MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Video bridge?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Video bridge?
Matos
Forgive my ignorance, but I have a video bridge which is forever full, making sweet love to my eurocrack. I need another, and was trying to decipher the difference , benefit of the vOltage interface in comparison to the bridge. Who dares shed light on this great mystery?
johnnywoods
pretty simple: voltage interface 1 is a more fully featured version of 1/2 of voltage bridge. It's designed to take -5v-5v signals from other eurorack modules, and squeeze them into a 0-1v range for LZX purposes. It can also be used to attenuate or bias signals within the LZX system.

voltage interface 2 will do the same, but opposite, for more adjustable amplification of signals to wider voltage ranges.

although both are designed to help interface signals, they have other uses as well, including some really interesting waveshaping and clipping-based key effects on the VI2.

speaking of which, I haven;t seen VI2 on the LZX release schedule. I wonder if it was deemed unnecessary after the release of the Bridge?
lizlarsen
Quote:
speaking of which, I haven;t seen VI2 on the LZX release schedule. I wonder if it was deemed unnecessary after the release of the Bridge?

That's right, very low priority after the Bridge. In LZX, getting an incoming VCO tuned to exactly 0 to 100% brightness (0 to 1V) can be pretty important, and having a precise way to do that, with visual indicators, etc. is why the VI1 exists.

The primary use-case I can see for VI2 (over just using Bridge) right now is scaling outgoing voltages for vector rescanning -- and if that really is what most people will use it for, I'd rather do a proper "vector driver/output" type module someday instead. When going from LZX to audio modules, precise voltage range tuning is less critical than when going from audio modules to LZX modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1