MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VC-ADSR schematics?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author VC-ADSR schematics?
moogah
I'm working on a pair of these (fully upgraded, but I'm starting with the core circuit) and it's not working like it should. I'm sure I can get the problem figured out, but I don't seem to have a schematic in any of the documents here.. am I missing something obvious or should I have gotten a copy when I ordered?

Thanks It's motherfucking bacon yo
Synthbuilder
moogah wrote:
should I have gotten a copy when I ordered?

Yes.

If you ordered from me you should have received the schematic with your shipping confirmation as an attachment.

If you ordered from Paul you would normally get a web link to a protected schematic.

If you contact me via e-mail (not PM) and let me know your order number and board issue number I'll furnish you with a schematic.

One thing to remember the ADSR will not work without the Upgrade/Fourpot module plugged in or the jumpers fitted.

Tony
moogah
ahh yes, I've found the email smile

and if you've got a spare brain cycle or two to offer advice, this is what I'm observing on my module (issue4, r25 and 27 omitted, jumpers on a-d and s-r for now)

It simply "passes the gate through" to the output. A/D/S/R controls don't appear to have any effect (for the most part, see below) and putting it in loop mode results in a constant high output.

The mystery is that if I fiddle with the controls and switches it will sometimes behave like both the attack or decay knobs increase the attack time but only to a slowish attack, never any decay, sustain or release behaviors).. but even touching the knobless pot with my finger (or other currently unidentified parts of the circuit) will stop this behavior and it'll go back to "passing the gate through" until I fiddle with the controls again...

The LED appears to be operating normally.
Synthbuilder
moogah wrote:
The LED appears to be operating normally.

I'm not quite sure I understand this. Is it showing the correct behaviour of a properly working ADSR whilst the main output is not working? Or just showing correctly the wrong output behaviour?

Are your pots mounted to the board or by fly wires?

If the latter suspect the wiring to and from the pots. If the former then the 4052 could be bad. It's not a 74HC4052 is it?

Touching pots and having things happen is a bad sign. That suggests a problem with the grounding of the unit, ie. power supply wiring. Do you have ground (0V) wired up properly? If you are using the MOTM style supply then you have to both pin 2 and pin 3 connected to 0V.

Tony
moogah
Thanks for the quick reply! It def. keeps me from pulling *all* my hair out when I get stumped by something.

Turns out, as far as R18 is concerned, 1K <> 3M3 wink

I've got 2 fully working ADSR/VCA modules on the bench now, time to take a lunch break and then I'll add on the upgrade boards.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1