MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Harder bass kick volca beats or tr-606?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Harder bass kick volca beats or tr-606?
thesnow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Harder bass kick volca beats or tr-606? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anyone tell which one has a stronger kick (unprocessed)? It's hard to tell through YouTube videos.

Anyone tried both?
sydilaxe
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both are very different. However, the Volca bass wins here I think. Those 606 hats and snare are special though.
rekem1000
I shall be Neu! Orbison

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Volca by a mile.
tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

volca
StoneLaw
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

plain 606 kick is like a clicky metrenome. a modded 606 can have a huge bassy kick BOOOM

EDIT: although even a modded 606 is 808ish, which may or not be 'strong' depending on your opinion.
thesnow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks all! You mean the volca BEATS right? It's the kick drum between the volca beats and tr-606 that I'm trying to find out about. But I am gathering here that the volca beats kick trumps the 606 kick.

sydilaxe wrote:
Both are very different. However, the Volca bass wins here I think. Those 606 hats and snare are special though.
KrisM
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, if this was a certain other forum, people would be trying to shout down the Volca as new trash while espousing the virtues of the 606 Dead Banana
minphase
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Volca beats bass drum is great; snare and hats are poor, snare sounds like a clipped sample to me (I know it's not -- it just sounds like one). Motion sequence capture is very cool.

On the whole, I'd rather have a 606, though. The Chewbacca Defense

FS/FT: Erica Acidbox, Blofeld Keys w sndbnks, Mackie UCPro, CZ1
meatcliff
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the volca covers some ground that I wished the 606 could cover (without modding)... especially with that kick. If you can come up with enough money to make the 606 even be an option, might as well throw down the extra hundred for a used volca. would make a great pair!
booksy
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll echo others here in saying that when it comes to just the kick the Volca might have the leg up. Having said that I think even the unmodded 606 kick is highly underrated - sure it's not going to do some boomy 808 sub bass, but with some eq or subtle effects it's very musical and useful.

On the whole I far prefer the 606, such a simple but great drum machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: