MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

always love Black Dice videos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author always love Black Dice videos
nickciontea
daverj
That was cool!
MrDys
I'm frankly very surprised that video survived the YouTube video compressor of death.
johnnywoods
slightly de-railing here... but I think the YouTube compression does a lot more damage if you are creating SD material (vs. HD). It looks like Black Dice used HD upscaling on their analog bits, which in my experience, causes the compression performance to increase substantially. Also, for faster, strobier material, I've found that setting extra I-frames in your h264 helps.

Okay, sorry, that's for another thread. Back on topic: this video kicks ass (much like everything Black Dice put their hands on).

MrDys wrote:
I'm frankly very surprised that video survived the YouTube video compressor of death.
Eli
Been a black dice fan for years. Cool to see they are making vids.

Johnny,
Im about to try uploading a few things to youtube. Veerrry Strobey colorized stuff i made with the Sandin-Sippel IP in Owego. Im going to try some upscaling with HD and playing around with I frames and compare. I can post results in another thread.
barto
whats the process for scaling to HD? (probably a good topic for a new thread)
daverj
Something like Adobe After Effects will do it. But there are probably lots of cheaper programs to do it to.

If you have a decent video editing program you should be able to create a project for an HD video and then import a standard def video into it and have it upscale it on import, or scale it once imported.
nickciontea
rico loverde
there used to be a great video that was interview with them talking about what gear they used for their visuals and i cant seem to find it anymore..
nickciontea
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37453&highlight=blac k+dice
revmutt
nickciontea wrote:

I would like to have a "like" button for such occasions.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1