MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Noisering
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Malekko Heavy Industry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Noisering
slimenbones
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Noisering Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone is all about the noisering, generally consensus like that is worth checking out... But, i tend to use my doepfer quad lfo or an external metronome to clock things, and I have an a-118 for noise/random, so is it worth getting a noisering? What are some applications that it does really well?

Chugging Beers
matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well worth searching threads on this....there's been a load at various points, often with titles like "noisering or wogglebug" ...that type of thing
http://matttechmodulardemos.bandcamp.com/
INTERESTING EURORACK PATCHES:
http://matttechoffcuts.bandcamp.com/
rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

running the 1 and 2 outs to a jag x and y

running 1 or 2 to a quantizer then to oscillator pitch, clock out to an envelator gate in, envelator to vca, osc output to vca in

running 1 or 2 to various cv inputs

using it as a master clock into a divider

using it as a sound source, the clock out will give a square like output but 1 and 2 sound equally cool

theres so many uses for this thing, its one of those modules that are in every patch

reignbear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rico loverde wrote:

theres so many uses for this thing, its one of those modules that are in every patch

+1
before
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've wondered this same thing.

Wish there was some info online about "what it does"
seems as thought the links to the manuals are all broken
at least from the AH page.

forgive me if i'm wrong.
I have a wogglebug and love it.
But alas no noise
chvad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have one in the mail that'll arriving next week! w00t

i can post my "new device" experiments if you'd like. not promising good stuff but there will be stuff.

bsmith
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

super wicked for rotating rcd, or for modulating anything at all.
run audio (drums, radio, whatever) into chance input, crank the rate and start messing with chance and change.
clock it with an oscillator to use it as an oscillator.
have an attenuator handy for the noisering for sure.

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132443#132443

dreidrums
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It also does not help that Wiard/Malekko don't offer too much official info on their eurorack products....

I mean this is obviously overcome in such a small market anyway, and people uploading clips of personal use is sometimes better than the company doing the same, but ((((from strictly a business standpoint)))) I would never let the mystique of a product cause hesitation on a purchase.

Just my
rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

before wrote:
I've wondered this same thing.
there is a ton of info on this forum about what the noise ring does, bsmith gave a link thats great (one of many)

normally id search em out for ya but I'm not feeling so hot right now...

rico loverde
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dreidrums wrote:
It also does not help that Wiard/Malekko don't offer too much official info on their eurorack products....

I mean this is obviously overcome in such a small market anyway, and people uploading clips of personal use is sometimes better than the company doing the same, but ((((from strictly a business standpoint)))) I would never let the mystique of a product cause hesitation on a purchase.

Just my

watch what you say about malekko or his elite super force of ninjas will take you out. Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

on a serious note most of the modules are documented through the wiard site, as well as a ton of info here on the forum. a little searching goes along way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Malekko Heavy Industry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: