MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The CS VCO module -- VCO153
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author The CS VCO module -- VCO153
oldcrow
Final assembly proceding smoothly, if a bit slower than I like:

Orbless
looks great, I'm glad this has sine output, just looking at the Oakley 1U VCO is lacking a sine wave output
oldcrow
The CS-80 has saw, pulse and sine, therefore I have saw, pulse and sine. ;)

Note, however, if you want a triangle output I provide cable pads for it on the board. I built a section of the WSC IC in discrete form which includes a rectifier (for tri) and a piece-wise linear interpolator for sine. Thus you are really getting the IG00153 (VCO-III) and IG00158 (WSC) together.

Pads are provided for all jack signals, not just waveforms, FYI.
JohnLRice
Looks very cool!
cormallen
I can't believe I missed this when you first posted!

What a cool project. Any progress, and any ideas about an ETA?

Harry
oldcrow
There is a (smallish) delay in that I am not satisfied with the feel of the panel pot I chose for the fine tune control, so I am replacing them with one that responds in a manner I approve of. Otherwise, the module assembly is proceeding smoothly. I am expecting to be able to ship them around March 1st.
werock
Interesting layout having the small pots for fine tune & PWM. Hard to gauge how much room there is from the photos, but it's a cunning way of getting more features in.
werock
Orbless wrote:
looks great, I'm glad this has sine output, just looking at the Oakley 1U VCO is lacking a sine wave output

I do like the look of the octave switching system on the Oakley though.
pugix
werock wrote:
Interesting layout having the small pots for fine tune & PWM. Hard to gauge how much room there is from the photos, but it's a cunning way of getting more features in.

+1

Very neat way to add pots to a 5U panel. First time I've seen that.
oldcrow
The side pots are originally from a panel I had Larry Hendry make for me for my CS filter EG in 2002, which is also 1U. It needed five parameters (initial level, attack time, attack peak, decay level, release level) and I did not want to go to 2U for the sake of one pot.

I carried the idea over to the CS VCO prototype I made in 2004, except I added the lin/exp FM selector switch on request not long ago.

I had Larry drill MU panels for it as well, which I will offer as an option at some point.

Crow
/**/
3vcos
Interesting. So you have the pads for both through hole and surface mount resistors? Or was this pcb a conversion from thru hole to smt? Will it be available as a blank pcb?
oldcrow
I used my older TH layout and updated it with SMD/TH parts mainly due to convenience. If I sell bare boards, they'll be TH only.
MR-808
Put me down for one, maybe two, depending on cost. Do you have a waiting list? Need a deposit? Or are you doing this for Paul like the 480 & 485?
oldcrow
My through-hole boards for the VCO153 have arrived. I made these as a DIY option for those who were asking. There is an associated "jack board" that uses the Jack I/O header to simplify assembly as used on the SMT pre-assembled version, but point-to-point wiring pads are also provided.

Order details once I have the cart ready.

Crow
/**/
JohnLRice
Hi Scott,

What is the current status on the VCO? You mentioned in another thread you've already shipped a few? hyper
oldcrow
Hi John,

I am currently building these on a limited basis due to being busy with contract work. I can make a couple for you, however. They are $300 each.
Paypal or a check is fine. Let me know what you want to do.

Scott Rider
/**/
diophantine
Scott,

Would you be willing to sell PCBs for this? I'd love a couple, though in MU format, not MOTM.
mecanikill
I'd be interested in a mu version if you would make one.
oldcrow
I plan to offer an MU panel variant. I just have to get the actual MU panel made.

I will be offering bare boards as soon as I get a storefront up.

Scott Rider
/**/
oldenjon
Hi oldcrow.
Any word on the when the storefront will go up?
tonnu
i will be looking forward to mu for sure!!
synthetic
Scott, have you considered licensing your design to Studio Electronics or someone to create a polysynth based on your design? They already use your filter, right? A CS-80R would be frickin sweet...
oldcrow
I call my master plan the CSR-80. ;) I am building the last of my 5U VCOs so I can finally open the store. Working on an MU panel. And the GX1 resonator...

Crow
/**/
JohnLRice
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I still want one, just been in a money crunch and trying to do too much at once. cry
tonnu
any ETA on the MU? would really love one (or two, or three, or four!) lol Rockin' Banana! It's motherfucking bacon yo nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3