MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

8008 questions...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author 8008 questions...
johnnymad
how do you trigger/sequence your 8008? so far, i've only triggered it with the gate out of my hex zone and by using the I/O as a body contact. any more tips?
DGTom
Mostly it is just connected to the BD out of my MFB step sequencer, but sometimes I use the trigger out of the Window Comparator when I'm doing wonkier stuff.

Gonna do more of that tonight actually, the 8008 sounds brutal thru my new Lockhart Folders grin I like running it full bore into the distortion then VCAing it after, so the decay of the 8008 makes differant tones with differant settings which are then chopped up by the VCA/EG.
parasitk
DGTom wrote:
Gonna do more of that tonight actually, the 8008 sounds brutal thru my new Lockhart Folders grin

AoSTFU! SlayerBadger!
johnnymad
DGTom wrote:
Gonna do more of that tonight actually, the 8008 sounds brutal thru my new Lockhart Folders grin I like running it full bore into the distortion then VCAing it after, so the decay of the 8008 makes differant tones with differant settings which are then chopped up by the VCA/EG.

i've done something similar running the kick through a plague bearer and then into a vca. it makes some really cool distortion/harmonics.
ignatius
i've been triggering mine w/flame echometer and processing the gate's w/various modcan modules. waiting on other metalbox modules to add to the fun.
Kwote
mostly Hex but sometimes Pulse Divider.

i like the distortion idea. i've been doing a lot of clean drums for awhile so i'm definitely ready to spice things up.

Agony!
DGTom
parasitk wrote:
DGTom wrote:
Gonna do more of that tonight actually, the 8008 sounds brutal thru my new Lockhart Folders grin

AoSTFU! SlayerBadger!

Soon come! I just got home from work, its getting proper winter & I've been triggering the 8008 from one of my CMOS modules

screaming goo yo

The PB is an awesome partner for the 8008 as well! Any good distortion makes it into a badass bass synth, just one note tho... like a real bass player & hard to tune exact... just like a real bas... I'll stop.

Thomas "Some of my Best Friends are Bass Players"
Babaluma
i just like my 8008 clean, no need to add anything to it if you ask me. i usually trigger it with a mobius or a 606.
Cat-A-Tonic
No 8008 here. waah
My 2 CGS Dual Drums get triggered from combinations of:
dynamic mics/contact mics thru the I/O,
Binary Zone,
Divider & Logic,
Window Comparator (with all sorts of inputs),
Hex Zone,
and pulses from oscillators...

I like to process individual drum sounds thru:
PT Delay,
Wavefolder,
Klangwerk,
and envelope controlled VCAs.

Noise sources come in handy for percussive bursts on their own,
or mixed with the tom-like sounds to make more realistic snares.

I have found that tuning my lowest tom out of the 4 down into bass drum territory,
then mixing in a tuned sine from an LFO,
and controlling them both from the same envelope...
gets me a pretty decent bass drum sound.
DGTom
You've got 2 Dual Drums Cat-A-Tonic, you need an 8008! That would be a very, very nice drum kit, just throw in some (digital) noise!

Babaluma wrote:
i just like my 8008 clean, no need to add anything to it if you ask me. i usually trigger it with a mobius or a 606.

100% no need to, but, it sounds so good! I must admit I use it as a pure sub or a hi 'hand drum' clean sound more often than anything else, but;

8008 Lockhart

I could take a Sine Osc. VCA & EG & run that thru the same chain, but the 8008 has its own character for sure.

Can't wait to get a Pulse Divider & use Kwotes idea grin

I :heart: Metalbox & I got a fat stack more coming, gotta build another case for em!
cavage
what i 'love' to do and what 'sometimes' gives me real magic is plug a funky 70's breakbeat (like thoe motownesque etc ) and send it to the Envellope follower ( wich is a oakley btw), then adjusting all this, get the gate out from the EF into the trig in from teh 8008...
this trigs and melt with the rythm sio nicely and groooooooooooovy !
after that i love to let the 8008 go directly through the STG wavefloder to make it big and gabbaish smile following various treatments for pleasure...
but, this days, this is the baic setup around the 8008 (wich isn, indeeed, a fantastic little module )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1