MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hello! + weird BoardWeevil vs. Cocolase experiment
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Hello! + weird BoardWeevil vs. Cocolase experiment
Mr. Sound Boy King
Hello! Long time lurker & 1st time poster:

My name is David + I co-operate an experimental electronics netlabel called Immigrant Breast Nest (http://www.immigrantbreastnest.com) --- lots of free music to check out there...

On Friday, a BoardWeevil arrived in the mail + I've been messing around with it using some alligator clips + a Ciat-Lonbarde Cocolase Delay System (http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/cocolase/index.html) ---

By attaching the clips to the Cocolase oscillators + the BoardWeevil touchpads, I've been able to get some pretty nutty stuff going on.

In the clip, I did not touch the BoardWeevil at all, but used the Cocolase to modulate the BoardWeevil's beat.

http://www.badnoiseproductions.com/bug1.mp3

Holler!

David
KNYST
Cool setup. How do you like that Cocolase? Got any other Ciat-L gear?
Mr. Sound Boy King
KNYST wrote:
Cool setup. How do you like that Cocolase? Got any other Ciat-L gear?


I love the Cocolase. Craziest delay I've ever used... it's maybe less a delay and more a sound-wrecker. Flips, skips, loops, speeds-up, slows-down... just a nutty, nutty device. I've owned it for about two years & I'm still blown away by the stuff it can do... very deep box with endless possibilities.

Don't have any other Ciat stuff but will almost certainly end up with one of his Sidrassi Organs one day...
BugBrand
Awesome - thanks David!

Hey, can you post a pic of the two mating?
(if that's not too dirty!)
I'm really amazed that that's a Weevil-not-touched setup.
Mr. Sound Boy King
BugBrand wrote:
Awesome - thanks David!

Hey, can you post a pic of the two mating?
(if that's not too dirty!)
I'm really amazed that that's a Weevil-not-touched setup.


The sample I posted was just Weevil + Cocolase, but I'm onto something much weirder now. Machinedrum GND-IMP machines zap Weevil with tempo information / modulate speed of Cocolase delay. Clips from the Cocolase can also be attached to the Weevil touch-pads for the kind of madness heard in the original post above...

This set-up is completely nuts!!!

DEMO: http://www.badnoiseproductions.com/qed.mp3

Uncopyrightable
Holy Crap!

(hides)
Mr. Sound Boy King
I got the Cocolase three years ago or so before Peter stopped making them. I hope he starts up again b/c they are really crazy / awesome boxes & I wish more people had them!
Mr. Sound Boy King
sungja wrote:
Mr. Sound Boy King wrote:
I got the Cocolase three years ago or so before Peter stopped making them. I hope he starts up again b/c they are really crazy / awesome boxes & I wish more people had them!


I got the Sidrassi but want something that can play itself.

I`ve seen some videos of the Cocolase system on youtube and I was blown away. I never heard anything doing that kind of sounds.

I sent Peter an email yesterday cause I have some issues with my Sidrassi and asked him about other instruments, he told me there will be a Cocolase/Stuber combo later this fall and also a new one called Tetrazzi.

I need some serious cash soon. hmmm.....

Anyone got a Cocolase for sale contact me!

.


Sweet. Found this on Peter's site:

http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/wiki.pl?Tetrazzi_Organ

Can't wait to see / hear what it can do.
webb
The cocolase is an awesome device. My device is probably the one you see in the video that is housed in a black case with clear plexiglass panel with banana jacks. I still haven't scratched the surface. Mr Sound. that last track with the machinedrum was TITS!
opsysbug
Yaaa Coco.
I love mine. I think Peter sings into his somewhere on his site.
I'll be bringing coco to NY muff gathering this month if anyone
wants to play ! I also have Duber (earlier version of Stuber)-it's a great
filter that can be modulated byy clipper clips-crazy !!
opsysbug
Oh yea...and MR. Bugs I'm beggin' ya ! Buy a factory in Detroit so I
can start my Bugs modular system soon !! Got a WSO used on Muff-very cool. Plays well with Weevil !! applause
blue_lu
webb wrote:
The cocolase is an awesome device. My device is probably the one you see in the video that is housed in a black case with clear plexiglass panel with banana jacks. I still haven't scratched the surface. Mr Sound. that last track with the machinedrum was TITS!


hey webb - did you rehouse it or did it come like that in plexi-case? I thought peter only does wood enclosures?!
panda30y
opsysbug wrote:
Oh yea...and MR. Bugs I'm beggin' ya ! Buy a factory in Detroit so I
can start my Bugs modular system soon !! Got a WSO used on Muff-very cool. Plays well with Weevil !! applause


Buy a factory in Detroit and I'll help build them! It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group