MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Congalgorithm (Malgorithm turns Conga into Swept Tone)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Congalgorithm (Malgorithm turns Conga into Swept Tone)
Kent

You may have to turn up the volume when I'm not talking.
sandyb
Kent wrote:

You may have to turn up the volume when I'm not talking.

and turn it off when you are??

sorry - couldn't resist twisted

nice video though SlayerBadger!
tony d
Nice and fucked !! Interesting rhythm you have going there. Did you do a proper rec. we could hear ?

Cool to finally see a little of the studio also.

Do you have any pics posted ?
Kent
Yeah cry that video is fuct.

I'm still toying with the new camera and am failing miserably. My Powerbook is so slow that I can't edit the video on this machine. I may have to turn to my MacBook Pro for that. I literally have to upload the videos to YouTube's compression algorithm, wait for that to fully process and then I can watch the videos that I shot... silly.
I tried shooting a bunch of different 'studio' things today and the backlighting from the outdoors really screws with my new Kodak Zi6. This sucks as I like the new layout of my room.

Here's a fresh shot of the almost complete studio rearrangement:

Muff Wiggler Studio Pr0n Thread.

Click on the "Dubble Wide" version for greater effect.

I'll record the drum thing and post it up here proper. Thanks for the kind words.
dkcg
Kent wrote:
Yeah cry that video is fuct.

I'm still toying with the new camera and am failing miserably. My Powerbook is so slow that I can't edit the video on this machine. I may have to turn to my MacBook Pro for that. I literally have to upload the videos to YouTube's compression algorithm, wait for that to fully process and then I can watch the videos that I shot... silly.
I tried shooting a bunch of different 'studio' things today and the backlighting from the outdoors really screws with my new Kodak Zi6. This sucks as I like the new layout of my room.

If you got quicktime pro you can export it as a flv movie and upload that instead of a quicktime. Processing time seems to be faster then since it's already in flash format.

and that is a very cool use of the magorythm!
tony d
Kent,

Your a fucker !! but seriously, please don't tell me the octopus was the thing you were referring to when you say "a rather large piece i am beta testing"
or else,

your a fucker, and i am an envious prick !!
dkcg
That fucker's had the octopus a little while now. I think it's another fucking thing....but now I'm curious.

Is it analog?
Does it make noise?
What is it Kent? You know NDAs never really mean anything... hihi
sascha.victoria
What is that box with banana jacks and colored knobs below the EuroRack just before the end of the video?
felix
Nice!

I had a wonderful session with the TS, Zorlon, Malgo, and Polivoks yesterday. The range of tonality imparted by the Malgo is really quite impressive, even before adding any voltage control.

I was in aliasing heaven. screaming goo yo
Reptil
dying to hear this twisted
was discussing this weekend with another modular freak what the malgorhythm is good for (IMO much more than just extra distortion trough clipping)

idea: stick the oudio of the modular into the audio input (stereo mini jack) of the camera? you don't have to edit or sync then.
added bonus to do comments through a vocoder w00t
Kent
dkcg wrote:

If you got quicktime pro you can export it as a flv movie and upload that instead of a quicktime. Processing time seems to be faster then since it's already in flash format.

and that is a very cool use of the magorythm!

Gracias, amigo. Well, I don't have QT Pro. I'll consider picking it up should I decide that I'd like to get more into making these little videos and such. I've got a copy of Final Cut, iDVD, & iMovie (all legit). Any thoughts on which is EASIER for a Cro-Magnon to use? Just for simple edits and synching picture to the audio will will be recorded Free-Wheel stylee via audio interface.
And thanks for the Malgo-props!

tony d wrote:
Kent,

Your a fucker !! but seriously, please don't tell me the octopus was the thing you were referring to when you say "a rather large piece i am beta testing"
or else, your a fucker, and i am an envious prick !!

Deal! I won't tell you that. I'm also quite happy that my status as "Muffer-fucker" is not contingent upon this information. It's taken me a while to get here. SlayerBadger!
P.S. it ain't the Octo.

dkcg wrote:
That fucker's had the octopus a little while now. I think it's another fucking thing....but now I'm curious.

Is it analog?
Does it make noise?
What is it Kent? You know NDAs never really mean anything... hihi

True Dat! This fuckface has had the Octo since early February. The beta-testing is actually next to the Octopus. The thing that is temporarily propped up on the wooden box and has the ribbon cables on it. It's analog & digital, doesn't make a single noise by itself but I will definitely adhere to some secrecy about this project. It should get its full product launch in September. It's one of the more exciting products for us in a good long time & that's about as much as I'll say about that.
Please note empty 2rU space above it where my Onyx 1200F used to live. To give it a new home, go to the Buy/Sell area. Open to offers! lol

sascha.victoria wrote:
What is that box with banana jacks and colored knobs below the EuroRack just before the end of the video?

Check it!

felix wrote:
Nice!

I had a wonderful session with the TS, Zorlon, Malgo, and Polivoks yesterday. The range of tonality imparted by the Malgo is really quite impressive, even before adding any voltage control.
I was in aliasing heaven.

Thank you, sir! It's all good product and fun tools for young lads. Loves me some Harvestman. Aliasing is the new 'Vactrol Lust'.

Reptil wrote:
dying to hear this twisted
was discussing this weekend with another modular freak what the malgorhythm is good for (IMO much more than just extra distortion trough clipping)

idea: stick the audio of the modular into the audio input (stereo mini jack) of the camera? you don't have to edit or sync then.
added bonus to do comments through a vocoder w00t

That's one of the bummers about the Kodak Zi6: No Audio Input cry Oh, well... I almost didn't buy it due to that, but wetterberg convinced me otherwise. I blame him. Hug

Here's the same beat with the A-189-1 VBM instead of the Malgorithm. Due to not having my studio fully wired (to the computer in this case) I can't drop the Malgo version right now.
Doepfer A-189-1 VBM version
Reptil
hey thanks for that.
the malgo sounds "creamier"?
(I'm ducking your voice over now with my BSS- so I can hear the sample a bit)
Kent
That's a good solution right there!

The thing about the Doepfer unit is that it has 16 different 'presets' from which you start. It's really quite complex. Check it out.

http://www.doepfer.de/a1891.htm

It's really hard to pin down what it sounds like. I do think that you are on to something (or on something...) with the statement that the Malgo sounds creamier. Well, until you hit certain Rectification plus Volvulus Modes. A couple of the Volvulus Modes are violent as hell.

Both are also excellent at mangling CV sources. They are so different from each other that I can easily justify having both in my system.
Reptil
eehmm

creamier as in thick acid foam stripping the flesh of an unfortunate soul fallen into the harvestman pit (malgo)
vs
cosmic radiation pounding, burning, penetrating through a crack in the Mars Lander module (doepfer a-189-1)

the doepfer sounds "dry" and the malgo "wet" to me hmmm, I know it doesn't make sense. that's my brain. it's normal. Guinness ftw!

I've decided for a Malgo in a couple of months.w00t
first feed the hungry tax monster without it biting a few of my fingers off. help
sandyb
Reptil wrote:
eehmm

creamier as in thick acid foam stripping the flesh of an unfortunate soul fallen into the harvestman pit (malgo)
vs
cosmic radiation pounding, burning, penetrating through a crack in the Mars Lander module (doepfer a-189-1)...

one of the best module sound descriptions i've read.
have a SlayerBadger! and one of these screaming goo yo too.
Kent
Yeah, he's nailed the gist of it!
Reptil
awww you're too kind smile
that's just the image those lovely distortions have produced in my mind BOOM! Lotsa Love Dead Banana
felix
I believe it's a lot of the bitwise operations going on in the Volvulus modes that gives the "creamier" sound. Modulating the top end (lowest value) of the Bit Depth can make even crazier PW kinds of sounds.

Just using the Malgo to Rectify some input (like a triangle wave) sounds awesome, especially with some amplitude modulation pre-Malgo input.

Certain Volvulus modes will also create self-oscillation, the pitch of which can be controlled by the Nyquist frequency. I think one of the modes requires no-input be plugged in, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

Also, audio rate modulation of the Nyquist frequency is fantastic! Mult a sine wave from your VCO into both the Maglo input and Nyquist CV in and tweak away. It does seem to prefer a sine wave as a mod source for the least "glitchy" response. Try slow PWM square wave for some really glitchy/retro computer type sounds. Oh, then hit the Volvulus modes and Rectification and listen to it explode.

The more I use the Malgo, the more impressed with it. I must admit to writing it off initially (I got it on a good deal, and wanted to round out the harvestman collection), but now I've really come to appreciate the wide range that it's capable of.
parasitk
Kent wrote:
"Muffer-fucker"

Kent, this HAS to be your custom rank text! SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1