Happy Birthday to my Synth!

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Happy Birthday to my Synth!

Post by Muff Wiggler » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:18 pm

It's now been two years since the first parts of my synth arrived. Happy birthday!

Here's an old pic, I'm going to take some new ones soon. I'm waiting because we are going to celebrate the 2nd birthday by adding a third tower - which will already be almost full. Gotta order a new PSU and frac chassis, and pick up the rack frame, but the third tower (sporting 3.5 full racks!) will go up in a couple of weeks.

Bought myself a Metalbox Tube VCA for Xmas. It's on the way in the mail right now.

Currently, at two years old, there's 88 frac modules in my system. This is not counting my DIY modules, nor my Ad Infinitum 19" multiples, nor the Metasonix modules.

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Congrats! Lovely synth you have there-- Looking forward to your opinions of the Metalbox Tube Amp. I'd kinda like to DIY one of them from the PCBs over at CGS.

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:57 pm

wow that's lovely. i'm planning on getting 12u case after finishing off my 6u(almost done!). can't wait. then once i fill that i can start callin myself Muff Jr. just kidding :lol: :lol:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Happy birthday bigass monster in the basement machine! :)

I think I'm more jelous that you aren't in school and not moving so you have a permanent place that you can set up such a cool machine!
I wont be getting anymore modular gear for atleast a year :(

2 Time machines, the JAG's and Wiard stuff definitly make me drool 8)

Keep it growing :)

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:01 pm

zerosum wrote: I think I'm more jealous that you aren't in school and not moving so you have a permanent place that you can set up such a cool machine!
Gotta agree with you on that one!
I'm not too thrilled about the thought of lugging my new monitors and ref. amp around (both of which are way heavier than I expected, which from an audio standpoint is probably good). I can't wait to have a nice semi-permanent setup!

Oh-- and 100 posts! Woot.

synthetic
TASCAM Hero!

Post by synthetic » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 pm

My synth will have the same birthday -- I spent New Years Eve soldering MOTM oscillators while listening to the Electro-Music.com webcast really loud. Obviously the wife was out of town. :)

Your system looks like a lot of fun. Let's hear some music (child labor doesn't count). ;)

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Your system looks like a lot of fun. Let's hear some music (child labor doesn't count).
Here is what I added to his 4RG track last year.

Although I agree, more muff music would be enjoyed when time allows for it.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”