MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index MUFF WIGGLER
load & distance

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Convincing my guitarist pal to get some 5U in his life
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Convincing my guitarist pal to get some 5U in his life
tuanuibi
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Convincing my guitarist pal to get some 5U in his life Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Howdy guys,

I think I've successfully convinced my friend (guitarist) to get some modular gear in to his set up to integrate with his pedal board...
(It didn't take much convincing after running his guitar through my Megaohm Audio Delta VCF hihi )

He want's me to give him a proposed mini set up (10 units wide) and I've come up with the following:

Megaohm Audio Delta VCF
Groove Audio DUAL VC LFO/VCA
YuSynth Complete Sample and Hold (from Bridechamber)
Krisp1 built Oakley Deep Equinox Phaser (Krisp1 built)
Krisp1 built Oakley Mini Mix (Krisp1 built)
DotCom Instrument Interface

I'll build a pine case and the small dotcom portable supply should do the trick. I can also put together an 8 x true bypass switch, if he wants.

DIG/No good?

Anyone have some amazing ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor

Location: Tweed Manor, Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Given that guitarists usually have both hands busy you may want to recommend a Dotcom pedal interface and a couple of rocker pedals to modulate things like filter cutoff.
emc2
is banned
is banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moogerfoogers.
Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor

Location: Tweed Manor, Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with Moogerfoogers is that you're paying for a lot of duplication, particularly power supplies and enclosures. They're a good used buy though.
sempervirent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Christopher Winkels wrote:
Given that guitarists usually have both hands busy you may want to recommend a Dotcom pedal interface and a couple of rocker pedals to modulate things like filter cutoff.

The problem with Moogerfoogers is that you're paying for a lot of duplication, particularly power supplies and enclosures. They're a good used buy though.

Agreed on both points, and wanted to add that the Moog EP-2 would be a good candidate for a rocker pedal. Should be able to find them for about $20 used.
emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The DotCom Instrument Interface has a gate output that you might want to get an envelope generator for. Oakley's VCADSR has a useful looping function that can be set to loop whenever there's a gate signal. I'd think that would be pretty nice w/a guitar set up.

But remember, you can lead a guitarist to modular, but you can't make him wiggle!

scarymcclary
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was prodominantly a guitar player until I started playing with synthesizers. Then discovered modular madness.

Although I haven't checked out the instrument interface yet...may do so in the future.
SDC
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My prophet08 sounds raw as f**k through the instrument interface. Sometimes it sounds like a real guitar..
Awesome module.
tuanuibi
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sempervirent wrote:

Agreed on both points, and wanted to add that the Moog EP-2 would be a good candidate for a rocker pedal. Should be able to find them for about $20 used.

Agree on all of those points. We've got a bunch of the foogers between us already. They're great, but I don't think its a real match for a full 5U set up.

emdot_ambient wrote:
The DotCom Instrument Interface has a gate output that you might want to get an envelope generator for. Oakley's VCADSR has a useful looping function that can be set to loop whenever there's a gate signal. I'd think that would be pretty nice w/a guitar set up.

But remember, you can lead a guitarist to modular, but you can't make him wiggle!

Great idea. Might put that on the list (I wanted one anyway, so maybe I can steal it off him applause )

SDC wrote:
My prophet08 sounds raw as f**k through the instrument interface. Sometimes it sounds like a real guitar..
Awesome module.

Just what i wanted to hear! I'm wanting to get one for my crumar performer's Raw osc out.

Thanks again guys.

...we'll get him wiggling.

Bryan B
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Analog Craftsman will have the Gristleizer available at some point and that would be a lot of fun for Guitars I bet. LFO controlling either a VCA or VCF with different waveforms and CV control.

If Doug at SSL ever makes the 1U Sync LFO (slimmed down tap tempo), that would be a great fit as well for modulating all kinds of stuff.

The MoogerFoogers do make great Guitar friendly instruments. They are a bit on the expensive side but they treat the whole idea of a synth in a way that includes guitars. The combinations of things really make for unique treatment of sound giving some unexpected but exciting sounds.

JP wrote:
Hell I want to be able to turn my toaster on with a CV trigger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: