MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Silent Way/Reason Rack Extensions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Silent Way/Reason Rack Extensions?
Chuck E. Jesus
any chance this could happen in the future?
os
I wondered how long this would take smile

It's possible. You'll almost certainly see an AAX version before a Rack Extension version though.
Chuck E. Jesus
os wrote:
I wondered how long this would take smile

It's possible. You'll almost certainly see an AAX version before a Rack Extension version though.

hihi

i've never used Reason, but i like how it seems fully integrated with easy routing...

zero interest in AAX...
justin3am
Well, I imagine that there are more people using analog synths with Pro Tools than with Reason, so I guess it makes sense.

As I mentioned else where, you can already send LFO, Envelope and Sequencer signals out of Reason to an ES-3 using Thor's modulation matrix and Aux outputs but I'd be really stoked to see the Voice Controller implemented in RE.

As it is, I'm happy using Silent Way in Live and Numerology.
Chuck E. Jesus
justin3am wrote:
Well, I imagine that there are more people using analog synths with Pro Tools than with Reason, so I guess it makes sense.

yep...

and he didn't say no to Reason RE Dead Banana
the tone ranger
of course there are more people using analogue synths with Pro Tools over Reason. but how many people would use analogue synths with Reason if it had MIDI out or Silent Way? i think Reason needs it more! Mr. Green
it's the reason i finally signed up to muff so i can beg for Silent Way in Reason.

because Reason already has plenty of CV stuff going on i'd be happy with a liter version of Silent Way.

all it really needs is 3 things

simple CV to audio converter
OSC calibration thingy
delay compensation for external effects
HeWhoWantsJeans
the tone ranger wrote:
of course there are more people using analogue synths with Pro Tools over Reason. but how many people would use analogue synths with Reason if it had MIDI out or Silent Way? i think Reason needs it more! Mr. Green
it's the reason i finally signed up to muff so i can beg for Silent Way in Reason.

because Reason already has plenty of CV stuff going on i'd be happy with a liter version of Silent Way.

all it really needs is 3 things

simple CV to audio converter
OSC calibration thingy
delay compensation for external effects

I didn't think about using the CV sources in Reason to output via a theoretical Silent Way RE.... but damn. Now you got me all excited. I'd absolutely love to have a Rack unit that just took in CV input, formatted it however Silent Way needs it to be, and would shoot the result out of a chosen output.

Seriously. If that happens, I'm one step closer to using Cubase on an infrequent basis.
os
Well, once Propellerheads have actually released the Rack Extension SDK, I'll take a look at it.
HeWhoWantsJeans
os wrote:
Well, once Propellerheads have actually released the Rack Extension SDK, I'll take a look at it.

Being that I'm the weirdo who begged you for the VST that became 'Clocker', I like the sound of that. thumbs up

hihi
the tone ranger
os wrote:

that's good to hear!
ersatzplanet
Oz - Have Propellerheads released the SDK yet and have you got a look at it? Just curious. I have played with the Thor trick to output CVs but it only goes so far. A single module the output whatever CV a resin module was making would be superb. I can understand priorities though, and a larger percentage of Reason owners are staying completely in the computer than not.
os
I've contacted Propellerheads. No other news so far.
lyinghippie
os wrote:

I hope this is working out for a Silent Way RE in Reason!
eXode
ersatzplanet wrote:
Oz - Have Propellerheads released the SDK yet and have you got a look at it? Just curious. I have played with the Thor trick to output CVs but it only goes so far. A single module the output whatever CV a resin module was making would be superb. I can understand priorities though, and a larger percentage of Reason owners are staying completely in the computer than not.

What do you mean by it only goes so far? You're not limited to just Thor you know, Thor is the complete bridge between Reason and the modular.
ersatzplanet
eXode wrote:
What do you mean by it only goes so far? You're not limited to just Thor you know, Thor is the complete bridge between Reason and the modular.

Except the Thor technique doesn't have the auto pitch scaling that SS does. Also the RE can be another way of bringing CVs into Reason to control it.
eXode
Considering that LFO's and envelopes etc already are available in Reason I think that the first/best thing you could do is a decent MIDI to CV/GATE (but using Reason's audio cables for that) conversion thing (instead of having to use Thor). If possible that is.
theflyingfridge
I've been out of the loop for a while, but was just browsing through some threads.

Is there any news on this? I've been a fan of propellerhead for a few years now, though I haven't used it much recently, and am curious if this is in the works or already working?

I'm about to take the plunge into the bottomless sea of modular and really like the idea of using Silent Way.
os
I'm currently doing the AAX version. A Rack Extension may follow.
MrBiggs
RandyInLA
Now that Propellerheads has the Reason Rack Extension SDK available and since the upcoming version 7 will indeed have Midi out (not that you need midi to access Adat light pipe) and they show a Eurorack system in their latest version 7 announcement video, will you please commit to a Rack Extension?? I would much rather have your solution in place than hack something through a Thor.

I am just finishing building my first Eurorack and am already frustrated because the Doepfer A-190-3 provides only 5 CV outs (4 of which are hard coded to gate, note, pitch, volume). It would be absolutely MARVELOUS if Silent Way was ported over to the RE format so users could get 8 or more programmable CV outs! I know there are more than a few users of Reason with modular rigs.
andre h
Bump

Had a license for Reason 1 i used to get R7 for a nice price smile
Hedefar
Hey there!
I just want to mention that Reason has taught me all about CV's before I ever touched a modular synth. The whole logic behind it and the fact that Reason's internal modules interconnect between so many functions, made me dream about the day that it would be possible to expand that to even outboard modular gear.

If you and Propellerhead Software end up making this reality, Reason would definitely be my DAW of choice. Please quote me on that when e-mailing their CFO! wink
Hedefar
I have created a feature suggestion thread at the Propellerhead forum.
Anyone with similar interests, please drop off a comment to let them know that there is a want for this smile

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?p=1307497#post13074 97
Hedefar
os wrote:

Did you get a chance to look at this and decide whether would want to make a Rack Extension for the future?

As mentioned, I opened a thread at Propellerhead Software to make them aware of the possibility. If you want to do a RE, I will start trying to find more commenters to raise their awareness. If that would help anything?

Reason and the modular world just seems so right for each other!
os
It's still on my radar. No firm plans though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6