MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Silent Way/Reason Rack Extensions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Author Silent Way/Reason Rack Extensions?
moncks_crossing
Can the ES- 1 or ES-2 on the Disting MkIV be used with Reason Silent Way RE and Propellerheads Balance audio interface?
os
I don't believe so. I have no reason to believe the Balance is DC coupled, and the Silent Way RE doesn't have the AC Encoder component.
moncks_crossing
This is from Disting manual:
“This algorithm provides a software implementation of the Expert Sleepers ES-1 module. The in conjunction with the Silent Way AC Encoder plug-in this allows you to pass CVs from your DAW to your modular via an AC coupled audio interface.”

And this:
“This algorithm provides a software implementation of the Expert Sleepers ES-2 module. The in conjunction with the Silent Way CV Input plug-in this allows you to pass CVs from your modular into your DAW via a regular audio interface”

What am I missing?
os
You're missing the AC Encoder plug-in & the CV Input plug-in.
moncks_crossing
so, is there a way to make disting ES-1/2 work with reason/balance ?
os
Sorry, forgot Reason loads VSTs now. You could use the Silent Way VSTs.
moncks_crossing
I’ll download the demo and have a look. Thanks.
DJMaytag
os wrote:
I'd like to add ES-4 support, but as I mentioned earlier, take up of the RE has been modest, so it's low on my list right now.

Bumping this to make Reason users aware that the RE is a MUST HAVE if you want to easily connect some sort of drum/trigger sequencer to an SW audio signal that you can route to the ES-5 Controlllrr VST or directly to an ADAT audio output to your ES-3/8.

I don’t log on to Muffs all that much anymore, but I sure do pitch the SW RE to anyone using modular gear on ReasonTalk & various Reason FB groups. I know it’s probably still not enough to further develop SW specific RE’s, but the one use I mentioned is definitely one reason why it should at least be maintained & available in the Prop Shop.
re8et
Newbyer question, has anyone succeded using the vst Silent way cv to midi to generate a midi clock on dc coupled output interface like the Ultralite?
I'm trying to generate a timing clock from the clock out of an Euclid sequencer in reason, and I got a pretty decent timing clock signal out, but from time to time (maybe I got a 64 bar reset on it- yes I had that) it sends a pitch bend signal.
However I'm not using other stuff, but I'm on my way to get a Disting Mk4 soon, because of the Es-1 and Es-2 emulation.
Do you guys think it's ok for that??
I also got the Silent wat RE but on the VSt There are many outputs, and 8 out are active (instrument version of voice controller) and I'm using that to generate the trigger (I suppose I'm sending the trigger, as I have no confirmation of what the backpanel outs are) trigger 1.000 while on the SW sync side clock output is set to off, trig 1.000 and clock run on output 1, lenght 0.000 coming out from channel 1, left.

Is it ok the Disting in Es-1 mode for output clock? I also going to get the midi in/out expander. Mind, not any midi clock, but one generated from Reason internal clocks sources(main sequencer not running)like the PSQ or Euclid, or Complex-1.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Page 6 of 6