MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Quantizer?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Frac Quantizer?
panda30y
Aside from using the Miniwave with the extra rom installed, is there a quantizer available in Frac?
plord
You can DIY the MFOS one. Or Fonik worked one up that should go in Frac as well I think. Nothing commercially available, though.
scozbor
I was planning on building the MFOS one.
didn't know about the fonik one. thanks! thumbs up
panda30y
plord wrote:
You can DIY the MFOS one. Or Fonik worked one up that should go in Frac as well I think. Nothing commercially available, though.

Thanks for the info, I'm trying to find Fonik's module. I'm kindof surprised that no one has released one in frac.
plord
Ah, that's because (upon re-reading) he hasn't released a PCB yet, it's still in the design phase: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-21931-150.html

I had to stop reading E-M, I'm still 40 projects behind and it just rubs salt in the wound.
panda30y
plord wrote:
Ah, that's because (upon re-reading) he hasn't released a PCB yet, it's still in the design phase: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-21931-150.html

I had to stop reading E-M, I'm still 40 projects behind and it just rubs salt in the wound.

I know the feeling somewhat. All those cheap pcb's are far too tempting!
suitandtieguy
if I were to offer a chromatic quantiser, would ten people buy it?
plord
I'm nor sure where I'd put it, but, yes. At least one.
BugBrand
Fonik certainly rehoused a Doepfer A156 for his system
(I want to do that too)
Haven't kept up-to-date with developments on EM...

STG -- I would definitely be interested!
...depending on a few points...
Maybe would also be of interest to the BugModular peoples.

Of course, depth of module is important within my system (4" deep racks - so max 3.5" module depth)

Have you got feature thoughts in mind?
What I'd *LOVE* would be something like the Key Quantizer in the Nord Modular software:
- you would have switches for each chromatic note in a one octave scale - this is such a great feature!
- plus an overall (input?) range dial to set the span.

3vcos
people have hacked into the the quantizer in the blacet noise module by adding an external in to the quantizer section...
suitandtieguy
the quantiser would be chromatic, multi-channel (i don't know yet how many channels), and have an add input or two which would be summed internally with the other inputs. it would be limited in input and output to plus and minus 5 volts, anything further would hang on the ceiling.

we've got an idea together (i predict this will take 3 to 4 months) for the EU and MU versions, i could just take the EU version and put it behind a 1FU panel or do something more frac-centric and more expensive in a 2FU panel.

as far as the depth goes, i can make no promises other than they would fit in Blacet and PAiA racks.

we also have a solid concept for a scale based quantiser which i'm sure everyone will like but this has to do well first. you can't leap from a crawl, to quote The Wizard of Speed and Time.
panda30y
Sounds cool! Right now i'm trying to plan the rest of my 6U setup between diy units, blacet and metalbox units. Not sure if I want to go with the Miniwave or not, because it add versatility which I crave. Still trying to find money and room for a wavefolder too. But I'm sure in the future I'll have room and money for the quantizer, but not right now. sad banana
Kwote
suitandtieguy wrote:
the quantiser would be chromatic, multi-channel (i don't know yet how many channels), and have an add input or two which would be summed internally with the other inputs. it would be limited in input and output to plus and minus 5 volts, anything further would hang on the ceiling.

we've got an idea together (i predict this will take 3 to 4 months) for the EU and MU versions, i could just take the EU version and put it behind a 1FU panel or do something more frac-centric and more expensive in a 2FU panel.

as far as the depth goes, i can make no promises other than they would fit in Blacet and PAiA racks.

we also have a solid concept for a scale based quantiser which i'm sure everyone will like but this has to do well first. you can't leap from a crawl, to quote The Wizard of Speed and Time.

do it! hyper
haricots
suitandtieguy wrote:

In a second. Please do!
tragedybysyntax
yup, i'd buy 2
haricots
I should add I would prefer it in MOTM format but if that's not an option I would be ok with Frac.
goiks
suitandtieguy wrote:

+1 (euro would be preferable for me), as long as it has the lovely large colored knobs like the other euro Suit And Tie Guy! modules.
suitandtieguy
there would be no knobs, and it would actually only be designed around MU and EU ... the MOTM format doesn't have the room i need for the design unless i go 2U and that would look really silly, but frac i can just throw the eurorack front panel PCB into a 1FU panel.
scozbor
^^^^^^^^very interested in frac applause
parasitk
I'm definitely interested, and I'd buy one once I have money to buy things again. I have a number of STG modules I'd like to buy in Frac, but my financial situation is kinda in the dumper at the moment. help
dude
i would absolutely buy one!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1