MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

GIF thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author GIF thread
barto
because sometimes you make stuff with no real purpose. try to keep them around 1mb plz

johnnywoods
great idea! and excellent images!
kjellb
I really like the emboss ripple in the 3rd animation. How did you do that?
snufkin
the gif that keeps on giffing

meh
MrDys
Love it.
nickciontea
love love how many frames. and whats the easiest method?

well I do know how to use google sad banana Dead Banana
lizlarsen
Awesome idea!!! Someone needs to start a tumblr with screenshots and gifs from this community.
wcfields
I think the first requirement of an getting an LZX is to immediately make a GIF of your own face.
barto
kjellb wrote:
I really like the emboss ripple in the 3rd animation. How did you do that?

thanks! that one was mostly my panasonic video mixer using the DSK and adjusting the threshold.

wcfields wrote:
I think the first requirement of an getting an LZX is to immediately make a GIF of your own face.

yep! that or pointing the camera at your synth
barto
my method of choice for generating these is first capturing footage. i then choose a small portion of a clip and decide if i want it to loop or not. if it doesnt loop well naturally, you can always duplicate the clip and reverse it. Newer versions of photoshop has a feature called import frames as layers. Sometimes its necessary to remove frames to keep the file size down so you can tell it to import every 2nd or 3rd frame. i also scale down the image size to around 400 pixels as the longest length. from there choose save for web. you can adjust compression settings and see the estimated file size as you adjust these settings. i can do a more in depth tutorial if needed.
Bricks
we're not worthy we're not worthy
great work!
lizlarsen
johnnywoods
oh man I love that patch, Lars. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
daverj
Great idea for a thread, and some great images to kick it off!
bitSmasher
barto wrote:
because sometimes you make stuff with no real purpose
That's why we're all here

Is there a good freeware program for W7 you could reccommend?
barto
numan7
are these supposed to be animated? they all look like stills on my android-phone, except for Lars' which appears as a black rectangle. sad banana

i think i'll try looking at them on a macbook later, and maybe create one or two myself (tho i barely even remember what gif is anymore). thumbs up

cheers
daverj
They are indeed animated. Odd that your phone doesn't display them. Perhaps there's a setting in the browser that disables animated images? Or maybe an ad blocker that thinks they are ads? (since animated GIFs are often used for ads)
barto
lizlarsen
you're killin' it nick! wow
daverj
These are all looking pretty cool.

BTW, I got to meet Barto in person last week in Seattle. Had a beer, a bite to eat, and some good conversation. He was the first Wiggler I've met in person that I didn't already know from outside of Muffs.
lizlarsen
Awesome! We need an annual Video Synthesis Revival meet at some point!
franzschuier
This thread is we're not worthy
barto
it was an honor to meet you dave! i took a pic of the video oscillator module prototype, ill post it up when i get a chance
numan7
ok, here are a couple that i made (from 'yellow chaos 2', the latest installment of my metasonix/chaos videos):

i originally had them as a single animation. but that took up 1.8MB, so i split it into two parts.

cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6