MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Another midiDAC question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Another midiDAC question
negate
Hi folks.

Is the slide/glide presented on the legato jack or the pitch output jack? seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks.
Synthbuilder
negate wrote:
Is the slide/glide presented on the legato jack or the pitch output jack?

The pitch output will produce a slewed CV (ie. a glide in pitch) if the slide time pot is turned up and one of the following happens:

1. The slide switch is turned on.

2. The slide switch is turned to 'auto' and two notes are played in legato fashion.

The legato output is a gate style output. It normally sits at 0V. However, it goes to +5V when two or more notes are played together.

Tony
negate
Hi, thanks.

So the legato out would be used for external gated slew or similar applications?

I haven't ordered one yet, do the schematics include the info how to add a bypass switch for slide (the manual mentions that)?

Cheers.
Synthbuilder
negate wrote:
So the legato out would be used for external gated slew or similar applications?

Yes that was the intended use of it. I wonder whether anyone has done anything else with it.

negate wrote:
do the schematics include the info how to add a bypass switch for slide (the manual mentions that)?

No, the schematic are just the schematics for the PCB.

However, a bypass switch could be added so that it shorts out the slide pot's terminals when switched on - a bit like the Minimoog's and ARP2600's left hand controller's do.

The midiDAC also receives midi portamento messages so if your controller can send this midi message then the slide can be turned on and off with this control.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1