MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Function Generator kits: missing control knobs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Function Generator kits: missing control knobs
lizlarsen
I've just discovered all the Sandin IP Function Generator kits we sent to Analogue Haven do not include the three control knobs. We're sending the missing knobs to AH tomorrow, but if you've already ordered a kit please get in touch with me so I can mail you the missing knobs directly. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience/confusion.
wcfields
No worries, I'll probably get the knobs in the mail before I even have chance to solder them up.
wcfields
Hey Lars,

On the IP Differentiator, I see there's a space for R29 that has no connection as marked in the schematics, but I also see a spot for C1 that isn't listed in the bill of materials but in the schematics as 2pF.

Was this dropped?

Also, the Jumpers, were these intended for a future cascade?
lizlarsen
You can populate R29 instead of R8 (both 499R) if you wanted to have two duplicate non-inverted outputs rather than an inverted and non-inverted output. Not really that useful as a population option, but it carried thru to the PCB layout.

The 2pF caps also are a population option we discovered wasn't necessary.

The jumpers and standoff-holes are for a situation in which you may want to wire the jacks and power connections rather than having boardmounted parts (IE, you had a fully DIY synth of some kind or an original Sandin IP you wanted to augment.)
wcfields
creatorlars wrote:

The 2pF caps also are a population option we discovered wasn't necessary.

Good to know, it's always a little disconcerting when putting together a PCB and have empty holes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1