MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wiard 1200 discontinued?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Wiard 1200 discontinued?
panda30y
I'm new to frac format, and I'm wondering if Wiard has completely discontinued the 1200 series? I know they still have it up on their website, but I don't know if it's current.
parasitk
As far as I know Wiard hasn't made 1200 for some time now.
scozbor
i assume they are discontinued. I have tried to order a few times now. no response at all. sad
panda30y
That's unfortunate...
I've always gotten that feeling from comments from others on this forum, and I noticed mono-poly was looking for some stuff as well. I personally don't care if they are blue faced myself as I don't have other blue wiard modules, but I would like to get a few modules myself. Particularly if they ever made a 1200 series oscillator. I might have to post a wtb thread on the buy/sell forum.
parasitk
panda30y wrote:
That's unfortunate...
I've always gotten that feeling from comments from others on this forum, and I noticed mono-poly was looking for some stuff as well. I personally don't care if they are blue faced myself as I don't have other blue wiard modules, but I would like to get a few modules myself. Particularly if they ever made a 1200 series oscillator. I might have to post a wtb thread on the buy/sell forum.

AFAIK the only 1200 modules were the JAG, Joystick, Noise Ring, Boogie, and Borg. No oscillator unfortunately.

Some 1200 are being made for Euro now (Malekko has Boogie and Borg with rumor of the Noise Ring), but the Wiard Yahoo Group has been absolutely silent regarding questions about someone else bringing them back to Frac. I'd love it if someone got on that already!
panda30y
Perhaps we can get a vote for how many people would be interested in frac filters to show that there is an interest for new wiard 1200 modules. I for one would buy definitely buy a couple borg filters in frac. I think I remember Malekko saying that he would consider making it in Frac.
Muff Wiggler
Parasitk is correct, the 1200 series modules were JAG, Joystick, Noise Ring (2 different revs were produced), Boogie (2 revs as well) and Borg II.

You can also 'sort of' count the Blacet MiniWave, which is a frac (ie. '1200 series') adaptation of the Wiard 300 Series Waveform City module.

Unlike the 300 series modules, most of the 1200 series modules have engraved faceplates, as opposed to silk-screened (300 series). The exceptions are the black versions of the joystick and JAG, which are silkscreened, all other 1200 series modules are engraved. Comparing the two side-by-side, the engraved panels are LUSCIOUS.

(Re. 300 series being all silk-screened: "New Filters", "Borg II Filters" and "Boogie Filters" are exceptions, as is the "New Controller" module. These are all engraved)

The 1200 series modules are still listed on the Wiard website as available, the only change in recent times has been the removal of the option to order them in blue. I have one of each in both Blue and Black (latest revs) and the modules are identical other than the faceplate.

The Wiard website has not been updated in a long time, however Grant has made no comment regarding an availability change or discontinuation of the products. When the blue 1200-series modules were discontinued, he made an announcement immediately, and updated the website immediately.

I hear a lot of comments from people saying they have been trying to get them (and I do know of some who have had orders cancelled), but have you guys called Grant? In abscence of any announcement or changed website, he's the only person who can really comment on the status - and it is important to realize that the only way to order modules from him is to pick up the phone and call him! I think he has a paypal link on his page, however I do get the impression that he has far more orders than time, and I think the only way to determine if he has production available is to talk to him.

Anyway, just sayin'. I do get the impression (based on people with cancelled orders etc) that his production is slowing down, and the fact that other small format 'licensed' Wiard modules are starting to come from other manufacturers does make one concerned about availability - but I dunno! Give Grant a call. I've made a number of purchases from him over about 4-5 years now, and in every case I have had to wait longer than what the 'scene average' seems to be, but in all cases I got my orders, Grant was VERY upfont about the timeline, was always super awesome to talk to, and always made it clear that I could get a refund at any moment if I changed my mind or was tired of the wait. Anyway in all cases it was more than worth it, and I would gladly wait 2, 3, 4, whatever times longer for stuff from him. It's the absolute best in my opinion.
panda30y
Thanks for the reply Muff, I was hoping for your reply as you seem to be the president of the Wiard Fan Club for your forum. hihi

I'll try to give Grant a call tomorrow or Tuesday depending on my schedule to see. I'll let everyone know if I get in touch. Thanks.
scozbor
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4990
Muff Wiggler
panda30y wrote:
Thanks for the reply Muff, I was hoping for your reply as you seem to be the president of the Wiard Fan Club for your forum

i always thought it was plord! oops

i am pretty wacky for wiard though, love it so much

good luck!
ignatius
i'd love a borg filter in frac. i'd have to banana-ize it but i'd love one.

check this post from the Wiard list for more info on Wiard and where Grant is at w/things. I would post it here but don't think that's kosher. It's a post from Grant that basically spells out how he has enough work for more than 2 years and isn't going to kill himself working 16 hours a day 7 days a week over a work bench w/a soldering iron because he's been doing it for 10+ years and wants to live a normal well rounded and healthy life. makes perfect sense to me but i think it puts a cloud on the idea of getting a bunch of frac wiard modules any time soon.. at least if you plan on getting them from Grant.

if you don't have a yahoo account or aren't a member of the wiard group i'm not sure if the link will work.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/wiardgroup/message/3587
parasitk
Didn't Grant cancel someone's Noise Ring order not too long ago? I got the impression he's really not into doing 1200 modules at all anymore. That said I really hope he licenses the 1200 stuff to a Frac manufacturer as he's done with Malekko! love
panda30y
OMG, I've read that for sale post a few times, and I always just missed scozbor specifying frac prototype. I think I'll still give Grant a phone call when I get the chance, but I can't wait to hear about futher developments from Malekko.
parasitk
panda30y wrote:
OMG, I've read that for sale post a few times, and I always just missed scozbor specifying frac prototype. I think I'll still give Grant a phone call when I get the chance, but I can't wait to hear about futher developments from Malekko.

Oh snap I missed that point as well! d'oh! hyper This is fun!
scozbor
eek! eek! eek! eek! INDEED
Moog$FooL$
we need Blacet to step in & offer kits for the 1200's!!!!

Drunken Homer Simpson
panda30y
Yes! Or maybe metalbox, it would be sweet to have a fellow michigan native making them, and Michael Ford would give us so many customizable options!
Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

what's this 'for sale' post? and 'protoype'?

scozbor is selling some Wiard prototype?

i'm confuz0r3d help
scozbor
haha no i asked if malekko was selling frac filters because he had wiard frac protos to play with. he said yes!

oh and i suggested to blacet that investigate 1200 kits about 2 months ago. no reply confused hihi
parasitk
Muff Wiggler wrote:
wait, what?

what's this 'for sale' post? and 'protoype'?

scozbor is selling some Wiard prototype?

i'm confuz0r3d help

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61458#61458

Read this, then the next post carefully. It totally didn't click with me the first 1000 times I read it!
K9Mike
I've been hoping that the silence is because Grant has been working on transitioning production of the 1200 series to some other Frac maker (Blacet). I figured it would be Blacet due to the similar situation with the miniwave and the obvious admiration / trust Grant has for John. I was also surmising that Blacet would create his own front panels, like the miniwave. This of course would take many many months (guessing 6+). As someone else mentioned, if Grant was just going to drop the line, it sure seems like he'd have said something already. I've also noticed that Blacet doesn't announce things unless he is very close to release.

Here's hoping... confused
plord
If Blacet is taking over any Wiard production, he must be on double secret probation around it, as he specifically denied it when I bought his used Boogie filter.

On the other hand, he sold me his used Boogie filter, so make of that what you will.
Malekko
parasitk wrote:
panda30y wrote:

Oh snap I missed that point as well! d'oh! hyper This is fun!

wait...so did I!! I got some frac Wiard modules and i was thinking about them...I'm sorry.

Okay, If there is enough interest i can do a run of frac. But if I did it i would like to make them just like the originals layout, except something subtle to distinguish them. Grant has already given me permission to do so, but i need to know i'll sell more than 5..so if there is enough interest i'll do a small run.

I will say this too...there are more Wiard modules (notice this is plural)
It may be easier to just get a single Euro case....i'm just sayin!

w00t
Roycie Roller
I'd get frac versions of the modules. Seeings all my DIY stuff is +/-15v, i'm reluctant to continue any further into Euro (i have only 2 Euro modules).
Plus, if i can get the filters from you in frac, i won't have to wait 2 years to get them from Grant in 300 format.
Muff Wiggler
ah, ok - thanks guys!

and OMG Malekko that's crazy exciting, I can't wait to see what the next modules will be hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3