MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Author Arturia MiniBrute Analog mono synth!!!
Kingnimrod
that's just a single arpeggio. No multitracking, no external effects, just straight into the board.

I was watching some youtube demos showing off its percussion capabilities and started tweaking.

Yes, it's a single oscillator synth, but the various wave shapes and all of the stuff going on in the LFO and arpeggiator section make it sound a lot bigger than "mini."
whitewulfe
Kingnimrod wrote:
that's just a single arpeggio. No multitracking, no external effects, just straight into the board.

...Uh oh, I might want two now lol SlayerBadger!
Klaus
Kingnimrod wrote:
The arpeggiator on this thing is fun. Here's a single arpeggio in the vein of classic Skinny Puppy:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/kingnimrod/minibrute-arpeggio[/s]

Hell yeah, makes me even more irritated that the arp lacks the trigger features, might have to look into finally getting a proper converter
BHC303
Really considering getting one of these... but I have too many mono's already lol but I want! & a SEM... think my analog poly will have to wait!
computer controlled
Seriously considering selling my 101 to get one of these.
BHC303
dont! the 101 is sick... I have thought of selling mine many times... I never will! I just have to listen to an extrawelt track if I'm thinking of selling lol
kvnvk
Kingnimrod wrote:
The arpeggiator on this thing is fun. Here's a single arpeggio in the vein of classic Skinny Puppy:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/kingnimrod/minibrute-arpeggio[/s]

very nice. thumbs up yesterday I was just messing around with the arp with swing settings and LFO on my Minibrute and getting some quite intricate and expressive results.

SlayerBadger!
th0mas
I've been patient but I REALLY NEED THIS NOW - I have a tentative gig in a month I wanted to do no-laptop, just mfb-522 + minibrute + sp303 + monotribe
jcn7
Well, unfortunately I had to sell mine to help go towards my property tax...anyway, all I can say is these units are fantastic! They sound great and has all the ins and outs that work all so well with modular gear.
computer controlled
BHC303 wrote:
dont! the 101 is sick... I have thought of selling mine many times... I never will! I just have to listen to an extrawelt track if I'm thinking of selling lol

While being one of my fave synths, the unique thing about the 101 is its sequencer. The sound itself isn't all that unique. Right now, i only use it as a controller for the modular. Now if it would ONLY throw out its portamento!!
Squigg
kvnvk wrote:
very nice. thumbs up yesterday I was just messing around with the arp with swing settings and LFO on my Minibrute and getting some quite intricate and expressive results.

SlayerBadger!

The arp/lfo combination on this little beast is fantastic. I can lose myself for hours tweaking the hell out of it.
artisokka
Ordered one! Should be here in 2-3 weeks...

While waiting, i´d like to see/hear more user experiences, demos and - basically - anything about this beast. Anyone? Do you still like yours?

How does it perform as a midi/cv -converter and/or as a master keyboard for a modular?
Hosaka
artisokka wrote:

While waiting, i´d like to see/hear more user experiences, demos and - basically - anything about this beast. Anyone? Do you still like yours?

How does it perform as a midi/cv -converter and/or as a master keyboard for a modular?

Can I ask where did you order from? Looking at Thomann (they should have some coming afaik) since finnish retailers dont seem to have it in the near future.
artisokka
Hosaka wrote:

Can I ask where did you order from? Looking at Thomann (they should have some coming afaik) since finnish retailers dont seem to have it in the near future.

Thomann. Another option would be DV247.
whitewulfe
Anyone hear any rumours for Canada lately?
numbertalk
Got an email from Novamusik. Said they're trying to work with Arturia and if they can get them a definite count they might be able to get some in by October or November. I cancelled my pre-order with them so hopefully someone waiting there will be able to get theirs sooner. Good luck.
thevegasnerve
artisokka wrote:

Have used my minibrute as a controller for my modular. No issues to date, seems to work fine. Of course you are generally limited to pitch and gate. But thats really just a bonus of the minibrute for me.

I think you will be real happy with it. Its really expressive, though it does seem to prefer to be a little grungy due to the waveshaping (metallizer) and brute factor. The aftertouch is a little sensitive but I heard others say you can program that feature. It has its own voice compared to moog, arp, etc..
D_Bowman
I'm really attracted to this synth and am tempted to buy it. However, over the past couple years I've ended up selling nearly every damned synth I've bought! My new rule is to actually play a synth before I buy it. Which means it'll be a long time before I buy the Brute...
complexmodulations
IMO this is some B.S. The Mini-Brute has some awesome features, like all the CV options, the arpeggiator, the parker FILTER, and the wave shaping capabilities, BUT where the hell is it? Noisebug originally claimed to have them on pre-order in late May, then when late May came around they bumped it to April, then when April came around they bumped it to June, no June, then July. Finally they quit changing the date. Its September for christ sake, where the f**k is it? I understand they probably didn't expect it to blow up like it did, but get with the program. If its not gonna be available until 2015 just tell us and cut out the B.S. Were shipping the brute, Yea F**kn' Right, shipping in quantities of 25 and 4000 have sold, how far is that stock gonna go?
whitewulfe
complexmodulations wrote:
IMO this is some B.S.

I'm going to venture a guess that because of all those features, and the insane amount of things packed into a 25 full sized key keyboard with an asking price of only $500 USD, that demand was insanely higher than Arturia ever imagined. A -lot- of people have been waiting impatiently for this to come out, and there are still people who originally pre-ordered a day or two after it was announced who still haven't received theirs.

I wouldn't doubt it if more came out - in the meantime, if the cash is really burning that large of a hole in your pocket, there are plenty of other wonderful things to put one's cash towards.
kvnvk
it's probably a combination of severely underestimating demand AND issues with the manufacturer. I seriously doubt there's a plant in China solely devoted to building nothing but Minibrutes.
complexmodulations
Hopefully it will be worth the wait. zombie
odecahedron
its a shame the consistent monthly date-slide is becoming almost expected now, i totally agree with the last 2 posts but arturia have risked some serious customer faith, as much due to what they're telling distributors regarding quantitites and eta's, more than the manufacturing itself.

i pre ordered mine march, still nothing, lost interest in July, sold pre-order, bought modules. the choice became easier each month the brute release slid back

maybe they should sell them as kits. lol
mhtones
So, I'm bummed. I am now minibruteless. When I received mine I had some triggering issues and the front faceplate had a nice scratch in the LFO section that was too deep for me to ignore on a new synth. So, I was holding on to the brute until MF restocked and they had agreed to swap with a replacement. Well, my return window was finally up and I had to return the minibrute or get stuck with this "defective" one. But, MF hasn't received their 2nd batches, so now I'm minibruteless. I'm not sure which is worse, waiting for it the first time or waiting for a replacement now that I've tasted its sweet honey. Dead Banana
loydb
Sweetwater charged my wife's CC for my minibrute on Monday. I have no idea what that means, as she hasn't received a shipping confirmation...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Page 53 of 71