MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macbeth in euro !!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Macbeth in euro !!!!
noisesource
unless i'm reading this link wrong.

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/05/some-details-on-new-macbeth-m5 x.html

"For me, it's an exciting challenge and I can't wait for the result. There are still a crew out there who want the semi-modular approach, normalised jack sockets and all...so keep looking. Today- I hope to conclude a design for the 3U guys too"

ummm, yes please?!
sascha.victoria
BOOYA! That would be amazing! I agree about normalized jack sockets. For my style of working its aces.
amnesia
brilliant news!
Kent
Ken MacBeth,

If you read this, please make the Euro Modules in that blue color. It is wonderful.
wetterberg
so great! my god, perhaps this will even lead to - gasp! - *competition* in euro-land? Could it be that we - some day - may even see prices drop?!?
Roycie Roller
wetterberg wrote:
so great! my god, perhaps this will even lead to - gasp! - *competition* in euro-land? Could it be that we - some day - may even see prices drop?!?

I don't get why everything has to be *as cheap as possible*.
It always means short-cuts and cheap quality.
I'm all for Ken or anyone else raising the bar for quality in Euro rack, and if it means more expensive modules (which it will), then so be it.
We've all seen where short-cuts and shoddiness lead to, and as far as i'm concerned it's a one way street and does no good for anyone, let alone competition in the industry.
ignatzthemouse
Goodness....
wetterberg
Roycie Roller wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

dude, *i didn't say that!* eek!

*SOME* competition is great, man - keeps us on our toes.
Roycie Roller
wetterberg wrote:
Roycie Roller wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

dude, *i didn't say that!* eek!

*SOME* competition is great, man - keeps us on our toes.

I apologize, i didn't mean to direct those words at you personally.
I'm still a little raw from having all those ribbon cable adapters bust up on me when i put together some Euro kits (did i mention i hate Euro ribbon adapters?).
Competition is good, yes, but personally i'd like to see manufacturers aiming for the highest quality in their products, rather than trying to undercut their competitors.
Plus, a lot of work goes into putting modules together, and the prices should reflect that fairly.
Anyway, i'm way off topic now, i'll shut up.
wetterberg
I'm with ya man, quality first, most def, esp. with the lovely MacBeth products - i totally dig that we might be getting some lovely moog-type vibes in euro... that's so wild.
Gomonoa
Very cool! And yes, quality is important. If quality is good, i agree to pay a bit more, its worth it.
I started 8 months ago with modular, i think it was the best time to start with it. Now everywhere spreading new manufacturers and alot modules coming out. screaming goo yo
astroschnautzer
I`m quite unfamiliar with macbeth products, could somebody describe macbeth`s strong points, oscillators, filters etc?? bHow does it sound?
amnesia
all of the above, weak point the M5n was way too big to use for gigs
the bad producer
I agree with Kent and others:

+10 on blue panels!
8_)
wetterberg
funny, I want black panels, man... real slick like.
yes that blue is beautyfull
fluxmonkey
"3u"... could be euro OR frac, eh? did ken actually say euro anywhere? could i still hope for frac???
parasitk
fluxmonkey wrote:
"3u"... could be euro OR frac, eh? did ken actually say euro anywhere? could i still hope for frac???

Everyone knows 3U = Euro only these days! help

very frustrating
wetterberg
surely you're looking for the "complaints about eurorack forum" - it's down the hall to the right.
parasitk
wetterberg wrote:
surely you're looking for the "complaints about eurorack forum" - it's down the hall to the right.

razz
wetterberg
parasitk wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

razz
Hug
tonnu
why does competition automatically lead to lower prices?
competition leads to differentiation, and differentiation can be both in the form of price and quality, or some other niche.

sorry, but i just have to defend capitalism ....
wetterberg
tonnu wrote:
why does competition automatically lead to lower prices?
noone said that.
tonnu wrote:
competition leads to differentiation, and differentiation can be both in the form of price and quality, or some other niche.
yes. Noone said otherwise

tonnu wrote:
sorry, but i just have to defend capitalism ....
how is this a defense of capitalism? And can we leave it alone already? d'oh!
MrDys
Hooray. I'll be happy with whatever price Ken wants to charge, so long as they don't end up being 84HP panels.
wetterberg
MrDys wrote:
so long as they don't end up being 84HP panels.
hehe, I was just sitting here, clearly imagining something in the 30+ HP range...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9