MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oakley SH-101 mods ever again?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Oakley SH-101 mods ever again?
hellohihowareyou
Any chance you'll ever do SH-101 mods again?

Have an old one I bought for $200 way back and don't give a shit about the "investment."
you kids get off my lawn

If not, can anyone suggest someone still doing proper 101 mods? The only ones I see are circuitbenders.co.uk and their mod selection seems a bit limited.
computer controlled
I think that's all there is. Maybe the A.Sol mods are still available. I did the circuit benders LFO mod. Really like it.
wavecircle
I think circuitbenders offer the complete nova mod now. The full package seems pretty extensive.
hellohihowareyou
Hmm yes the mods certainly look quite a big more extensive than I thought. I'll get in touch with them. The only thing I'd like to see added are individual waveform outputs. They are very easy to locate on the pcb so I suppose I could always do them myself.

Thanks for the quick response, guys! w00t
Synthbuilder

I still do the Oakley SH-101s from time to time. I don't tend to do the everything including the kitchen sink add ons. I think the SH-101 is one of the most wonderful of small synths. It's so wonderfully laid out and designed that it's almost impossible to make it sound bad. So I tend to recommend just a small sub set of what could be done to keep the front panel as minimal as possible.

The one pictured is a bit unusual in that it has a VCO CV input. That was not a trivial thing to add IIRC as the VCO summing node doesn't sit 0V. I do sometimes do a proper front panel for the add-ons but the customer was happy to have just the sticky labels for this one.

Tony
Seaweed Sound
computer controlled wrote:
I think that's all there is. Maybe the A.Sol mods are still available. I did the circuit benders LFO mod. Really like it.

Does that reset the LFO when you hit it with a trigger? I think that is also on hyperreal but the wording is kind of confusing.

Also Tony, isn't there a VCA click/thump reduction mod? Any info on how to do this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1