MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
Critique my rig
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Critique my rig
30ohm
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Critique my rig Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey all,

I know these threads come up a lot but I'd love some feedback

As of a couple days from now this is my setup:
(mentally swap out the VCS with a mutamix)

The idea behind it being a synth and sequencing funbox to make sick minimal techno alongside my machinedrum.

I think for sequencing duties I'm pretty solid, I'd love to get a res4 when they are available again but aside from that am not sure what else might be useful. crossfades maybe? Again, would love some feedback.

Oh, and the bottom two rows are a goike boat, so there's some extra HP there not pictured.
exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like a ton of fun to me, but maybe you could use an optomix. That black knob borg is a little too fast for nice rounded LPG sounds, and you certainly have enough sounds sources to put through one. You could also use an attenuator also. Something small like a uAtt. uStep?
bouzoukijoe1
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

imho you have not funboxily sequenced until you have tried random and semi-random voltages into a phonogene.

seriously though, nice system.
reignbear
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+1 on the optomix (or some other flavor of multi-channel slo-pass gatez). i'd also maybe look into the azimuth for some fun stereo action. maybe a fonik mh01 or cvtools for some bi-polar cv mixing/attenuating. also maybe a sound of shadows? I really loved my sound of shadows + azimuth to really get some noisy swirly textures moving around.

really nice rig though, you could explore what you have there for a looong time. It's motherfucking bacon yo
Gribs
Ultra Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nice and well-rounded. Are you trying to keep it to the 12U there or thinking of growing larger? I would say anything to add and keep in the current rack depends on what you like to do. I like to play with different filters and cross-modulated oscillators so I would vote for adding a filter that can do other things. Maybe a Dr. Octature or a Corgo? Besides filtering, you can wave shape/fold the sine outs from the Corgo and go all sorts of extra places with that.
WaveRider
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nice system, what I would add...
...a fat 24db filter (maybe a Boogie) and an AntiOsc...

but it's not like you really need that, it's just what I would like in that rig

numan7
numan "sonic" seven

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

great choices - z8000 and rene are really, really great together!

cheers

sitting at the round metal coffee table, on the deck of my beach house, I cannot tell whether it will come inland or stay hovering over the waters; I know it is a storm cloud because of the lightning, extending to space and salt, exchanging energies." --ieaskul f. mobenthey Cthulhu
matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

great setup - i actually have 12 of those modules, so you seem to have similar tastes to me.

maybe take a look at this planner view of my latest setup and see if anything appeals:

the blank panels next to the E350/ cyclebox are their relative expanders

one of the blue lantern filters is actually the polvoks clone (the other is the diode)

there's also a few delay pedals, including the EHX Memory Boy Deluxe which takes CVs

i also have 2 DIY boxes that include 4 x 4 way multiples, 8 attenuators ....largely for distributing clocks and modulation routings

http://matttechmodulardemos.bandcamp.com/
INTERESTING EURORACK PATCHES:
http://matttechoffcuts.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by matttech on Tue May 15, 2012 6:17 am; edited 2 times in total
sixteen
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks killer, you cold have fun with that for years with out any thing else...

I assume you will populate it in a more sensible manor, A quantizer would be nice and some attenuation I think..

Good work
sixteen
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just spotted your quantizer...sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: