MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bananalogue LPFA frac "junior"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author bananalogue LPFA frac "junior"
Bananalogue
hey guys, gonna give this one last shot - as i will always love frac and enjoy building for that format. i still have a good stack of arp 4075 pcbs left from the original run of bananalogue LPFA modules from a few years ago. id like to get them out there in the world instead of just sitting on a shelf in my workshop, but the module price seemed to be prohibitive. as such, ive redesigned it into a "junior" version using only 1.5" of frac panel space. this is a really high quality filter, so you cant beat it for filling in a random empty half space!

heres a little photoshop mockup of the planned junior edition and a comparison to the original lpfa from about 2005/2006

please PM me if you are interested, thanks
numan7
i would certainly like to get one if you make them!

cheers
solitaryzen
I might be interested too. How much will they be?
werock
I think $195 was mentioned in another thread...
Cat-A-Tonic
This self oscillates at high resonance, right?

If it tracks 1v/oct. as labelled,
it should be a nice sine-wave oscillator as well.
Quite the nice bonus feature for those interested.

I think I'm sorted for filters though.
Bananalogue
yup, tracks nicely over about four octaves when trimmed up. its a nice extra sine vco/lfo.

im shooting for $195, keeping it simple.
mamonu
looks great.
e-grad
Just curious. Does this filter uses the same pcb you're selling via ebay?
Bananalogue
e-grad wrote:
Just curious. Does this filter uses the same pcb you're selling via ebay?

it does indeed - you can pick up the bare board for $24, the stuffed one for $98 over there
e-grad
Thanks!
oozitron
I just recently finished my DIY VCF from this PCB... sounds great!

A little demo / test vid:
http://youtu.be/vfBdD_mmlTo

Drew
Bananalogue
thanks for the demo drew! do you mind if i re-post it?

heres an update on module pricing. if anyone from muffs board wants to order an LPFA Jr., ill offer them for $180 until March 21. after that ill post them for sale online at $195. (shipping not included)

best wishes!
seth
oozitron
Reposting is fine :-)

I wish I had a better way to record the audio; I have a very nice video camera but it has no direct audio in.

This VCF is going in a 6ux19" panel that will be my "mini 2600". Three of Fonik's 4046 VCOs, the 4075, Oakley ADSRs, and YuSynth & CGS for S/H, noise, Ring Mod, LFOs, etc. Will be summer before I can afford the time & $$$ to finish it though. Wish I could afford to have a machined panel and use sliders!

Drew
solitaryzen
Just curious if anyone else has ordered (& paid for) one of these.
mamonu
i am planning to in a months time when my finances are a bit better...
Bananalogue
just got a shipping update on the front panels - will post a pic of them when they arrive from the fabricator tomorrow morning
D/A A/D
Guinness ftw!
Bananalogue
Just got the panels from UPS, there was a little delay but they look great. Will try to get them built and shipped by Friday/Saturday[/img]. Thanks guys!

fracmonkey
Lovely!

Thanks for Frack'ng applause we're not worthy
Bananalogue
Shipping now! Please PM me if you are interested, before they hit ebay (saves us each some money instead of funneling it into ebay)

[/img]
ulv
I would love one!
dmitri
Can i get some PCBs please? like 10 or 15 for our workshop ? My PMs never make it out of my outbox for some reason.
dhamaryder
Hi Bananalogue, I PM'd you but haven't heard back so I don't know if it actually went through.
I'm interested in a stuffed board if you have any more. Please email me at this address:
smcmanaman@cinci.rr.com

thanks a lot,
steve
Ekofisk
FYI, when pms are in the outbox, it just means they haven't been opened by the recipient yet. That doesn't necessarily mean they're not being read, as many get email notifications of pms, and read the pms there, in the email.
Bananalogue
thanks guys, the last few modules and bare PCBs are on ebay now - when they are gone, they are gone!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2