite a bit - I am to move permanently to Curitiba in the next few months and hopefully all modules (i.e., my order and yours) will be mounted and ready to make some noise.

Vinicius is always very prompt and careful with what he does; a very decent and professional fellow - but, unfortunately, he depends on third parties who are a bit too lax with time, a rather scare commodity here, in Rio - a village that is still living in the past, full of slackers who horse around at every opportunity.

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My heart can't take it anymore.... Almost there!!! I can feel it already in my arms...

Arranging the modules:

xtrmnt
Multiple spectrum scanning now engaged

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Omg wow!
whitewulfe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any word on pricing yet? Those banana ones are... tempting to say the least!
Monobass
thonk.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lizard seems really original! wish I could listen to the demos smile
xtrmnt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

smetak wrote:
The production of the faceplates is killing him! Very hard to get someone decent to do this here in Rio (and even in São Paulo!).

Curiously, the main components are ready to go - he received the PCBs about months ago - stacks and stacks of them - I saw the piles myself, a small fortune in PCBs alone. Thus, with the boards and components at hand, he can finish a module in no time. But the problem is the printing - this has always been a tremendous headache.

The faceplates were to be delivered before December by the supplier - but from what I know, they weren't, which drove Vinicius up the wall. I recall that he was especially worried about fulfilling your order, which would suffer somewhat of a delay because of the faceplates. Since I last spoke to him, the supplier is finally sending the plates in a rather uneven flow.

Time in Rio marches very, very slow. As an example, I went out to order a case for the modules in the only place that does this in Rio, far out in a distant suburb of the city (not a very nice place to be; somewhat akin to the baraka market in Mogadishu...). Had to go back and forth for weeks on end so they could get this right (countless screw ups here and there) - something that was suppose to have been completed in 15 days from my initial order took over four months to receive (!!!!). During this time, aside from my order with Vinicius, I bought various modules from Analogue Haven, which have been lying in a box ever since. A real pain in the arse. But there's nothing I can do but wait. And this has worried me quite a bit - I am to move permanently to Curitiba in the next few months and hopefully all modules (i.e., my order and yours) will be mounted and ready to make some noise.

Vinicius is always very prompt and careful with what he does; a very decent and professional fellow - but, unfortunately, he depends on third parties who are a bit too lax with time, a rather scare commodity here, in Rio - a village that is still living in the past, full of slackers who horse around at every opportunity.

If the faceplates are a problem, maybe Vinicius could offer up the Frontpanel Express files so a buyer could get the faceplates made themselves. It seems like this would really help the delays. thumbs up
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

xtrmnt wrote:
If the faceplates are a problem, maybe Vinicius could offer up the Frontpanel Express files so a buyer could get the faceplates made themselves. It seems like this would really help the delays. thumbs up

Man, that's a great idea, I'm gonna tell him that!!! thumbs up

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whitewulfe wrote:

Really don't know mate, he is rushing like crazy to finish my system and be able to move his business foward and attend other people!!

In fact, appart from the modular syste, he's finishing an analog step sequencer for me called "Chronos 32".

It has 32 steps, with knobs for each step and up to 4 indenpendent simultaneous sequences. You also can save the sequences.

And after he finishes all that, I want his effects units! He got a killer phaser and chorus modules, can't wait to test them too!!

xtrmnt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pointsource wrote:
whitewulfe wrote:

Really don't know mate, he is rushing like crazy to finish my system and be able to move his business foward and attend other people!!

In fact, appart from the modular syste, he's finishing an analog step sequencer for me called "Chronos 32".

It has 32 steps, with knobs for each step and up to 4 indenpendent simultaneous sequences. You also can save the sequences.

And after he finishes all that, I want his effects units! He got a killer phaser and chorus modules, can't wait to test them too!!

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

I'm blown away by all of his options and offerings. Vinicius will be a major player coming to an analogue haven near you. Guinness ftw!
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, Vinicius just sent me some audio demos of the oscillators after final calibration, only to make me more anxious!!

Can't wait to make a lot of videos and demos for you all!

I was having a hard time trying to post an audio attachment here, so I uploaded to my soundcloud account. The download is enabled for the mp3 file, cause soundcloud compression fucks up the sound.

***note that these sounds are only from the oscillators, no filters or vcas used!! He only applied a tad of reverb and delay to wide things out!

Aether Oscillator file description:

First Sequence - Sine Wave (note sequence generated by a stepped positive saw waveform from the oscillator's LFO into the cv input)

Second sequece - SAW Wave output

Third sequence - TRIANGLE Wave output

Fourth sequence - PULSE WAve output, with PWM knob tweaking

Fifth sequence - SUB SQUARE Wave output

Sixth sequence - Aleatory note playing gradualy adding oscillators until all 4 oscillators are playing together at different intervals.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/aether-oscillators[/s]

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This time only 2 OSC!

FM demo, the sound you hear is the output of only one OSC!

Aether Oscillators FM file description:

First segment: OSC 1 (sine) OSC 2 (triangle) modulated by OSC1

Second segment: you hear the PULSE wave output of one oscillator being modulated by the other.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/aether-oscillators-fm[/s]

xtrmnt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pointsource wrote:
Guys, Vinicius just sent me some audio demos of the oscillators after final calibration, only to make me more anxious!!

Can't wait to make a lot of videos and demos for you all!

I was having a hard time trying to post an audio attachment here, so I uploaded to my soundcloud account. The download is enabled for the mp3 file, cause soundcloud compression fucks up the sound.

***note that these sounds are only from the oscillators, no filters or vcas used!! He only applied a tad of reverb and delay to wide things out!

Aether Oscillator file description:

First Sequence - Sine Wave (note sequence generated by a stepped positive saw waveform from the oscillator's LFO into the cv input)

Second sequece - SAW Wave output

Third sequence - TRIANGLE Wave output

Fourth sequence - PULSE WAve output, with PWM knob tweaking

Fifth sequence - SUB SQUARE Wave output

Sixth sequence - Aleatory note playing gradualy adding oscillators until all 4 oscillators are playing together at different intervals.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/aether-oscillators[/s]

Love that sound!!!
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

xtrmnt wrote:

Love that sound!!!

Me too!

I'm so impressed with the sound quality!

And this is not even scratching the surface of the system...

Each oscillator has outputs for each waveform, plus two SUB ouputs (1 octave below and the other 2 octaves below).

With only one oscillator and a mixer you can create a huge variety of sounds!! And each oscillator got it's own dedicated LFO, wich can be used for self modulation or system modulation.

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One more demo, this time featuring the MultiPhaser module.

Note that it's a continuous note being fed into the input of the MultiPhaser, all the crazy modulations going on are made by this module.

Aether Oscillator into MultiPhaser:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/multiphaser-by-vbrazil-system[/s  ]

Guitar into MultiPhaser:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/guitar-into-multiphaser[/s]

Pads into MultiPhaser (first dry, then wet):

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/pads-into-multiphaser[/s]

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys! I just got an email from Vinicius regarding the "hybrid" factor. Someone asked how his oscillators works, and a lot of people, when read the word "hybrid vco" or whatever, thinks that the sound is digitaly generated. This is not the case. (I'm gonna try my best to translate this, maybe this will make sense to electronic engineers and stuff, cause I don't understand jargons):

"All the modules are made using 100% discrete parts, with the exception of the Multi LFO's (2 lfos are 100% analog, 1 is hybrid), LIZARD (all 8 LFO's are 100% analog, the VCO is hybrid) and the Aether Oscillators. The S&H and Quantizer also uses digital parts, it's the only way to do it.

The Aether Oscillator is a extremely powerful hybrid VCO, it generates 6 simultaneous waveforms: SINE / SAW / TRIANGLE / PULSE / SUB1 / SUB2.

The SUB1 outputs a square wave 1 octave below the one being played, and the SUB2 2 octaves.

Each OSC has it's own dedicated LFO, wich generates 8 selectable waveforms: PositiveSaw / NegativeSaw / Sine / Triangle / Square / Stepped PositiveSaw / Stepped NegativeSaw / Stepped Triangle.

CV inputs are standard 0 - 10 volts / 1volt per octave

Aether Oscillator is a hybrid VCO.

Two major issues with 100% 1v/octave analog VCOs are the tuning instability and linearity. And those issues are not generated by the oscillator. They are generate by the linear/exponencial converter, basically made by a pair of transistors, using the exponencial transfer attribute of the ("base-emitter junction"???), wich is extremely temperature dependent. A lot of artifices are used to compensate this dependency. To avoid those deficiencies, the exponencial/linear conversor and time base of the Aether Oscillators are digital, but ALL the waveforms are analog generated.

The core of the oscillatores generates a protosaw, and from it, SAW and TRIANGLE are analog generated. The SINE wave is analog generated from the TRIANGLE.

Most of the modern synths have a frequency sample rate between 44.1kHz or 48kHz, and a few goes up to 96KHz.

For the real "analog experience", the real sample rate of the DSP (exponential/linear and time base core) is 500KHz!! 10 times more!!

As the dedicated LFO operates in the same manner, it's also digitaly implemented, allowing the generation of it's 8 waveforms."

I hope that elucidates the "hybrid" part...

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two very disturbed oscillators:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/two-disturbed-oscillators[/s]

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Señor PointSource,

Sexta que vem vou baixar lá e checar isso tudo pessoalmente - ao vivo e a cores.

até, w.

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

smetak wrote:
Señor PointSource,

Sexta que vem vou baixar lá e checar isso tudo pessoalmente - ao vivo e a cores.

até, w.

Irado!!! O meu, leva uma câmera e faz um vídeo pra gente postar aqui!!!!

All the best!!

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now presenting some LIZARD demos!!!!! Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo Rockin' Banana!

1st demo:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/lizard-seq-mode-level[/s]

1st segment:

LIZARD module in SEQUENCER + LEVEL mode (8 steps) modulating only one Aether Oscillator (via CV input) outputing a triangle wave.

2nd segment:

LIZARD module in SEQUENCER + LEVEL mode, but this time modulating the oscillator thru it's FM input. MIDI2CV output into OSC CV input, thus LIZARD is working as arpeggiator!!

2nd demo:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/lizard-seq-mode-lfos[/s]

LIZARD on SEQUENCER (8 steps) + LFO mode =Lizard's master output going into the CV input of only one Aether Oscillator, with some random knob adjustments.

1st segment: TRIANGLE wave

2nd segment: PULSE wave

3rd demo:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/lizard-vco-mode-wave[/s]

The true power of the LIZARD!

VCO mode + WAVE!!

1st segment:

SINE wave ouput of Aether Oscillator fed into WAVE1 input of Lizard, with some manual freq knob adustments. Lots of crazy timbres.

2nd segment:

Two more Aether Oscillators are fed into WAVE2 and WAVE3 inputs, also SINE waves.

Can you imagine using PULSE and SAW waves????

Download is enabled for the mp3 files.

[/img]

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tentar-lo-ei.

cheers, w.

(Did you receive my PMs? Did you get my e-mail? Drop me a line, B.!)

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOW PASS FILTER DEMOS: w00t

Aether Oscillator fed into LPF, with some freq and ressonance knob tweaking. This example showcase a bit of the ADSR generator as well.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/low-pass-filter-by-vbrazil[/s]

Self Oscillating LPF, ressonance at maximum, generating a pure sine wave.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/self-oscillating-lpf[/s]

Subtle difference between the 12 - 18 and 24 db outputs:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/low-pass-12db-18db-24db[/s]

Lizard modulating the LPF cutoff and Aether OSC:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/lpf-lizard[/s]

Some percussive sounds:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/lpf-24db-perc[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/lpf-24db-perc-2[/s]

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aether OSC being fed into LIZARD's WAVE 1 & 2 inputs, then into LPF:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/aether-osc-lizard-lpf[/s]

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

STATE VARIABLE FILTER nanners

Aether pulse output into BP filter, ADRS into CV1 and LIZARD LFO into CV2:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/statevariablevcf-2[/s]

Aether pulse output into State VCF, first HP, second LP and then BP.

Some ressonance tweaking.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/statevariablevcf[/s]

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BAND PASS FILTER OUTPUT:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/statevariablevcf-band-pass[/s]

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MORE STATE VARIABLE FILTER:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/statevariablevcf-3[/s]

Aether Pulse output into State Variable VCF.

1st : LPF + ADSR + LFO

2nd: LPF's cutoff being sweeped by LFO

3rd: BPF's cutoff being sweeped by LFO

4th: HPF's cutoff being sweeped by LFO

5th: BPF + ADSR + PWM modulated by LFO

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RING MODULATOR: hyper

[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/ring-modulator[/s]

1st segment:

Two Aether OSC outputing triangle waves into ring modulator. Random notes played in the keyboard, with some OSC freq knob tweaking.

2nd segment:

Aether oscillators being modulated by their own LFO's and fed into Ring Modulator

lightworks
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Muito bom!
O Lizard parece ser incrivel!
Parabéns malta!
smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grato pelo elogio - agora é rezar para o Vinicius terminar isso tudo o quanto antes.

O Lizard é paulada - é uma espécie de "sequeciador" (apesar de, no fundo, não ser um; tanto assim, que há um sequenciador de 32 steps em separado) que faz variações contínuas em cada sequência. É, realmente, muito interessante - criação única do Vinicius.

Agora, é rezar para que eu e o "pointsource" meta logo as mãos nisso - a espera está nos matando!

lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soooooo, is there a video already? hmmm.....

Have been talking with Vinicius and can´t wait to put my hands on one of his osc.

I asked him about the hybrid thing with the osc and he told me that the sound generated by the aether one doesn`t pass through digital path. the digital part is just to control the tune stability.

He told me that the aether osc will track 10 octaves with no noticeable drift. SlayerBadger!

And to make me more anxious, sent me today pdf manuals for the monsterdrone, Lizard and Multi LFO. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hum....video...yes. No doubt, there will be a video.

Hopefully, we'll get a video together for Youtube, ect. soon. I'm planning to have a video shot with my system, which will contain a few modules from other manufacturers (Doepfer, Make Noise, Tip Top, ES, etc.) as comparison with what he's doing.

But the video might take a while. He's furiously working, adding the final touches, to PointSource's system - because this is the first one, its taking a tad longer than expected; it should be finished and ready to ship in about a week or two.

With this done, I believe it will be faster for all future orders and, who knows, a video sooner than later.

lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

smetak wrote:
Hum....video...yes. No doubt, there will be a video.

Hopefully, we'll get a video together for Youtube, ect. soon. I'm planning to have a video shot with my system, which will contain a few modules from other manufacturers (Doepfer, Make Noise, Tip Top, ES, etc.) as comparison with what he's doing.

But the video might take a while. He's furiously working, adding the final touches, to PointSource's system - because this is the first one, its taking a tad longer than expected; it should be finished and ready to ship in about a week or two.

With this done, I believe it will be faster for all future orders and, who knows, a video sooner than later.

Hummmm, hope he finish it soon, I´m about to pull the trigger on a osc, and like what he showed me, the problem is that the gas level is increasing, I´m trying to resist but it´s becoming harder, rs help

Search for Mrlombrose on youtube and you`ll see a couple videos I did with my little system. Guinness ftw!
smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it won't take long for getting an oscillator from Vinicius - the PCBs are all up and ready, with the panels all nice and printed. The mounting is extremely quick, no big deal, just some screws and knobs and there, ready to go. I, myself, have been to his studio many times and have seen everything stacked and ready to for mounting.

Once Pointsource's system is completed, he'll probably be able to ship any of the several modules he has designed in very short time.

I'm to drop him a line, later in the day, and ask when he will be able to ship the modules.

I'll keep you posted on this. cheers, w.

lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guinness ftw!
smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess you already spoke to him? But if not, I dropped him a line earlier today, while procrastinating at work.

He had a bit of a set back on something he's developing for another project, to another job he's doing, which was a bit urgent, but said he'll be finishing PS's system sometime next week.

I told him that before he starts on my system, he could patch up an oscillator or two and send it your way. He said he still can mount two extra Aethers before having to order more PCBs.

Thus, you'll probably have something in your hands before I do! Lucky!

lombrose
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That`s good news!!!!

w00t
matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow eek!
http://matttechmodulardemos.bandcamp.com/
INTERESTING EURORACK PATCHES:
http://matttechoffcuts.bandcamp.com/
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Smetak, Lombrose, sorry for taking so long to reply, but I'm so busy lately that I haven't had the time to sit and write something.

I just got the pic of my system and tears came to my eyes lol

On the bottom there's room for an ES-3, ES-5 and four gate expanders.

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pointsource wrote:
Smetak, Lombrose, sorry for taking so long to reply, but I'm so busy lately that I haven't had the time to sit and write something.

Muito mandado a cumprir, né? Hehehehe. Parabéns pelo sistema! Paulada!

Com isso, chegou, finalmente!, a minha vez!

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

smetak wrote:
pointsource wrote:

Muito mandado a cumprir, né? Hehehehe. Parabéns pelo sistema! Paulada!

Com isso, chegou, finalmente!, a minha vez!

Too many!!!

Some more pics:

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cabinet rear view, with ventilation, voltage selector, power switch and fuse:

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YEssssssssssss!!!

It's finally here!! IT exists, it's not a dream!! LOL

Can't believe it... After long 7 months waiting, my baby arrived!!

I'll be messing with it today and tomorrow, I belive that sunday I'll be uploading the first video, a brief introduction to the system and the first video demo of the oscillators in action, all in full HD, and I'll be recording in high sample rate for best fidelity and upload the wav files, no effects will be applied.

I'll try my best to showcase all the parameters of all modules, if you have any sugestions or a certain setup (patch) you want me to do, feel free to contact me.

I'll be opening a new thread for the videos.

Stay tuned!

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi!

I just wanted to say that I'm having the greatest time ever here with the modular system!!! I'm really impressed with the sound and build quality of the modules! I was able to get some really cool sounds out of it without applying any effects.

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna start recording!

First video: The Aether Oscillators

And I think I'm gonna have to order more patch cables lol, I have a lot of cables here but most of them are longer than I thought I would need.

I'm addicted to this thing, I haven't slept properly last night and today I spent almost the whole day in front of the system, my neck, back and arms hurts! Patching is really fun, but also makes you get tired quick! I guess I'll have to go to the gym everyday now instead of 3x a weel lol

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, where are the sounds?!?!?!?!

Very anxious!!!!! Very anxious indeed!!!!

pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi!!

The video is ready and uploading! But it's damned big! Almost 3GB, it's been 3 or 4 hours since I started uploading it to youtube, it's at 30% now... I guess I'll have to leave it on all night long.

I recorded to my daw the audio that I've put over the video, I'll be uploading the WAV files tomorrow for you guys to download.

smetak
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parfait!
pointsource
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have opened a new thread, I posted the video at the Eurorack Modules section of the forum. thumbs up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 8

Jump to: