MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

5u - Uk dealers or stockists?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author 5u - Uk dealers or stockists?
actionmusic2
Although there's a few Eurorack dealers over here, can't seem to find anyone who sells 5u. Is our only option personally importing? Fellow UK peeps please let me know.
sandyb
oakley for either diy or built modules via krisp1.

otherwise in the uk that's it afaik.

there are a few 5u people in europe. moon, cotk, mos lab and i've probably forgotten one or two others.
fsound
For the UK there is only Oakley. I say 'only', I have five of their modules and they are all fantastic, really well designed and thought out. Myself, I don't have the ability to build the kits so I get mine from Paul at Krisp1. He's really great to deal with, build quality cannot be faulted, and he usually delivers within a few days. Email him directly through the Krisp1 zen cart rather than going through the 'shopping cart' option.

http://www.krisp1.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8&zenid=ff a80tkpnv6fkotvkm5io78g33

For the rest of Europe I have so far come across Club of the Knobs (see very recent posts on here), Mos Lab (waiting time of 16 to 20 weeks), Moon of course, lots of news about them recently, and Curetronic. These last ones are based in Berlin and appear to be a bit of a mystery. I mailed them before Christmas about ordering a couple of things and they said they were revamping the stock or something, can't quite remember. Also, must mention Corsynth.
nerdware
Also the MacBeth Mk1 modules. Scotland is still in the UK, I think. hihi
Christopher Winkels
nerdware wrote:
Also the MacBeth Mk1 modules. Scotland is still in the UK, I think. hihi

At least until 2014. lol

As for other European manufacturers, there's also Corsynth in Spain. They're new but their initial offerings look very promising: http://corsynth.com/home/
actionmusic2
thanks for the info peeps x

so it seems there's no-one importing stuff for sale over here, and holding stock of modules, so maybe a gap for the Post Modular's of the UK. It always seems a bit of a gamble with import duties and delays when getting stuff from the USA.
The Hamburglar
I fully endorse dealing with Paul over at krisp1.com.
sandyb
actionmusic2 wrote:
thanks for the info peeps x

so it seems there's no-one importing stuff for sale over here, and holding stock of modules, so maybe a gap for the Post Modular's of the UK. It always seems a bit of a gamble with import duties and delays when getting stuff from the USA.

compared to euro the 5u market is pretty small i think.
i doubt, unless someone really had money to burn, it would be a viable economic proposition to do this unfortunately.
fsound
actionmusic2 wrote:
It always seems a bit of a gamble with import duties and delays when getting stuff from the USA.

Buying from .com is easy. They're a bit formal to deal with but you always know whats going on. Takes less than 2 weeks from first enquiry to receiving the goods, US to UK. Others are a bit hit and miss with delivery times, you just need patience, they always get it together eventually. Import Duty and VAT are set fees and you get invoiced.
Tom | KMR
Just to add to this, we've started doing some 5U bits at KMR Audio:

https://www.kmraudio.com/products/synthesizers/5u-modular

We've got a demo Moon system and stock of Free State, Dove Audio and much more smile
josaka
Corsynth - krisp1(+SSL) - synth-werk - mos lab - curetronic - dove Audio - Frequency central - Hordijk - Resynthesesis
All in EU/UK..

and KMR selling a few brands.. smile

Soundtronics, Oakley and Frequency central doing PCBs/kits
hamildad
started on 5U last year, Bought from Tom at KMR,

and Krisp1, Corsynth, COTK and Moon Directly

Good experiences with all of them.

There is also the EU sellers on the 5U for sale FB group and the BST forum here..

With customs fees from US, I think you just have to accept you'll take the hit on some of them and you'll miss others...

I've had a Carbon Sequencer sail through, whilst a synth T shirt end up costing double..
JohnLRice
Tom | KMR wrote:
Just to add to this, we've started doing some 5U bits at KMR Audio:

https://www.kmraudio.com/products/synthesizers/5u-modular

We've got a demo Moon system and stock of Free State, Dove Audio and much more smile
KMR is an excellent dealer! thumbs up I've purchased a few pro audio items from them that weren't available in the USA and they shipped fast and customer service was great. cool
m33pz0r
As stated above I would recommend KMR audio, they have great stuff.
Fivewire
Yep, I’m in the UK and have bought from Tom at KMR - excellent service, and Paul / Krisp1 too, also brilliant.
josaka
just a note on KMR...
KMR are and have been one of the UK(London based) big players in the mid > High end Studio market since at least the early nineties..bought quite a few things from there back in the day.. technics SV-3800 dat machine was one thing...around £1000 !
seychmar
+1 for KMR.
flipper16
+2 for KMR.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1