MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Mostly Wiard, All The Time.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Mostly Wiard, All The Time.
plord
Reposted from the General Gear post wherein I am blathering on about getting things wired up. No sound from her yet but all is powered and this morning I managed to get the monitors to stop picking up Radio Quebec so things are looking up.

I moved all of the Wiard into the big case; now only one empty slot. The empty slot might be a Cynare in 300 format from Metalbox; or I'll drop a frac Cynare and the other drum modules down into the slanted section on the right and use the remaining 300 slot for a catch-all utilities module. Something like two small mixers, a Dual log/lin VCA, pedal interface, VC clock, whatever fits smile

In the top left you can see the MAGIC OF ADONIZING! It's absolutely GUARANTEED to get you a color VAGUELY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD of what you wanted ALMOST 50% OF THE TIME!! (in certain dim lights, in vision impaired users, offer not valid in Estonia).

I moved the black modules into the long Frac row to make room for another MFOS stereo mixer in the bottom right vertical spot. Michael Ford of Metalbox is working on that for me, unlike it's smaller Euro cousin this one will have built in VCAs on each input. Up top is the FX lunchbox DIY project with Solina, Tau Pipe, Krautrock, and two Time Machines, none of it built, and a 1U slot for...I don't know yet.

Oh, and off to the left there is my little acid setup (cough). I'll bring up the real camera for some better shots later today.

qu.one
gorgeous... what is to the right of the modccan in your euro top row?
dogoftears
<the one> woah. </the one>
vasculator
2 777s! wow. that is an amazing setup. the best i've ever seen.
plord
qu.one wrote:
gorgeous... what is to the right of the modccan in your euro top row?

That's a Klee, using a modified version of Goik's panel. Here's a closeup:
fac
Is that a blue Mobius on the bottom right?
chamomileshark
Moved along nicely since the last set of pics smile
plord
fac wrote:
Is that a blue Mobius on the bottom right?

Yep, custom panel from Jeff Toman in the U.K.
qu.one
that klee panel is great.
rezzn8r
beautiful system ! SlayerBadger!
rico loverde
Drunken Homer Simpson would love to see some closeups of the wiard stuff, especially the panels you have had custom made for it.
bsmith
awesome klee!!!! awesome everything!!
that one pic of matthew's build in some thread (which I can't find now) with the green lights on the sliders was the first thing i saw of his that was like 'allright, dude is a badass'.
anadeji
beautiful system
carygrace
plord wrote:
In the top left you can see the MAGIC OF ADONIZING! It's absolutely GUARANTEED to get you a color VAGUELY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD of what you wanted ALMOST 50% OF THE TIME!! [size=9](in certain dim lights, in vision impaired users, offer not valid in Estonia).

Quite true. Very hard/bordering on impossible to match colours between batches. :-)

A couple notes though.

1. Grant informs me that the very dark one you have looks like one of the fifth anniversary special edition faceplates that was marked with lasers and needed to be anodised extremely heavily for the lasers to work (in other words, that's deliberate). It is a rare collector's item.

2. The faceplates I have in stock now all match the last batch, so a complete system ordered at this time will match ITSELF anyway (but when these faceplates are gone, they're gone).

Best wishes,
Cary
MN3005
carygrace wrote:

A couple notes though.

1. Grant informs me that the very dark one you have looks like one of the fifth anniversary special edition faceplates that was marked with lasers and needed to be anodised extremely heavily for the lasers to work (in other words, that's deliberate). It is a rare collector's item.

2. The faceplates I have in stock now all match the last batch, so a complete system ordered at this time will match ITSELF anyway (but when these faceplates are gone, they're gone).

Best wishes,
Cary

I'm pretty sure that's a custom DIY module
carygrace
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that's a custom DIY module[/quote]

Ah, yeah, you're right, looking at it closely it can't be one of the Borg modules Grant thought it was on the tiny laptop screen he saw it on. Oops!

There are some Borg filters lurking out there though that are that dark, and have laser printing instead of screen printing.

Blue from different sources is going to vary even more than different batches from the same vendor. The only choice you get is "blue". :-)
subterryanean
....dude.
plord
carygrace wrote:
plord wrote:
In the top left you can see the MAGIC OF ADONIZING! It's absolutely GUARANTEED to get you a color VAGUELY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD of what you wanted ALMOST 50% OF THE TIME!! [size=9](in certain dim lights, in vision impaired users, offer not valid in Estonia).

Quite true. Very hard/bordering on impossible to match colours between batches. :-)

Oh jeez Cary, I should have been more specific or provided closeups.

All of the actual Wiard modules I have are very, very close in color.

All of the questionable colors came from Front Panel Express for my DIY modules in 300 format.

So the problem is in Seattle, not Milwaukee! smile
numan7
woah what a beautiful blue system you've got there! thumbs up

cheers
carygrace
plord wrote:

Oh jeez Cary, I should have been more specific or provided closeups.

All of the actual Wiard modules I have are very, very close in color.

All of the questionable colors came from Front Panel Express for my DIY modules in 300 format.

So the problem is in Seattle

That explains it. Yeah, the Front Panel Express blue is really dark in comparison to the typical range of 300 modules and has a different type of finish as well. No worries, no offense taken! :-)

plord wrote:
not Milwaukee! smile

"Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting enough cheese, and reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot,
it could only be worse in Milwaukee."
--Ken Nordine, "Deteriorata"

Woggle Bug!
chamomileshark
Mine are only slightly diferent blues despite being at least 4 or 5 vintages. The only one that looks clearly different is the new controller.

Actually I quite like the idea of them being slightly darker, gives each module it's own individual visual character.
Fnord
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

nice setup.
Entrainer
Absolutely stunning!

thou shall not covet, thou shall not covet, thou shall not covet
subterryanean
What is all actually in your 300 set-up? Wiard and custom?
By the way, I really like that old video of yours on outube of your guitar rig, having a loop volume knob is a great idea, although I would imagine it'd be a headache to set that up live.
plord
subterryanean wrote:
What is all actually in your 300 set-up? Wiard and custom?

Stock Wiard 300:
* New controller
* 2 x Sequantizer
* 2 x WoggleBug
* 2 x Classic VCO
* 1 x Waveform City (With Cary Roberts' MiniROM, 32 banks of 64 waves from the PPG. Many thanks to Cary and Jason Proctor for making that ROM possible and to Cary for installing it into the WFC)
* 2 x Envelator
* 2 x Mixolator
* Omni Filter
* Borg 1 Filters
* Dual Boogie HP/LP filters
* Dual Borg II filters

Frac:
* Metalbox Pulse Divider and Logic
* Metalbox Gated Comparator
* Metalbox Dual Wasp Filters
* Metalbox ADSR
* Metalbox 8008 kick drum
* Metalbox Dual drum
* Metalbox Dual chime
* Metalbox matrix mixer
* 2 x Bugbrand touchplate sequencer
* Oakley COTA filter (blue Frac build by Paul "krisp1" Darlow)
* Oakley Lag (stock, krisp1)
* 2 x Blacet 1U mixer
* 3 x Blacet Splitter
* 2 x Blacet micro LFO
* 2 x Blacet dual lin VCA
and coming soon: Metalbox Cynare, and Blacet Binary Zone, Super VCA, and 4 more DLVCA.

Custom/DIY, all 300 format unless indicated:
* Cyndustries dual Zeroscillator.
* Flame Clockwork and CGS Gate Sequencer, my panel design, built by Metalbox.
* CGS Wave Multiplier, built by Metalbox straight up, including the Wiard-style aluminum shield box and DIN power connector, it is a thing of beauty.
* Quad MOTM-700 VC Switch (two of Paul's PCBs), my panel and one of my few successful from-scratch builds.
* Dual Blacet Binary Zone, my panel design and "build."
* Dual Blacet Miniwave and CGS Analog Shift Register, my panel design and builds, both MW have Scale Quantizer ROMs, one has the Socket Rocket in slot B and the other has the Vowels ROM.
* Quad MFOS Quantizer, my panel, Todd Fletcher build.
* Dual Fonik Attenuverting mixer, my panel, Todd Fletcher build.
* Quad Toppobrillo Buchla 281 Function Generator, my panel, Topp build it.
* Quad Thomas White Resonant LPG, my panel, Todd Fletcher build.
* 19" slider Klee, my panel and build but I screwed it up royally (it ran backwards!) so Todd Fletcher fixed it up and built a bombproof PCB bracket to go with my bomproof slider mounting daughter-panel.
* Future Retro Mobius, custom blue panel.
* 1U panel with 8 attenuators
* Coming soon: dual SynthTech E350 Morphing Terraria, my panel. Got the boards yesterday, panel still in the design phase but is attached for those of you with the FPD program loaded up.
* Coming soon: Metalbox-built custom MFOS stereo mixer with MFOS VCAs (dual log/lin boards) on every input, in an aluminum chassis, powered by an Elpac 15V wallwart to a DIN plug, with 2 aux sends, separate master and headphone outputs, and premium parts throughout. It should smoke the quality of any little Mackie or Soundcraft and will handle modular signal levels taboot.

There was 1U free in the big case-- I moved a panel with mults, jack converters and attenuators to the FX lunchbox-- so I dropped in that MPX-100 that nobody wanted to buy smile
Quote:
By the way, I really like that old video of yours on youtube of your guitar rig, having a loop volume knob is a great idea, although I would imagine it'd be a headache to set that up live.
Thanks, that particular noise has survived all of the changes to the rig smile Chasing gain structure issues throughout the entire rig is an ongoing quest of tiny tweaks. I play with a cleaner tone most of the time and don't want volume jumps even with the amp pushed, so it's an ongoing balancing act.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2